Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, I loved Sleeper ha. Always wanted Louise Wener's hair but never had the guts to get it cut. Inbetweener came on the radio the other day and I was chuffed I remembered all the words ๐Ÿ˜† The bleak af lyrics went completely over my head as a teenager though
I loved Sleeper and Louise's hair ๐Ÿ˜Š, although Connection was great I never took to Justine, she always seemed a bit try hard.
My favourites were Republica. I used to listen to Drop Dead Gorgeous constantly. Saffron had great hair too!

Music was fantastic in the early/ mid 90s, so many women fronting groups...Portishead and Dubstar were 2 other favourites of mine from that time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I loved Sleeper and Louise's hair ๐Ÿ˜Š, although Connection was great I never took to Justine, she always seemed a bit try hard.
My favourites were Republica. I used to listen to Drop Dead Gorgeous constantly. Saffron had great hair too!

Music was fantastic in the early/ mid 90s, so many women fronting groups...Portishead and Dubstar were 2 other favourites of mine from that time.
Another great female from the 90s is Beth Orton.

As well as Shirley Manson and Garbage for fronting bands.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Another great female from the 90s is Beth Orton.

As well as Shirley Manson and Garbage for fronting bands.
Can't believe I forgot to add Garbage!! Another of my favourites. Only Happy When It Rains always felt like my song โค๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Yes to all the female fronted bands! Skunk Anansie! Lush too! And Echobelly, I fancied the singer Sonya Madan so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was in my 20s when it was all happening so a bit out of my time - though I did quite like Suede and I loved Pulp (still love Jarvis).

Years ago I took back a cassette of Coming Up to a second hand shop (the tape wasn't playing properly and had been chewed at one point - not by me). I walked in the store and said "Can I return this?"

The assistant took one look at it and replied, "Are you returning it because it's tit?"

Still makes me laugh, decades later.

I remember Justine Frischmann was sniffing around Adam Ant in those days. Not sure how that turned out. Google led me here: Select Magazine Website (monkeon.co.uk) though it was more about her having romantic designs on him for a brief while.

Oh, and I quite liked Placebo (enough to buy their CD) but I think that was mainly because Bowie approved of them - and the whole androgyny thing that the 1980s desensitised me to was appealing to me (back then).

The 1990s music press also reappraised David Bowie's glory years (of the 1970s) and that got me into David Bowie, years after the older gay women I hung about with had!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was always suss of Justine and then as I got older I read her dad is actually loaded which is why she could afford to be blase.

My favourite Britpop band (tho they would hate that label) was The Charlatans. Then I read Tim Burgessโ€˜ book and truthfully, I got bored of the drug taking about 10 pages in. That book is a good few years old now and heโ€™s lost a few of his pals recently in their 50s and I wonder if heโ€™s considered that putting your body through what they did daily might have been less wise than he makes out in the book?

Also The Cardigans, The Cranberries and Catatonia to Bjork and PJ Harvey for solo.
Iโ€™d sort of forgotten The Cranberries until they were played on the soundtrack of a Derry Girls episode. Led to a downloading of loads of their stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Sleeper were so good. The It Girl is a brilliant album. I'm an indie rock chick at heart so I still listen to all this stuff on a regular basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Elton has famously admitted to being a voyeur rather than a participant for much of his life, so it definitely fits!
I read a profile of him in the music press, late '80s, and he sardonically referred to having a few 'elfs' around when he was touring.

Elfs, not elves. As in Elton's Little Fucks.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
There's a BritPop programme on channel 5 starting now.
---
It was on last week too, so hopefully some of you can get it on catch up x

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Reactions: 27
Interesting!!!! Why they needed to injunction who knows. Hardly a surprise if a gay couple go 3 ways is it. Only sex at the end of the day. And DF is billed as a v hung Daddy type online Iโ€™ve heard.

Oh the lives of the Rich and Famous eh ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m just jealous ๐Ÿ˜Œ Time for fish fingers and chips now ๐Ÿ˜‚
---

Someone must know when she was born ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I love fish finger sandwiches this is very grim but in the 70s I loved fish fingers and this couple tried to lure me into their car and I told them ..."Oh no thank you , it's fish fingers for tea" and I went back home me mother went crazy . But fish fingers saved me ....id DF on dating sites and is there any truth in the rent boy scandal of EJ in the 80s

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.