Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on here celebrity gossipers. Last thread we discussed loads including Gary Lineker, the comedy circuit, Pat Sharp, Hollywood. It’s Oscar night tonight so hoping there will be some secret gossip!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'll be honest; I love Brendan Fraser but I'm tired of seeing him look emotional and teary in almost every bit of press he has been doing for The Whale.

I hope he gets a chance to have a rest after the Oscars!

• Sad
Reactions: 40
On the topic of comedians...can anyone remember the story of Stephen K Amos and the young fan who he allegedly groomed? I'm sure he (the fan) ended up commiting suicide.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I'll be honest; I love Brendan Fraser but I'm tired of seeing him look emotional and teary in almost every bit of press he has been doing for The Whale.

I hope he gets a chance to have a rest after the Oscars!
i feel for him, he’s looked absolutely drained at every event he’s attended. if he does win tonight, which he 90% will, his speech is surely going to be one of the most ridiculously emotional ever. he seems incredibly fragile (unsurprisingly).

• Sad
Reactions: 30
i feel for him, he’s looked absolutely drained at every event he’s attended. if he does win tonight, which he 90% will, his speech is surely going to be one of the most ridiculously emotional ever. he seems incredibly fragile (unsurprisingly).
I have only seen Elvis out of all the nominees for best film (oh and Banshees...) but I do hope Brendan gets it.
I just worry that he is going to be in a weird place with all this attention again.

We'll see, I guess!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have only seen Elvis out of all the nominees for best film (oh and Banshees...) but I do hope Brendan gets it.
I just worry that he is going to be in a weird place with all this attention again.

We'll see, I guess!
it’s one of the most open seasons for a while (i would say only best supporting actor is a lock right now) but it seems likely brendan will get it.

i do wonder, like you say, if he’s ready for this level of attention and interest. he seems so nervous and anxious (in a genuine way). but i suppose he must know what he’s getting into and came back of his own will.

Reactions: 7
i would say only best supporting actor is a lock right now
Oh, is Angela Bassett not necessarily going to do the thing?

I haven't seen any of the films but am rooting for Michelle Yeoh over Cate Blanchett, as the latter has already won two acting Academy Awards. Greedy greedy! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh, is Angela Bassett not necessarily going to do the thing? :(

I haven't seen any of the films but am rooting for Michelle Yeoh over Cate Blanchett, as the latter has already won two acting Academy Awards. Greedy greedy! :ROFLMAO:
best supporting actress is pretty wide open! if i was placing a bet i would say angela bassett will do the thing, but we’ll see.

i would love michelle yeoh to win. i enjoyed her performance more and i’ve just soured on cate a bit (even though she’s obviously very talented).

Reactions: 12
@Silverback Couldn’t reply to your previous post. Could you give any more gossip regarding Kaveh? Always thought he was a wrong un and thats awful.

Reactions: 5
I want to preface this by saying Everything Everywhere All at Once was a phenomenal movie, I adored it and literally couldn't bring myself to blink at some points because I didn't want to miss a single frame.

BUT. I think Cate Blanchett in Tar was absolutely miles ahead of Michelle Yeoh's performance in EEAAO. There was so much more nuance in her performance. And again, I bleeping adored EEAAO.

I'm disappointed to see people (not pointed at anyone in this thread, I mean generally) act like Cate doesn't 'deserve' it just because she's unlucky enough to be up against a woefully under-respected actress. If she wins, she earned it by putting on a genuinely amazing performance. The Academy's problems with race and horribly stale voting committee shouldn't mean we denigrate genuinely talented actresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm disappointed to see people (not pointed at anyone in this thread, I mean generally) act like Cate doesn't 'deserve' it just because she's unlucky enough to be up against a woefully under-respected actress. If she wins, she earned it by putting on a genuinely amazing performance. The Academy's problems with race and horribly stale voting committee shouldn't mean we denigrate genuinely talented actresses.
It can often reek of tokenism when, in reality, it should always be a case of the best person wins.
Acting roles are so vastly different it's pointless giving awards for them anyway UNLESS it was, say, five different performances of the same character.

All awards are just backslapping, bonus-giving for agents and increases in fees anyway. Waste of time.
---
She came across as very attention-seeking on Steven Bartlett’s podcast, too, tbh.
I really don't want to give any internet traffic to the Daily Mail, so what was the interview with Davina about that warranted her mentioning her sexual escapades? Was it relevant? .

Reactions: 13
Cate Blanchett has such a rep for being an utter cow that I can’t root for her in anything no matter how good an actor she is.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I know there are far more worthy contenders, but I would really love to see Top Gun: Maverick take Best Film. It pretty much single-handedly saved cinemas after all the lockdowns and it's probably the best sequel ever made.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I know there are far more worthy contenders, but I would really love to see Top Gun: Maverick take Best Film. It pretty much single-handedly saved cinemas after all the lockdowns and it's probably the best sequel ever made.
deserves every oscar possible for the topless beach football scene tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.