Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it Victim of Love or The Circus? The Circus is one of my favourite songs by them, it's an interesting song about British society and how the miners of yesteryear were reduced to nothing with the pits closing.
No neither of them but canโ€™t remember what it was called ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Alison Hammond to Bake Off is such a no no for me. No one will get a word in edgeways. And that laugh. No.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Lance Reddick has died! Sounds like it might have been a sudden heart attack.
hadnโ€™t he only just been cast in the percy jackson netflix series too? must have been sudden :(

heโ€™s incredible in the wire, obviously among other things.

Reactions: 5
Lance Reddick was my absolute fave in highly-underrated series Fringe. Grown-up, daddy-issues Pacey whilst Anna Torv kicks arse everywhere (slight spoiler)

yes please.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sad news
I was really sad to hear about Sam today, but the piece on the BBC website is much better than the DM article, and includes a quite funny anecdote about Barbara Streisand...

Look," he adds, "I should've probably called this book, Spilling the Beans, because some beans I probably shouldn't have spilled and one of them was meeting Barbra Streisand."
He was flown to meet her in a hotel suite in New York in the early 1980s, to discuss a role in her film Yentl.
While he says he has always admired her, he admits: "I've never enjoyed her singing."
So when she sang not one, but two, songs from the film, at full volume from a distance of about five feet away from him, he was, he says, "in a state of shock and dismay."
๐Ÿคญ

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Alison Hammond to Bake Off is such a no no for me. No one will get a word in edgeways. And that laugh. No.
I feel like they could have brought back a bake off contestant to front it. There are some who had loads of charisma and actually decent.

Reactions: 22
They should have had someone less known and given them a chance. I see Alison at my local train station and she always looks so miserable. And she was very odd in Ant n Dec's hidden camera prank a few weeks ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
It will remain forever a mystery how a man who has now stood there on several series declaring he doesnโ€™t understand or like baking is still presenting it after losing two presenters. Itโ€™s one thing to have landed the job, Noel, but you could at least hide your contempt for it as a concept! I preferred Matt who at least seemed to be trying to cheer the contestants up. I blame Noel and his sneers detachment for the last few crappy series.
He isnโ€™t sneering on it? He seems to a comfort to the contestants when things go bad. And he seems incredibly proud of the job. ..weird of you to pin the crappy series on him when it's widely agreed it's because they have made some tasks impossible in the timeframe given.
Besides, i don't think Mel and Sue were prolific bakers either...its not like the presenters have to judge it so it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.