Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will remain forever a mystery how a man who has now stood there on several series declaring he doesn’t understand or like baking is still presenting it after losing two presenters. It’s one thing to have landed the job, Noel, but you could at least hide your contempt for it as a concept! I preferred Matt who at least seemed to be trying to cheer the contestants up. I blame Noel and his sneers detachment for the last few crappy series.
Mel and Sue for all their flaws, I know they weren't for everyone. They were really good hosts, engaging with the format, engaging with the judges and the contestants and the humour was just slotted it, not forced.

Noel's disdain for baking and Sandi "I don't watch TV" Toksvig were a terribly dull pair trying to force jokes. Matt tried, bless him, but it was always awkward with him.

Allison will be a great host, but I do wonder whether her and Noel will be too different to work together as a presenting pair.

Reactions: 28
Alison Hammond must have a bloody good agent. She’s everywhere. I don’t mind her, but not all over everything. I hate tv for that. They get one person and that one person gets all the gigs. Same as the others who have lingered - Schofield, Ant n Dec, Willoughby etc.

Josie Gibson would have been better on Bake Off.
Josie would have been better IMO.

I like Alison but she is in danger of over exposure. When I heard the news last night she'd got the gig, I did roll my eyes a bit.

Reactions: 15
Don't any of these celebs look at pics of others who've had buccal fat removal and not realise how wizened they'll look after? 😂
I wonder if a lot of them are in their 20's and don't realise that everything droops and loses volume 40's plus. A chubby face when you are young is a good thing!

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t it Mel and Sue who were so protective of of the bake off contestants that they didn’t want them crying to be shown on tv?

When anyone was crying, they would go and comfort them, and throw in some swear words so the footage couldn’t be used.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Wasn’t it Mel and Sue who were so protective of of the bake off contestants that they didn’t want them crying to be shown on tv?

When anyone was crying, they would go and comfort them, and throw in some swear words so the footage couldn’t be used.
Yes it was. They were delightful in looking after the contestants.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Can’t stand Noel, can’t see anything funny in him whatsoever. Gives me the creeps all day long and reminds me of that puppet on a trike from the SAW movies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It will remain forever a mystery how a man who has now stood there on several series declaring he doesn’t understand or like baking is still presenting it after losing two presenters. It’s one thing to have landed the job, Noel, but you could at least hide your contempt for it as a concept! I preferred Matt who at least seemed to be trying to cheer the contestants up. I blame Noel and his sneers detachment for the last few crappy series.
I have no clue why the chose noel, but I did continue to watch, but once Sandi went and Matt arrived I gave up

Reactions: 7
Many moons ago - Noel was my creepy crush. Not so much now. I could not warm to Matt, glad his is away.

Reactions: 9
Don't any of these celebs look at pics of others who've had buccal fat removal and not realise how wizened they'll look after? 😂
Who invented this buccal fat removal bollocks? Will we all be sharpening our earlobes next?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Besides This Morning what else is she on?
she does i can hear your voice too (i think?!) but that’s pretty much it, which isn’t much compared to other presenters really, unless i’m missing a few!

Reactions: 5
Alison has been on that shite singing programme with Paddy McGuiness, loads of panel games, adverts (Sainsburys and for some bank), cohosted the BAFTAs recently. She does plenty extraneous to This Morning.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My opinion of Alison changed after she made fun of an obviously mentally ill Britney Spears and called her 'cuckoo' on TV but pretended to be her biggest fan to her face. Sorry!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
They have announced that they are taking Bake Off back to basics whichI hope happens as the ridiculous challenges were turning me off. I actually prefer Junior Bake Off, the kids are enchanting and Harry Hill is fantastic in it

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They have announced that they are taking Bake Off back to basics whichI hope happens as the ridiculous challenges were turning me off. I actually prefer Junior Bake Off, the kids are enchanting and Harry Hill is fantastic in it
Good. It got a lot of backlash for their ridiculous themes and challenges.
Mexican week 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I imagine Junior bake off contestants all being named Harry, Isobel, George, Olivia etc and all from desirable areas of London and the Home counties, privately educated, horsey and with pushy mumsnetter mothers and all sounding like they're from an Enid Blyton novel

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Hmmmm. Tulisa. I remember that trial vividly. On the Friday Mike GLCs defence said they had proof Simon Cowell is gay. Monday comes and the trial collapses. In the song Mike made about it he says and I quote.

"First and foremost let's get it clear that if it weren't for me you wouldn't have your career back, here's the truth and we both share that and we know the world can't hear that... Mr Cowell we didn't go near that"..

It's called My Little Sister.
I can’t remember much about this, what was the tulisa trial about and why was Syco named in it as gay?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.