Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Argh, wish I hadn't looked at the Oscar winner list - The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse won best animated whatever so I'm now going to have to put up with another year or so of people wanging on about how heartwarming and profound it is, when really it's a pile of vomitous saccharine old arse.
Yeh I was given the book as a gift, I thought fxxk off I'm a grown up.
It's a posh book version of a "live love laugh" sign

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It's because she was doing so well she unfortunately died, she had been dry for about a month before the binge. Abstinence reduces the bodies tolerance to substances and she downed 2 bottles of vodka. It's more common to OD after relapse.
It was one bottle of vodka or under. It was a surprisingly small amount of booze that killed her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's because she was doing so well she unfortunately died, she had been dry for about a month before the binge. Abstinence reduces the bodies tolerance to substances and she downed 2 bottles of vodka. It's more common to OD after relapse.
this is what happened to the actor from glee (cory monteith) too isn’t it? had been clean for quite some time but relapsed and took the some amount he would have done before, but his body no longer had the tolerance for it. it’s so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
this is what happened to the actor from glee (cory monteith) too isn’t it? had been clean for quite some time but relapsed and took the some amount he would have done before, but his body no longer had the tolerance for it. it’s so sad.
Didn’t this happen to Peaches too?

Reactions: 6
Yeh I was given the book as a gift, I thought fxxk off I'm a grown up.
It's a posh book version of a "live love laugh" sign
I’m so glad you and @Clytemnestra said this. I have this book; it was given to me by friends when I had a mental breakdown.
It’s like a softly softly version of Matt Haig’s ‘inspirational’ shite. I really, really don’t like it. One of the friends who gave it to me said she used to read it when she was feeling down and it made her feel better. I just don’t get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so glad you and @Clytemnestra said this. I have this book; it was given to me by friends when I had a mental breakdown.
It’s like a softly softly version of Matt Haig’s ‘inspirational’ shite. I really, really don’t like it. One of the friends who gave it to me said she used to read it when she was feeling down and it made her feel better. I just don’t get it.
Not sure if it's the right thing to say, but I hope you are better Lazarus x

I looked up what I've written about that book on other places (yep I feel they strongly about it!!😆)

I had written 'hate the bestseller The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. It's Winnie the Pooh meets black beauty meets inspirational Instagram life quotes'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Not sure if it's the right thing to say, but I hope you are better Lazarus x

I looked up what I've written about that book on other places (yep I feel they strongly about it!!😆)

I had written 'hate the bestseller The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. It's Winnie the Pooh meets black beauty meets inspirational Instagram life quotes'.
That’s EXACTLY what it is!! What a great observation.
I’m better, most of the time. Thank you for asking xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Brad Renfro too, he’d been clean of drugs for a year I read.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hugh Grant is known for being a miserable bastard. Always has been. Remember when he chucked a tin of baked beans at a reporter?
I came here to say exactly the same thing! He has a history of being an hole which saddens me as I like him as an actor.

Reactions: 10
I get that famous people need to have down time, and being constantly bothered in restaurants etc must be really really annoying. But turning up at awards and being interviewed is part of their job and one of the prices they pay for wealth. So although I think in this case it’s more a transatlantic mistranslation, in general I think celebrities need to suck up the publicity stuff and do it with good grace.

Reactions: 17
Well, a few people read it the same way (re the "junkie" comment) and I was explaining myself, in case you thought I was being all unicorn and rainbows.
I understand your point. One of my family members was an alcoholic, which killed him despite many warnings and another hanged himself. It's the people left behind that deserve the greatest compassion. It completely fucks them up, and they have no say.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I came here to say exactly the same thing! He has a history of being an hole which saddens me as I like him as an actor.
His wife is meant to be lovely. I know someone who deals with her regularly. There was something posted on here (I think?) and they both came across badly so who knows?
---
he has never changed and never will, amazes me that he still has any kind of fanbase. the description of what he did to rihanna has always stayed with me.
Yeah me too. It was shocking

Reactions: 5
What's happened to his face? His gf is 23??!! She looks like his mother.
Buccal fat removal and weird jaw surgery
---
I’m going to go against the grain here and declare that I like it. I have it amongst a few books by my bed that make me feel comforted (I have PTSD and anxiety). I also dip into reading a chapter of Winnie the Pooh sometimes for the same reason- it makes me feel safe and warm and fuzzy and like everything is ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Don't any of these celebs look at pics of others who've had buccal fat removal and not realise how wizened they'll look after? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Buccal fat removal and weird jaw surgery
---

I’m going to go against the grain here and declare that I like it. I have it amongst a few books by my bed that make me feel comforted (I have PTSD and anxiety). I also dip into reading a chapter of Winnie the Pooh sometimes for the same reason- it makes me feel safe and warm and fuzzy and like everything is ok.
Sorry you've been struggling. For a good, easy to digest mental health based book can recommend The Tools by Phil Stutz (the subject of Jonah Hills Netflix documentary Stutz) lots of simple advice and 'tools' for depression and ptsd.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.