Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
James Acaster and Rose Matofeo seem an odd mix but they were in a relationship for quite a while. She wasn’t the one who dumped him for Rowan Atkinson though.

Reactions: 7
Have to say that I watched Am I being unreasonable on a plane a few weeks back and it started off slow, but I am still astounded by the ending. Absolutely brilliant. She is wasting her time on comedy. And I thought she looked so pretty on Ant and Dec this evening.

Reactions: 9
I have an irrational hatred for James Acaster. His voice, and when he does that god awful unfunny face where he leans all the way back (you know the one), I just feel an irrational anger towards him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, because I like his story about the cabbages on WILTY but man, that face annoys me.

I especially hate that his little fan girls (and I say this as someone who whole heartedly fan girls on the people I do like) swarm in and dominate every YT comment section acting like he's the comic second coming of Jesus, telling the best jokes that've ever been told. Let's be so real, he wouldn't be half as popular if he wasn't cute and tall with floofy hair.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I did.

I’ve also met him twice. He’s weirdly much better looking, good looking even, in the flesh. Telly does nothing for him 🤣
He was on my flight to Paphos a few years ago (Jet2 so he doesn't mind slumming it with us normal people) felt sorry for him as he was just trying to have a quiet drink in the airport and people never stopped pestering him for selfies.

Reactions: 4
I have an irrational hatred for James Acaster. His voice, and when he does that god awful unfunny face where he leans all the way back (you know the one), I just feel an irrational anger towards him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, because I like his story about the cabbages on WILTY but man, that face annoys me.

I especially hate that his little fan girls (and I say this as someone who whole heartedly fan girls on the people I do like) swarm in and dominate every YT comment section acting like he's the comic second coming of Jesus, telling the best jokes that've ever been told. Let's be so real, he wouldn't be half as popular if he wasn't cute and tall with floofy hair.
I struggle with him too, for the same reasons. I do wonder what he's like in real life and if this dead pan misery humour is a stage act.

Reactions: 5
I had the same reaction to David O’Docherty, he’s hilarious. I love his song “FAQ for the DOD, Frequently Asked Questions for David O’Docherty”

🎶
“Do you have a side-kick? No, I'm the only one in it
Do you stand up at all? Yes, in a minute”
Have you heard his Grand Designs song? It’s brilliant! I’ve seen him live twice. I wept with laughter when he told how his friend had gone into teaching later in life and was bemused by the “Frube Queue” at breaktime. I was teaching smallies at the time and it was just so true!😂

• Haha
David O’Docherty makes me hurt myself laughing. After the gigs I never remember what was so funny, just that it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have you heard his Grand Designs song? It’s brilliant! I’ve seen him live twice. I wept with laughter when he told how his friend had gone into teaching later in life and was bemused by the “Frube Queue” at breaktime. I was teaching smallies at the time and it was just so true!😂
Haha no, I’ve just looked it up, brilliant! ”Grand Designs Grand Designs, starts out fine, but….”

A decisive figure, I’ve seen Nish Kumar recently and it was great (bar a weird bit where he was obvious very angry at someone using their phone who then explained they had anxiety and had a friend checking in on them and then he seemed a bit peeved we as an audience were siding with the anxious girl).

He was very funny but dropped more names than jokes at some points. Mind you, he has some built-in goodwil,, no one is going to see Nish who isn’t on the same kind of lefty green cord wearing, yogurt knitting page.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I struggle with him too, for the same reasons. I do wonder what he's like in real life and if this dead pan misery humour is a stage act.
When you see him on stage or on a talk show, he is in character.
He is mostly being himself on his Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble and he's great.
Same as his appearances on other podcasts (Rob Brydon, Brett Goldstein and Richard Herring all have great Jacaster episodes).

I think his four Netflix specials were a work of genius, and I'm a old man with no interest in floppy hair of any sexuality!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No, I think it was a comedian more her husband’s peer. RB is younger than Amanda. I don’t know who it is, just pointing out that RB was quoted upthread, and it couldn’t have been him.
Sorry, I meant is the person Katherine Ryan spoke about definitely RB.

Reactions: 3
When you see him on stage or on a talk show, he is in character.
He is mostly being himself on his Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble and he's great.
Same as his appearances on other podcasts (Rob Brydon, Brett Goldstein and Richard Herring all have great Jacaster episodes).

I think his four Netflix specials were a work of genius, and I'm a old man with no interest in floppy hair of any sexuality!
Ooh thank you, that's all very interesting. I've never really managed the podcast thing but I'll give it a go.

This is probably going to sound ridiculous but what's the best way to access them (as in podcasts in general?). Do you download apps? Or go to a specific www address or is it done via the TV? I did see a Killing Eve one but it was televised (whilst they were recording I think) so it still left me non the wiser.

Reactions: 3
Ooh thank you, that's all very interesting. I've never really managed the podcast thing but I'll give it a go.

This is probably going to sound ridiculous but what's the best way to access them (as in podcasts in general?). Do you download apps? Or go to a specific www address or is it done via the TV? I did see a Killing Eve one but it was televised (whilst they were recording I think) so it still left me non the wiser.

I listen on my mobile. I have an iPhone and it comes with a podcast app - I use that. When I had an android I used Podcast Addict. But honestly I think the different apps are all more or less the same. Lots of podcast have their own websites too though and you can listen through there.

• Heart

I usually go via Spotify, and usually search on a key word if you don’t have a specific podcast in mind. That’s why my recent Spotify history is basically a mix of ISIS and Sex and the City.

👀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Who is the RB that keeps getting referred to with regards to sexually assaulting Amanda Holden? Richard Blackwood? Rob Beckett? I’m stumped.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.