Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh thank you, that's all very interesting. I've never really managed the podcast thing but I'll give it a go.

This is probably going to sound ridiculous but what's the best way to access them (as in podcasts in general?). Do you download apps? Or go to a specific www address or is it done via the TV? I did see a Killing Eve one but it was televised (whilst they were recording I think) so it still left me non the wiser.
What I do is download podcasts from the iTunes store or listen on Spotify.
You can see clips on Youtube/Instagram sometimes, or even whole filmed podcast shows.

The true crime ones such as All Killa No Filla or You Must Remember This are great, as is Off Menu with James Acaster and Ed Gamble... and there are hundreds of them so you'll find one you like!

Reactions: 3
I saw Kevin Bloody Wilson a million years ago. His daughter was the warm up act. Her name was Jenny Talia :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I saw Roy Chubby Brown almost 30 years ago in Blackpool. A few people walked out - saying he was disgusting. I think you knew what you were getting into going to see him! 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 10
IIRC Roy Chubby Brown is relatively okay in real life, Davidson by all accounts very much isn't.

Just remembered a random comedy anecdote.

The Welsh comedian Elis James (of Josh Widdecombe's sitcom Josh, also Isy Suttie's partner) did a bit at one of his Edinburgh shows about Jim Rosenthal the sports presenter.

Only he didn't realise that Jim's son Tom Rosenthal (the comedian/actor, not the musician) was in the audience. He told his dad about it and Jim came in the next night and made himself known! 😆

The bit wasn't insulting apparently so it was all fine but Elis was apparently mortified lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I saw Kevin Bloody Wilson a million years ago. His daughter was the warm up act. Her name was Jenny Talia :ROFLMAO:
A good funny name can derail any comedy show. For example, comedian talking to man in audience, wife elbows him, "tell him your name" "no". Comedian, "what's your name?" "Alan Key".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
IIRC Roy Chubby Brown is relatively okay in real life, Davidson by all accounts very much isn't.
I know a couple of people who are really good friends with Roy, but his comedy makes me so uncomfortable that I’m unable to separate that from him as a person. I guess that’s a me problem, but yeah, I’ve actually never heard a bad thing about him as a person.

Reactions: 5
jim davidson is vile. the way he deliberately and repeatedly called ashley banjo by the wrong name (or straight up forgot his name) in ab’s documentary about racism spoke absolute volumes.

i know it’s the tip of the iceberg with him but it immediately came to mind just by how casual it was.

Reactions: 18
My Nan loved Jim Davidson back in the 80s so we used to watch his videos when I was far too young for it. Anyway, one thing that always stuck out in my mind was he had a bit in his show about he didn’t understand how women peed. He said something like “do they wring it out like a sponge?” and even as a child, before political correctness had been invented, I thought surely an adult man would know this? And half his audience are women and will know how it works so they won’t find it funny either.

Child me obviously overestimated how many women would see him but it always struck me as a weird thing to be proud you didn’t understand. Anyway, his decent into right wing foamy mouthness was no surprise to me with his ignorance.

And yes, I was a fun child.

Reactions: 13
I know a couple of people who are really good friends with Roy, but his comedy makes me so uncomfortable that I’m unable to separate that from him as a person. I guess that’s a me problem, but yeah, I’ve actually never heard a bad thing about him as a person.
It's not a you problem. If your whole act is pretty much solely hateful material, you can't make out that it's all for harmless "bants". Go to a comedy open mic night and I guarantee you that you'll probably see one male comic coming out with a rape "joke".

Most male comedians are psychopaths anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's not a you problem. If your whole act is pretty much solely hateful material, you can't make out that it's all for harmless "bants". Go to a comedy open mic night and I guarantee you that you'll probably see one male comic coming out with a rape "joke".

Most male comedians are psychopaths anyway.
Honestly? This is exactly how I feel, he makes a living by punching down and I hate it. I’m forever told I’m wrong, but it’s not something I’m going to be changing my mind about at my big old age!

A friend of mine called RGH out for a rape joke at a gig. He then tweeted about it, saying how pathetic she was, she saw it and responded, and then he encouraged a massive pile on at her. So not a decent bloke in my eyes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I was watching Pointless Celebs from my exercise bike last night, there were two completely unknown to me comedians on (given how many we've just listed I was surprised they were short of names people may know)...I half wondered if they were a joke act and actually ordinary folk that wandered onto a celeb episode at first. They were Amy Gledhill and Chris Cantrill of The Delightful Sausage apparently.
I like watching Pointless Celebrities whilst doing other things too as the first round is far too longwinded. They tend to have the strangest 'comedians' on there, including Baga Chips, unless Baga is a huge star and I have never realised!

Reactions: 3
A friend of mine called RGH out for a rape joke at a gig. He then tweeted about it, saying how pathetic she was, she saw it and responded, and then he encouraged a massive pile on at her. So not a decent bloke in my eyes.
You may as well say their name as I can't think of who this is.

Reactions: 24
Sorry, Reginald G Hunter! Wasn’t looking to be mysterious, just fast, as he’s already been mentioned a few times in the last few pages. 😁

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I have no clue who RB is?I’m tit at guessing…
It is usually Russell Brand on this thread. Why don't posters just put the person's name? It would avoid 10 posts naming the person and lots of confusion - it's Tattle, you're not going to get sued 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
So Spencer Matthews is on Sunday Brunch promoting the documentary about his brother….I thought it was mysteriously pulled/ not released a couple of weeks ago? I wonder if it was down to editing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't know why Reginald Hunter has got a single iota of fame tbh. He strikes me as being not remotely funny enough to make it in as big a market as the US, so he gave us a go in the UK, where his jokes, that would've been seen as tired and outdated in the US, for whom a Black American comic is not a novel thing, seem to land here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.