Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, no not necessarily. There was a big community of Ugandan Asian people who were driven out of the country by Amin and given refuge in the UK. Different ethnic groups establish in countries far from their origin which we might find extraordinary, there's a big Japanese Brazilian community for example.
Yep, I think this was his reason for moving to UK. Parents forced out by Amin.
I think you were only allowed to bring so much out of the country, so a big loss to a family after years of toil and achievement. Bloody dictators 🤬

Reactions: 3
I’m glad Disney hasn’t broadcast them, though.

I still find the actual show problematic - ie the search only happened because of Spencer’s profile.
---

There’s lots of things on the internet, though, that shouldn’t be broadcast on television, so I’m glad Disney blurred them.

I mean no offence by this, but why was the article beautiful? I find it incomprehensible that people’s sons and daughters are just… there. I find it kind of hard to understand why more isn’t done to discourage people from climbing Everest, to be quite honest.
it was beautifully written and more a discussion of how the nepal climbing community have claimed them and ensured they are treated with respect (no one knows who “green boots” is as they’ve never been identified), a comment on the article not the circumstances themselves 🤷🏼‍♀️

the fact that so many are just left there makes me more empathetic to spencer tbh, whatever his true motivation it must be awful to know that your brother is potentially just out there on the mountain.

climbing everest seems to have become the ultimate rich person pastime really and absolutely agree more should be done to discourage people from it. it seems to be treated like a bucket list exercise rather than the life risking climb (for only the most experienced) that it actually is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Not sure how the fact the Asian comedian was Asian (or from Uganda) needed hammering home, but hey ho.
It was in the hope that Tattlers might be able to name him as he was so good despite his back story not being so nice.
It's nice to know that people can find humour in anything without ripping people and audience members to shreds like the warm up act did.
I remember seeing the Asian comedian on TV - a late night well known programme showcasing up and coming comedians. Everyone knew who he was at the time (probably a decade ago), especially the dinosaur thing. A friend thinks I might have seen him in the following:-

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.