Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comedians-wise the funniest I've ever seen live was Dara O'Briain, I very nearly wet the seat I was laughing so hard. Michael McIntyre just as he was really starting to get famous, so-so. Wasn't impressed with Frankie Boyle, but it was the tour where he was doing the joke about Harvey Price, it was quite early on in the set and people were walking out in droves. Saw Hale and Pace back in the day, who were great, and Jeremy Hardy and Kit Hollerbach when they were married and touring together. Saw Jeremy again in a very small venue a couple of years before he died and he was so good. Al Murray a couple of times, my husband's a fan rather than me, and then Bill Bailey at Wembley, I'm just visible on one of the panning shots on the Tinselworm DVD if you pause it in the right place!

Oh, and I saw Bremner, Bird and Fortune being filmed twice and have a signed copy of their book - Rory Bremner did a little Peter Mandelson impression just for me as he was signing it. That's more satire though, I guess. Also went to the 30th anniversary recording of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I find her unsufferably smug. However I guess I would be smug if I landed Pacey Witter 🤣 I don’t know if they’ve split.
I feel the exact same! Love him! I liked her too and them together at first but youre right she is smug and overshares.. i remember a story of hers about feeling sorry for kids whos parents have sex all the time and she was like.. "our daughter will have it the worst 😜🤭😜

And its like great you have sex.. and lets be honest they had only been together 2 years at that point even though they had a 1 yr old... so yeh, wait and see after a longer relationship how much you jump each othet lol and also why do you feel thst need to tell everyone. Whos your audience for that? His side chicks maybe 🤭

Reactions: 5
Talking of comedy, any fans of Punt and Dennis? I try to remember to catch their Now Show on Radio 4, and huge fan of ISIHAC. Seen and met a few doing photography. Bill Bailey and Dave Gorman were both good, and nice to meet.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Reginald D Hunter gives me the ick. Saw him at Glee Club where he did a joke about raping his own daughter and even started undoing his pants as the audience booed him.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I wondered whether it was to do with the bodies being blurred, but to be honest those images are all over the internet unblurred anyway.

Talking of comedy, any fans of Punt and Dennis? I try to remember to catch their Now Show on Radio 4, and huge fan of ISIHAC. Seen and met a few doing photography. Bill Bailey and Dave Gorman were both good, and nice to meet.
I used to love Punt and Dennis back in the day and have seen them live twice. I love ISIHAC too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Reginald D Hunter gives me the ick. Saw him at Glee Club where he did a joke about raping his own daughter and even started undoing his pants as the audience booed him.
Eeuww that reminds me of a horrible routine Phil Jupitus did about imagining his 16 year old daughter 'spreadeagled' on her bed while her boyfriend 'did her'.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I went to a gig on John Bishop’s first tour (hadn’t heard of him back then) and it was brilliant. I’ve not found him even remotely funny since that night!

My favourites are Dylan Moran (usually, his last gig I saw wasn’t his best), Ed Byrne, David O’Docherty, who is so funny live. I nearly hurt myself laughing each time I see him. Tom Stade is less famous but excellent. Kevin Bridges in the early days when he did smaller venues was excellent. He’s still funny but I don’t like comedy in arenas. I’ve seen Frankie Boyle more times over the years than I can count and he’s mostly brilliant. I’m seeing him again in a couple of weeks. Katharine Ryan was good live, really funny. Both Carrs, Jimmy and Alan are fantastic too!

Jo Brand was good but no funnier than she is on telly. Usually live acts up their game a bit from their TV work.

I’m not a Peter Kay fan but can see his appeal. I find Michael McIntyre and Susan Millican about as funny as a hole in a lifeboat.

I’ve been lucky enough to see Billy Connolly live 3 times (first time I was only 11!). First twice he was outrageously funny. Last time was in 2006 and so awful I couldn’t believe it. That gig did make me sad as I’d been so looking forward to it. On the same tour that year I heard he was booed off stage…and can completely believe it.
I had the same reaction to David O’Docherty, he’s hilarious. I love his song “FAQ for the DOD, Frequently Asked Questions for David O’Docherty”

🎶
“Do you have a side-kick? No, I'm the only one in it
Do you stand up at all? Yes, in a minute”

• Haha
I was so-so on James Acaster but just last week actually I watched one of his stand ups about how he was having a breakdown round about the time of master chef and he was doing it on zero sleep and anxiety. He also spoke about how his gf left him for Rowan Atkinson and was very open about his mental health struggles and I kind of saw him in a new light. It was called Cold Lasagne Hate Myself.

Reactions: 3
Punt and Dennis live were great. I’ve seen Bill Bailey and remember nothing.
I also saw Jeremy Hardy nearly 30 years ago, what a pity it was only once.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.