Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Spencer Morgan is on Sunday Brunch promoting the documentary about his brother….I thought it was mysteriously pulled/ not released a couple of weeks ago? I wonder if it was down to editing.
Matthews?

Reactions: 1
So Spencer Morgan is on Sunday Brunch promoting the documentary about his brother….I thought it was mysteriously pulled/ not released a couple of weeks ago? I wonder if it was down to editing.
I read somewhere, might even have been this thread, that it was something to do with the faces of the dead people not being blurred out.

Reactions: 3
it eventually went up a few days after the original planned date i think.

it got mentioned a few pages back that other bodies were visible in the original edit (there are numerous frozen corpses on everest) that needed to be blurred out.

Reactions: 7
it eventually went up a few days after the original planned date i think.

it got mentioned a few pages back that other bodies were visible in the original edit (there are numerous frozen corpses on everest) that needed to be blurred out.
oh god, that’s dark. But yeah, makes sense - I bet Spencer has never worked so hard - he’s been on the promo trail for weeks.

Reactions: 2
I don't know why Reginald Hunter has got a single iota of fame tbh. He strikes me as being not remotely funny enough to make it in as big a market as the US, so he gave us a go in the UK, where his jokes, that would've been seen as tired and outdated in the US, for whom a Black American comic is not a novel thing, seem to land here.
I once went to see a young Asian comedian. I think he was famous for a dinosaur voice thing in his act. Anyway it was in a very small, intimate room at a venue. Only he was late - unbeknown to his audience the poor sod was circling the venue trying to find a parking spot and was getting more and more stressed by the one way system. The warm up act was truly dire - sexist, misogynist pig. So by the time the Asian comedian arrived the women in the audience were ready to kick the warm up act in the balls and storm out.
Despite this the Asian comedian soon smoothed and stroked us all down 😄. He was lovely and gave us his life story - from Uganda if I remember rightly - and gave up a lucrative job in gaming to be a comedian.
Just goes to show you can be having a very bad day/life but you don't need to take it out on your audience.
Wish I could remember his name (menopause 🙄) as I would love to see him again

Reactions: 14
I once went to see a young Asian comedian. I think he was famous for a dinosaur voice thing in his act. Anyway it was in a very small, intimate room at a venue. Only he was late - unbeknown to his audience the poor sod was circling the venue trying to find a parking spot and was getting more and more stressed by the one way system. The warm up act was truly dire - sexist, misogynist pig. So by the time the Asian comedian arrived the women in the audience were ready to kick the warm up act in the balls and storm out.
Despite this the Asian comedian soon smoothed and stroked us all down 😄. He was lovely and gave us his life story - from Uganda if I remember rightly - and gave up a lucrative job in gaming to be a comedian.
Just goes to show you can be having a very bad day/life but you don't need to take it out on your audience.
Wish I could remember his name (menopause 🙄) as I would love to see him again

Surely African rather than Asian?

Reactions: 2
Surely African rather than Asian?
Well, no not necessarily. There was a big community of Ugandan Asian people who were driven out of the country by Amin and given refuge in the UK. Different ethnic groups establish in countries far from their origin which we might find extraordinary, there's a big Japanese Brazilian community for example.

Reactions: 11
So Spencer Matthews is on Sunday Brunch promoting the documentary about his brother….I thought it was mysteriously pulled/ not released a couple of weeks ago? I wonder if it was down to editing.
Disney plus UK are really plugging it on social media, its overkill.

I don't know how they choose what to promote and what not too. Some stuff that's added never gets mentioned and then others are promoted to death

I really hate the trend for celebs to do a documentary on their victim hood to raise their profile and self promotion.

Reactions: 8
Think I’ve said before but I’m incredibly fussy about comedy.
I’ve been to a few shows that I thought I would like but ended up not being keen on, a friend of mine is a stand up comedian, who is now successful in his own right after starting out supporting someone else; and he’s done a few of these ‘mixed’ comedy nights, some of which have been truly dire. One of the worst I saw was at the Glee Club in Glasgow. He was third on the bill and it was the night England got knocked off the World Cup.

The acts before him were god awful and only interested in slagging off the English; they literally announced that England were out just before my mate came on. Of course my mate is English. I felt so sorry for him. After he came off stage he went out into the audience and was plugging his tour; I went and said a quick hello and gave him an extra long hug as if to say ‘they may not appreciate you but I do’ and then the friend who I was there with and I walked out. We were quite prepared to stay but it was so awful we just left.

He also played a set in a comedy club in London- by contrast he was on the bill with a lady called Ninia Benjamin and she was so funny my ribs hurt and I was out of breath from laughing at the end. But by contrast the ‘headline’ act was absolutely awful. He made a lot of the fact he was gay and there was a young student next to me (can’t have been more than about 19 and this guy was well into his 50’s I’m guessing) and he was being so offensive and explicit towards this young guy- I just cringed. It was just not funny. The majority of the audience agreed- there was a lot of silence and disapproving noises.

Someone mentioned Punt and Dennis- I loved them! One of my favourite ever sketches on anything was Milky Milky. ‘A pint of semi skimmed, left on a radiator, for four days. Lovely. Milky Milky’ Hugh Dennis came into a charity shop I worked in as a teenager- I was so gutted as I would have normally been working but I had an exam so I was in college instead. He was lovely though apparently, very down to earth and happy to chat with my colleague who recognised him from TV.

I think the best comedy show I ever went to though was Paul Sinha- the Sinnerman off the Chase. It was a small venue, sold out, and literally I felt like it was blink and you’ll miss it. He did over an hour but he was so funny the show just flew by and I really really enjoyed it. I’ve not managed to get to see him again- this was a few years ago- but I would very much love to.

Reactions: 9
I read somewhere, might even have been this thread, that it was something to do with the faces of the dead people not being blurred out.
Yeah we were talking about it on here last night. The thing is there are photos of the Everest bodies all over the internet. I’ve even seen clips on TikTok.. They aren’t particularly gruesome, most of them are well preserved due to the cold and lack of oxygen. Climbers use them as markers on the way up. It’s macabre but fascinating.

Reactions: 8
Was at the final of Sweden’s Eurovision selection show last night and was a few metres away from Rylan.

He did make a bit of a show of queuing to leave at the end (think he wanted to be recognised) but was lovely to a fan who asked for a photo. His voice is deeper in real life and the accent isn’t so strong.
When Rylan was first on X Factor wailing because he’d got through to the final shows I thought he was a bit of a dick. I’m a huge Gary Barlow fan, but I loved Rylan answering him back when he was critigueing him, he also stood up to Heidi and Spencer on CBB. He seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Yeah we were talking about it on here last night. The thing is there are photos of the Everest bodies all over the internet. I’ve even seen clips on TikTok.. They aren’t particularly gruesome, most of them are well preserved due to the cold and lack of oxygen. Climbers use them as markers on the way up. It’s macabre but fascinating.
i read a beautiful article a little while back about “green boots” - which is one of the corpses used as a “landmark” (for want of a better word) by climbers. and hannelore schmatz who was “sitting” there for years.

like you say, you can find images of them all over the internet so i wonder what it was about spencer’s show that crossed the line. haven’t watched it so no clue in what context it might be shown but it is strange.

I wondered whether it was to do with the bodies being blurred, but to be honest those images are all over the internet unblurred anyway.
I’m glad Disney hasn’t broadcast them, though.

I still find the actual show problematic - ie the search only happened because of Spencer’s profile.
---
i read a beautiful article a little while back about “green boots” - which is one of the corpses used as a “landmark” (for want of a better word) by climbers. and hannelore schmatz who was “sitting” there for years.

like you say, you can find images of them all over the internet so i wonder what it was about spencer’s show that crossed the line. haven’t watched it so no clue in what context it might be shown but it is strange.
There’s lots of things on the internet, though, that shouldn’t be broadcast on television, so I’m glad Disney blurred them.

I mean no offence by this, but why was the article beautiful? I find it incomprehensible that people’s sons and daughters are just… there. I find it kind of hard to understand why more isn’t done to discourage people from climbing Everest, to be quite honest.

The photos aren’t just on the internet, they’ve even published in newspapers and magazine articles. When you attempt Everest you know there’s a good chance you won’t come back alive, you couldn’t pay me enough to do it personally.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.