Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel as if I’m the only person who doesn’t like James Acaster! Just find him a bit moany and negative but I’m in the minority 😂😂 my fave TM contestants were Bob Mortimer who I adore, Joe Wilkinson and Mike Wozniak x
I'm not a fan either tbh though he was very funny when he did Celeb Bake off.

The worst comedian I ever saw was Stewart Francis. I'd always found his one liners on TV very funny and clever but that type of humour just didn't translate on stage and it was very weak. It really felt like he was padding things out and resorted to naming all the American Presidents at one point which was a bit bizarre. It didn't help that he came across like he didn't want to be there and couldn't arsed.

Milton Jones I saw at a charity thing and he was only on for about 15 minutes and that was enough for his one liners.

Rob Beckett I enjoyed.

Reactions: 5
I’m not a James Acaster fan either, his voice annoys me 🤣 seeing Frankie Boyle in May and I absolutely cannot wait, I think he’s hilarious! My husband listens to ‘have a word’ podcast a lot, Dan nightingale is very funny, but the other guy does my head in!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Years ago I saw Mark Lamarr compere something in Clapham with loads of comics, Jo Brand, Arthur Smith (and others who I've forgotten). And ML was surprisingly hilarious. Completely deadpan and very funny.
Whatever happened to him after Shooting Stars? Was there some scandal?
He was arrested for the assault and false imprisonment of an ex partner, but the case was dropped and he received an apology from CPS.

• Wow
The UK's Eurovision entrant this year is Mae Muller. Turns out she's another nepo baby, her mum is legendary video director Sophie Muller, and she was in a couple of Mika videos when she was a kid.

In recent interviews, she (Mae) only says that her aunt is a music video director, and doesn't name her...

I'm pretty sure it is her aunt rather than her mum. But yes, definitely had a leg up with connections there. Also dont believe the street cred backstory of the plucky cockney girl coming up via open mic nights an gigging in pubs round kentish town. Her dad spent thousands and thousands honing her act over the years, he carefully manages every aspect of her image. Absolutely not the raw talent done good story you're supposed to buy. Shes from serious dough.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Is it definitely RB then? I wasn't sure how that had all panned out tbh.
No, I think it was a comedian more her husband’s peer. RB is younger than Amanda. I don’t know who it is, just pointing out that RB was quoted upthread, and it couldn’t have been him.

Reactions: 2
I feel as if I’m the only person who doesn’t like James Acaster! Just find him a bit moany and negative but I’m in the minority 😂😂 my fave TM contestants were Bob Mortimer who I adore, Joe Wilkinson and Mike Wozniak x
Not alone, I find him creepy

Reactions: 3
What ever happened to Rob Newman? I liked his stuff way back when. Doesn't seem to do much these days.
Went very political. Wrote a couple of books and has a coupleof kids. I saw him recording a radio show about 4/5 years ago. He's still gorgeous and very clever but goes on political rants which can get a bit tedious. I mean it's good he is passionate about things but we've come for a laugh not to be lectured about driving a car.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I like Steve Hughes and I’ve met him a few times. When he’s good he’s brilliant but I’ve heard of him having bad gigs. He had 7 years off following a nervous breakdown.
I’ve just realised I’ve seen this guy in the last couple of years in a mixed lineup. He was really good, I liked him. Very rambling though

Reactions: 1
James Acaster is about as funny as blood in your piss.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Absolutely not true. Maximum fine of £1000 and they have to catch you which considering they aren't allowed in without your permission is unlikely
I don't pay the licence fee. Simply declared on an online form that I don't watch live broadcast TV or BBC iPlayer. Anything nationally important such as Queen Elizabeth's funeral I watch on YouTube.

Reactions: 4
I don't pay the licence fee. Simply declared on an online form that I don't watch live broadcast TV or BBC iPlayer. Anything nationally important such as Queen Elizabeth's funeral I watch on YouTube.
If you watched that live on youtube, you need a licence

Reactions: 1
I saw Frankie Boyle at the Edinburgh Festival at the height of his fame, he literally couldn’t be arsed.
I used to see loads of comedy, now everything has to be booked months, even a year ahead I can’t be bothered with all the planning.
The best gig I saw was Ross Noble very early in his career. I loved Jo Brand more than I thought I would.

I just rummaged through Mark Lamarr's Twitter account and discovered he has been suffering from M.E. for quite a while.
Ah that is sad.

Rob Newman still does things on Radio 4. His stuff these days is more thoughtful than funny. Seems to happen a fair bit to older comedians.

A friend of mine said her cousin once saw the Chuckle Brothers at Butlins. Pure filth. A lot of people had taken children as they assumed it would be child friendly 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.