Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd not heard about Amanda Holden's before. I'd gone onto Wikipedia to see what she was actually famous for (having turned my nose up at her I was surprised by how much I liked her on Italian Job) and apparently she was sexually assaulted by a "famous comedian" in early 00s at a public event.

Oh gosh, I didn't know that. I suppose it could be him then. Although it would have been very early on in his career.

Edited to add. I googled it and he won best newcomer in 2008 so would have been before his time. I wonder who it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can't imagine JA and Rose together but they're breakup really broke his heart.
Talking of RM, everyone in the whole world needs to watch Starstruck. Itā€™s real feel good comedy and whilst I was reticent to begin with (I donā€™t like RMā€™s standup) it was really gorgeous and lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I went to a gig on John Bishopā€™s first tour (hadnā€™t heard of him back then) and it was brilliant. Iā€™ve not found him even remotely funny since that night!

My favourites are Dylan Moran (usually, his last gig I saw wasnā€™t his best), Ed Byrne, David Oā€™Docherty, who is so funny live. I nearly hurt myself laughing each time I see him. Tom Stade is less famous but excellent. Kevin Bridges in the early days when he did smaller venues was excellent. Heā€™s still funny but I donā€™t like comedy in arenas. Iā€™ve seen Frankie Boyle more times over the years than I can count and heā€™s mostly brilliant. Iā€™m seeing him again in a couple of weeks. Katharine Ryan was good live, really funny. Both Carrs, Jimmy and Alan are fantastic too!

Jo Brand was good but no funnier than she is on telly. Usually live acts up their game a bit from their TV work.

Iā€™m not a Peter Kay fan but can see his appeal. I find Michael McIntyre and Susan Millican about as funny as a hole in a lifeboat.

Iā€™ve been lucky enough to see Billy Connolly live 3 times (first time I was only 11!). First twice he was outrageously funny. Last time was in 2006 and so awful I couldnā€™t believe it. That gig did make me sad as Iā€™d been so looking forward to it. On the same tour that year I heard he was booed off stageā€¦and can completely believe it.
My favourite memory is of my mum, who was a District Nurse for 40 years and very rarely laughed as a result of her job.

I vividly remember as a kid (I'm 38 now) my mum absolutely howling at the incontinence pants bit, and I mean almost needing those pants herself.

Billy Connolly will forever be my hero for making my mum laugh like that xx

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My favourite memory is of my mum, who was a District Nurse for 40 years and very rarely laughed as a result of her job.

I vividly remember as a kid (I'm 38 now) my mum absolutely howling at the incontinence pants bit, and I mean almost needing those pants herself.

Billy Connolly will forever be my hero for making my mum laugh like that xx
I had all Billyā€™s old vinyl comedy albums as a kid and loved them. I lent them to someone and never got them back.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had all Billyā€™s old vinyl comedy albums as a kid and loved them. I lent them to someone and never got them back.
Can I dare to ask your age? I'm 38 and I'm in awe of Billy, Victoria Wood etc. I have my fave 'new' comedians (you'll find them on Taskmaster - adore) xx

Reactions: 2
Talking of RM, everyone in the whole world needs to watch Starstruck. Itā€™s real feel good comedy and whilst I was reticent to begin with (I donā€™t like RMā€™s standup) it was really gorgeous and lovely.
I blooming love Starstruck, it's so good
---
1984 my birth, I love the fact I'm repping old comedy
---

My favourite programme ever! Who is your fave contestant? Mine is James Acaster obv cx
Bob Mortimer is mine, but I have a soft spot for him!

Reactions: 5
My favourite programme ever! Who is your fave contestant? Mine is James Acaster obv cx
Love Taskmaster! I think Al Murray and Rhod Gilbert have been my favourites. Alā€™s ā€œpropel a peaā€ task was ingenious and I loved Rhod taking the pi$$ out of Greg every week too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love Taskmaster! I think Al Murray and Rhod Gilbert have been my favourites. Alā€™s ā€œpropel a peaā€ task was ingenious and I loved Rhod taking the pi$$ out of Greg every week too.
Fantastic.
My favourite is just Paul Chowdhry
---
Fantastic.
I'm obviously drunk. Best Taskmaster: James Acaster, Paul Chowdhry, Nish Kumar, Roisin Conaty, Jo Brand.

Kathy Burke please xx
---
Fantastic.
I'm obviously drunk. Best Taskmaster: James Acaster, Paul Chowdhry, Nish Kumar, Roisin Conaty, Jo Brand.

Kathy Burke please xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thatā€™s a hard question! I loved Mike Wozniak - I think it was the relationship between him and Greg. Special mention to Richard Osman and Joe Wilkinson.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thatā€™s a hard question! I loved Mike Wozniak - I think it was the relationship between him and Greg. Special mention to Richard Osman and Joe Wilkinson.
Oohhh yes Mike, I developed such a crush on him! I love Richard Osman too!

• Heart
Who would you say was your favourite gig? I adore stand up so I'm very interested!

For me, Peter Kay was the best and I don't think I'll ever see a better live performance. Also, Frankie Boyle, Sarah Millican and Alan Carr.

My most disappointing: John Bishop.
---
I agree about John Bishop. Got a half price ticket, but found him really dull, dealt with the heckler well though.

Sarah Millican is good. Michael McIntyre I really enjoyed. Alan Carr was fine. Ed Gamble I really enjoyed, nice arms. Rob Beckett was good. Joel Dommett, saw quite recently and he was still using material that was many many years old, disappointing. His hands distracted me and he looked really short bizarrely. Al Murray, same old shtick he's always done, was fine, but definitely would never go again. Dara O'Briain was brilliant.

Rhys James just recently seen him, was very good, in spite of a tricky crowd throwing curve balls, the blind man and the man with a great name. But was great. And he's cuter in real life than I thought he would be. šŸ˜†

Anyone think that Joshua Jackson and Jodie Smith have split? Ive thought it for a few months just how he posts sooo much of her and she barely posts him when she used to post a lot of smug married stuff. She also edited her bio recently and they apparently unfollowed each other in September but back following again. She hasn't posted any support of his new show. Maybe im reaching!
I find her unsufferably smug. However I guess I would be smug if I landed Pacey Witter šŸ¤£ I donā€™t know if theyā€™ve split.

Reactions: 10
One of those is how I found Tattle in the first place! An acquaintance of mine had threads about her on here (think she was on 2 or 3 at that point) and posted on her personal Facebook to say how terrible it was that this place existed and please sign the petition to get it shut down. I toddled over for a look and found that nothing that had been said about her was actually wrong, so stayed.
Liz Jones? I only ask because it was thanks to her telling people the same thing that I actually found Tattle. So thank you Liz!

Reactions: 8
Seen a good few comedians over the years. Best were Denis Leary, Bianca del Rio and Eddie Izzard.

Going to see Frankie Boyle on the 21st and canā€™t wait.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.