Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of this doesn't play well for the BBC in terms of retaining the licence fee. They've really shot themselves in the foot. They have a DG who is a Tory donor and seems to have helped Boris get a loan so have completely undermined their stance on being neutral. The Lineker stuff is just exposing them to more scrutiny.

I don't know if it's true but I've read that a lot of women who are in prison are there for non payment of the licence fee too which seems barbaric.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
He’s hugely popular with the public.

Years ago, back in the days before social media when the big stories broke in the Sunday tabloids, I read something saying that the papers all knew things about a public figure who was clearly Lineker (this would have been in his peak playing days) but none of them would print anything because the backlash for ruining people’s image of a national hero would be harmful to sales.

I’m not sure we’re that far on from that even now. Very much still shoot the messenger stuff.

Reactions: 11
I have always heard Gary L’s name connected with that story. All I know about Ross was his wife left him for a bit with a musician. JR was spotted crying in public when it happened.
When Gary L was with his first wife he was known as the Surrey Shagger.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I have some tea about James Acaster. Or more specifically, his former therapist. If you’ve seen his show Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 you’ll know he has a pretty insane bit about how he started talking to a counselor in 2017 after his breakup with Rose Matafeo caused him to have a mental breakdown. The therapy sessions started off well but over time the therapist became more and more unprofessional with him, culminating in him trying to quit therapy with her and her responding that her son is a big fan of his and they should all go see a show and have ice cream together as a goodbye. Just really weird and inappropriate behaviour that ended up messing him up pretty badly during a difficult time in his life where it was the last thing he needed.

So the tea I have on this situation is that this therapist was named Cordelia Bradby, she used to work in Notting Hill and helped counsel a lot of survivors of the Grenfell tragedy, and she is now dead. She died Feb 2020 and her obituary says she died “(suddenly) at home” which is almost always code for overdose/suicide. It happened a couple of months after he filmed the routine about her.

I only mention it because a clip of the routine was doing the rounds recently and I saw a lot of comments about how she should be reported, not be allowed to practice etc, to which I would always think “well, do you want the good news or the bad news?”
i know probably not your intention but the tone of this post is a little 😬 i’m guessing that the cause of her death isn’t known and linking it like “it was a couple of months after he filmed the routine” isn’t entirely far to james a - he only gave an honest (or guessing so) account of his experience with her.

Reactions: 16
All of this doesn't play well for the BBC in terms of retaining the licence fee. They've really shot themselves in the foot. They have a DG who is a Tory donor and seems to have helped Boris get a loan so have completely undermined their stance on being neutral. The Lineker stuff is just exposing them to more scrutiny.

I don't know if it's true but I've read that a lot of women who are in prison are there for non payment of the licence fee too which seems barbaric.
Personally I see it as the BBC being held over a barrel by all the Tory cronies at the top of the BBC The government have put in place, alongside the DCMS basically threatening the very existence of the BBC all the time. And the BBC are just trying to fight for their survival by keeping the government on side. Even though the government really just want to destroy the BBC, but at the same time use it as a political mouthpiece for their agenda.

The govt would love nothing more than to sell the BBC off for £3.50 and guarantees of a load of cushy jobs for Ministers when they leave office.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Absolutely not true. Maximum fine of £1000 and they have to catch you which considering they aren't allowed in without your permission is unlikely

Reactions: 9
We should all be grateful to Philip Schofield just because so many of us found tattle because of him!!

All the Madeleine McCann threads got closed down too on DS. Such a weird site.
I came to Tattle, I think, due to the Girls Aloud thread on a lesbian gossip site called L Chat 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When I moved into my flat I got a letter every week to renew the TV licence..At the time I never had a TV, or furniture, just a bed as I was decorating which took weeks but still had a letter .....demanding I got one.....

Reactions: 12
When I moved into my flat I got a letter every week to renew the TV licence..At the time I never had a TV, or furniture, just a bed as I was decorating which took weeks but still had a letter .....demanding I got one.....
We got one through at work the other day, there isn't even a TV at our workplace

• Haha
  • Wow
Mr Giraffe bought our new TV and got letters demanding he bought a licence. The systems aren’t intelligent enough to realise we had a licence in my name. They rely on people just buying it rather than evidence.

Reactions: 10
Most women are in prison for non-violent crimes. Probably at some point someone gave an example of not having a TV licence, and that’s become confused in the telling.

Most women are in prison for non-violent crimes. Probably at some point someone gave an example of not having a TV licence, and that’s become confused in the telling.
IIRC it's that most people in prison for not paying a TV license (which is not many, and strictly speaking its usually for not paying fines) are women, and it's been spun around in the telling.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know the tea on Brody Dalle and Josh Homme's split / fall out after?
Also why does Mark Owen like like a bleeping 70 year old woman.
Daily Fail (sorry!)
I am a huge ⫩ fan. I’m always disappointed to see pictures of Mark Owen looking like a hobo. You can tell he’s still attractive but can’t see past his awful moustache, hair and clothes.

Reactions: 4
I am a huge ⫩ fan. I’m always disappointed to see pictures of Mark Owen looking like a hobo. You can tell he’s still attractive but can’t see past his awful moustache, hair and clothes.
I had a shock when I first saw him a few months ago and thought he was some ageing rocker from the 70's.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Seeing as the other pundits and commentators have all said we’re not working Saturday either in solidarity with Gary, he seems to have a lot of support from his colleagues as @Baby Giraffe said above

If anything I think the BBC have underestimated his popularity and may end up backing down
Well he hasn’t been sacked so will be back on screens at some point, no doubt plenty will be claiming some sort of 'victory'

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.