Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw David Cassidy last night on an old TOTP singing 'Last Kiss' ... his lip synching was super creepy. I think he was trying to be seductive. :ROFLMAO:
I saw that too, from 1984 … he already was looking ropey, and the hideous highlights didn’t help!

Reactions: 4
I know I’m reacting exactly as intended, but I do enjoy GC’s reality show crapness.
I enjoy hating her. It's sad but true. Her voice makes something inside me curl up and die. I will however watch her Bake Off as I adore the programme and I hope Prue or Paul tell her to duck off back to selling cars

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve mentioned this before too. My husband got tickets for us to see James Acaster a good few years ago. When it started JA said welcome to my book reading. I was not happy with the husband as I thought it would be stand up. A book reading is not something I’d ever think of buying tickets to go to. Anyway, how wrong I was, it was one of the funnier gigs I’ve been to.

Next time he came to town we got tickets. This time it was stand up. JA did his own warm up. A few minutes in a drunk guy at the back, stood up, said “this is pish” and walked out. It must happen to comedians up and down the country every night. It didn’t seem like a big deal as the rest of the sold out audience seemed to be enjoying the beginning of the show.

James could not recover from it. The rest of the warm up he kept mentioning the drunk guy. He said this isn’t my warm up. When he came back on he couldn’t do his main routine as he kept going back to the drunk guy. The audience were still positive though and laughing at the jokes he did tell, but the whole act was off. Finally he said “I hate Aberdeen, I’m never coming back!” and just walked off stage about 45 mins before time.

I go to loads and loads of comedy and it was one of the weirdest nights.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
James Acaster looks so like Woody from Toy Story - I can’t unsee it now! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve mentioned this before too. My husband got tickets for us to see James Acaster a good few years ago. When it started JA said welcome to my book reading. I was not happy with the husband as I thought it would be stand up. A book reading is not something I’d ever think of buying tickets to go to. Anyway, how wrong I was, it was one of the funnier gigs I’ve been to.

Next time he came to town we got tickets. This time it was stand up. JA did his own warm up. A few minutes in a drunk guy at the back, stood up, said “this is pish” and walked out. It must happen to comedians up and down the country every night. It didn’t seem like a big deal as the rest of the sold out audience seemed to be enjoying the beginning of the show.

James could not recover from it. The rest of the warm up he kept mentioning the drunk guy. He said this isn’t my warm up. When he came back on he couldn’t do his main routine as he kept going back to the drunk guy. The audience were still positive though and laughing at the jokes he did tell, but the whole act was off. Finally he said “I hate Aberdeen, I’m never coming back!” and just walked off stage about 45 mins before time.

I go to loads and loads of comedy and it was one of the weirdest nights.
This makes me sad. For you, not James. He's a fabulous stand up and should not be shook like that. Was it the Cold Lasagne tour? No excuse as you were a paid fan, but I know his head was fucked up then and he quit stand up soon after. He's back now, but very limited.

Plus, who can recover when your missus leaves you for Mr. Bean
---
James Acaster looks so like Woody from Toy Story - I can’t unsee it now! 🤣
Omg, he does!!

• Heart
Oh I wasn’t sad. As I said I go to loads of comedy and get entertained by the bad ones too! Even if I was to say I wouldn’t go see him again (I would) I doubt he’ll be back in town.

You’d think a professional comedian would not bat an eyelid at a sole audience member walking out.

Oh I wasn’t sad. As I said I go to loads of comedy and get entertained by the bad ones too! Even if I was to say I wouldn’t go see him again (I would) I doubt he’ll be back in town.

You’d think a professional comedian would not bat an eyelid at a sole audience member walking out.
Who would you say was your favourite gig? I adore stand up so I'm very interested!

For me, Peter Kay was the best and I don't think I'll ever see a better live performance. Also, Frankie Boyle, Sarah Millican and Alan Carr.

My most disappointing: John Bishop.
---
Who would you say was your favourite gig? I adore stand up so I'm very interested!

For me, Peter Kay was the best and I don't think I'll ever see a better live performance. Also, Frankie Boyle, Sarah Millican and Alan Carr.

My most disappointing: John Bishop.
Sorry to quote myself, but I need to add Paul Chawdhry and Jo Brand

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I went to a gig on John Bishop’s first tour (hadn’t heard of him back then) and it was brilliant. I’ve not found him even remotely funny since that night!

My favourites are Dylan Moran (usually, his last gig I saw wasn’t his best), Ed Byrne, David O’Docherty, who is so funny live. I nearly hurt myself laughing each time I see him. Tom Stade is less famous but excellent. Kevin Bridges in the early days when he did smaller venues was excellent. He’s still funny but I don’t like comedy in arenas. I’ve seen Frankie Boyle more times over the years than I can count and he’s mostly brilliant. I’m seeing him again in a couple of weeks. Katharine Ryan was good live, really funny. Both Carrs, Jimmy and Alan are fantastic too!

Jo Brand was good but no funnier than she is on telly. Usually live acts up their game a bit from their TV work.

I’m not a Peter Kay fan but can see his appeal. I find Michael McIntyre and Susan Millican about as funny as a hole in a lifeboat.

I’ve been lucky enough to see Billy Connolly live 3 times (first time I was only 11!). First twice he was outrageously funny. Last time was in 2006 and so awful I couldn’t believe it. That gig did make me sad as I’d been so looking forward to it. On the same tour that year I heard he was booed off stage…and can completely believe it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
One of the best I went was by some random Irish fella in a London pub in the mid 90s. Said to my pal 'that guy should be on telly'. Couple of years later, he pops up on Channel 4. Graham Norton.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I enjoy hating her. It's sad but true. Her voice makes something inside me curl up and die. I will however watch her Bake Off as I adore the programme and I hope Prue or Paul tell her to duck off back to selling cars
I always enjoy her ability to do nothing on those shows MasterChef she had everyone else cooking, snowman everyone else chiseled & sawed. It's a skill

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.