Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s probably the reason her split up with his wife 🙄
I'm convinced his wife is the one who ended things. This to me is a retaliatory 'haha look at me I'm absolutely fine and don't miss you one teeny little bit (sob)' bit of theatre for his wife's consumption.

Reactions: 8
No, I don't think so but I'm saying that based on their ages and because I haven't read anything about Amanda Holden being assaulted. There might be someone on here who knows though.

Has RB ever done a programme with AH?
I'd not heard about Amanda Holden's before. I'd gone onto Wikipedia to see what she was actually famous for (having turned my nose up at her I was surprised by how much I liked her on Italian Job) and apparently she was sexually assaulted by a "famous comedian" in early 00s at a public event.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
'Heavy handed overreaction' ? 🤣 he’s a sports presenter not a politician. We don’t want to hear his views.
I totally disagree with you here, to be honest. I think this feeds into the Tory rhetoric, and comments made by Lee Anderson earlier this week that Lineker should stick to football.
What message does that give out? Only politicians should talk about politics?
people interested in football shouldn’t speak up about political matters?
what about cleaners, taxi drivers, care workers, should they not air their views in public either?
Politics impacts every one of us every single day and we should not promote the view that only those in power should have a say.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Yeah a very quick turnaround. Noel and Sara announced their split in Jan and he’s been spotted on dates now two months later!
Men rarely end things until they’ve someone to move on with. I think Danish woman looks like an older version of his daughter 😳

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'd not heard about Amanda Holden's before. I'd gone onto Wikipedia to see what she was actually famous for (having turned my nose up at her I was surprised by how much I liked her on Italian Job) and apparently she was sexually assaulted by a "famous comedian" in early 00s at a public event.

I am guessing it was an older comedian rather than a younger one. It happened when she was trying again with her husband which was 2000 - the likes of RB would not have been around then, by which I mean, going to the same events as Les D and Amanda.

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t there an attempted suicide or suicide of someone who had an affair with a tv presenter who took out of super injunction to stop his identity being revealed. At that point Linekar was in the frame. He was married to his first wife and shortly afterwards, his wife divorced him.
My super weak second hand tea is that I worked in a bar many, many years ago and we used to get off duty policemen in. The incident you refer to was a hot topic with them and I was shocked at the time but the way they discussed it, I’m sure it was true.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
My super weak second hand tea is that I worked in a bar many, many years ago and we used to get off duty policemen in. The incident you refer to was a hot topic with them and I was shocked at the time but the way they discussed it, I’m sure it was true.
He was an absolute shagger back in the day, was being treated for sex addiction.

(My source for this is absolutely trustworthy).

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Gary’s latest showdown might be the unmasking of him. His grubby reputation is seemingly well known in the industry. He has some powerful enemies now. They might take this opportunity to irreparably damage his career/life.

Reactions: 20
Accelerated ageing process, probably due to alcohol. David Cassidy was the same. Pretty baby faced young man turned into grotesque old man when barely middle aged 😭
I saw David Cassidy last night on an old TOTP singing 'Last Kiss' ... his lip synching was super creepy. I think he was trying to be seductive. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was waiting for the day it would all come tumbling out but ugh, not like this. It is like state censorship- “don’t speak out about the government or we will ruin you”.

Reactions: 26
The Josh Homme thing surprised me given his quick stance on sacking Nick Oliveri for domestic violence. But who knows.
i loved Brody, she always seemed a a troubled soul though.
The day the Watkins news broke I was at a stupidly early fracture clinic appointment wearing a bloody lostProphets hoodie. I sat in the waiting room listening to it on the radio with growing shock. Turned my hoodie inside out and binned it as soon as I got home.

Reactions: 16
Namely James Acaster. Any goss? Obviously apart from the fact he was dumped for Mr. Bean. He's my favourite 'celeb' ever - second only to James Milner who I KNOW will have no tit about him
I have some tea about James Acaster. Or more specifically, his former therapist. If you’ve seen his show Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 you’ll know he has a pretty insane bit about how he started talking to a counselor in 2017 after his breakup with Rose Matafeo caused him to have a mental breakdown. The therapy sessions started off well but over time the therapist became more and more unprofessional with him, culminating in him trying to quit therapy with her and her responding that her son is a big fan of his and they should all go see a show and have ice cream together as a goodbye. Just really weird and inappropriate behaviour that ended up messing him up pretty badly during a difficult time in his life where it was the last thing he needed.

So the tea I have on this situation is that this therapist was named Cordelia Bradby, she used to work in Notting Hill and helped counsel a lot of survivors of the Grenfell tragedy, and she is now dead. She died Feb 2020 and her obituary says she died “(suddenly) at home” which is almost always code for overdose/suicide. It happened a couple of months after he filmed the routine about her.

I only mention it because a clip of the routine was doing the rounds recently and I saw a lot of comments about how she should be reported, not be allowed to practice etc, to which I would always think “well, do you want the good news or the bad news?”

• Wow
Reactions: 45
I was waiting for the day it would all come tumbling out but ugh, not like this. It is like state censorship- “don’t speak out about the government or we will ruin you”.
The way the other football pundits have come out in support seems to show he’s more popular in the industry than you’d have thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Gary’s latest showdown might be the unmasking of him. His grubby reputation is seemingly well known in the industry. He has some powerful enemies now. They might take this opportunity to irreparably damage his career/life.
Seeing as the other pundits and commentators have all said we’re not working Saturday either in solidarity with Gary, he seems to have a lot of support from his colleagues as @Baby Giraffe said above

If anything I think the BBC have underestimated his popularity and may end up backing down

Reactions: 28
Completely agree. I have no particular view on Linekar as a person, and wouldn't watch MOTD if you paid me, but I can't see how the impartiality rules apply to him in the same way as a sports broadcaster, particularly given the issue re the chairman and how many other BBC people give varying opinions.

The BBC is not (and hasn't for a long time been) the impartial and respected news-gathering organisation it once was, and it seems to me they've wildly misread the room on this.
Yes, and we are still paying them under threat of penalty via the TV licence. You couldn’t make it up!

I have some tea about James Acaster. Or more specifically, his former therapist. If you’ve seen his show Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 you’ll know he has a pretty insane bit about how he started talking to a counselor in 2017 after his breakup with Rose Matafeo caused him to have a mental breakdown. The therapy sessions started off well but over time the therapist became more and more unprofessional with him, culminating in him trying to quit therapy with her and her responding that her son is a big fan of his and they should all go see a show and have ice cream together as a goodbye. Just really weird and inappropriate behaviour that ended up messing him up pretty badly during a difficult time in his life where it was the last thing he needed.

So the tea I have on this situation is that this therapist was named Cordelia Bradby, she used to work in Notting Hill and helped counsel a lot of survivors of the Grenfell tragedy, and she is now dead. She died Feb 2020 and her obituary says she died “(suddenly) at home” which is almost always code for overdose/suicide. It happened a couple of months after he filmed the routine about her.

I only mention it because a clip of the routine was doing the rounds recently and I saw a lot of comments about how she should be reported, not be allowed to practice etc, to which I would always think “well, do you want the good news or the bad news?”
Oh my goodness. I'm a huge James Acaster fan, and that routine (in fact the whole show) was incredible. I feel awful for him, what a sad end to that story.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That routine was a very hard watch, wasn’t it? We went to see him having very little knowledge of him beforehand and were blown away. Funny but very very honest.

Reactions: 4
Seeing as the other pundits and commentators have all said we’re not working Saturday either in solidarity with Gary, he seems to have a lot of support from his colleagues as @Baby Giraffe said above

If anything I think the BBC have underestimated his popularity and may end up backing down
Popular with fellow pundits/sports people but not with the movers and shakers in tv and now the Tory party. Is he popular with the audience - no idea about that. If he has skeletons, if they don’t emerge after this, they never will.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.