Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comparing anything and everything to the Nazis is infantile rhetoric and using the atrocities they committed as nothing more than fuel for smug little Twitter clapbacks is offensive and disrespectful.

HOWEVER, Lineker, despite being a sanctimonious insufferable twit, should be able to express whatever shallow and idiotic viewpoints he has without censorship. He wasn't inciting violence or anything of the like.

A publicly funded organisation like the BBC cannot be seen to pick and choose which viewpoints are and aren't acceptable to express, and especially can't be seen to be attempting to silence criticism of the government.

Although, the view on which party the BBC is "biased" towards seems to change depending the person you're talking to....

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Comparing anything and everything to the Nazis is infantile rhetoric and using the atrocities they committed as nothing more than fuel for smug little Twitter clapbacks is offensive and disrespectful.

HOWEVER, Lineker, despite being a sanctimonious insufferable twit, should be able to express whatever shallow and idiotic viewpoints he has without censorship. He wasn't inciting violence or anything of the like.

A publicly funded organisation like the BBC cannot be seen to pick and choose which viewpoints are and aren't acceptable to express, and especially can't be seen to be attempting to silence criticism of the government.

Although, the view on which party the BBC is "biased" towards seems to change depending the person you're talking to....
100% agree with this post, especially the first two paragraphs.

Reactions: 11
By and large, I feel if you don’t want to be compared to language used in 1930s Germany, the thing to do is not use the language of 1930s Germany.

That’s probably simpler than saying it, getting narked at an England legend (who has the cheek to working class in origin, rich and not a Tory), texting your mate you installed at the BBC, making subtle threats about their funding model until they agree to silence the upstart oik and then causing way more of an issue than there ever was.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 47

The thing is, Lineker didn’t actually compare anyone to the Nazis.
He said that the language being used by the Tories was similar to that used in Germany in the 1930s. Which is just a fact.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
There was a thread called Philip Schofield flashes his saggy arse to the world’ which ran for ages and then as soon as came out they took it down.
My favourite was the Cilla Black thread which basically confirmed how horrid she was.

On Lineker, I'm of the view he is smarmy (he had loads of affairs didn't he?), but the BBC have shot themselves in the foot with this. Reminds me of when Gordon Brown lost an election because he called a bigoted woman a bigot.

Reactions: 15
Does anyone know the tea on Brody Dalle and Josh Homme's split / fall out after?
the tea on that one is deep and long brewing tbh.

i think we know brody has been treated horribly by much older men in the industry from a young age and likewise we know josh has violent tendencies- but some of the stuff alleged (particularly things their children have said) have apparently been refuted? he certainly seems to have access to the children again now. it’s a deeply sad situation all around.

Reactions: 5
Semi old gossip question, but the comedian Katherine Ryan talked about who had sexually assaulted multiple women, is he the same person that assaulted Amanda Holden?

I heard rumors about who it was, but nothing concrete AFAIK?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
the tea on that one is deep and long brewing tbh.

i think we know brody has been treated horribly by much older men in the industry from a young age and likewise we know josh has violent tendencies- but some of the stuff alleged (particularly things their children have said) have apparently been refuted? he certainly seems to have access to the children again now. it’s a deeply sad situation all around.
I only brought it up as I'm still a big Distillers, and QOTSA fan, I loved it when they got together, but when they spilt, and the fallout, I was on Brody's side. but I read some stuff idk if it was true...
Yeah I know some stuff about Brody and the crappy men she had in her life, especially Tim Armstrong. It was the mixed things with the kids/ and Josh (not doubting that he can be a piece of tit), but the kid denying it and all that, I was just being nosy.

Reactions: 4
we should never forget what the Nazi Party did to millions of people in the 30s and 40s.
I think you mean the Germans. Nazi makes them sound like some alien race that invaded and did all these terrible things.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I only brought it up as I'm still a big Distillers, and QOTSA fan, I loved it when they got together, but when they spilt, and the fallout, I was on Brody's side. but I read some stuff idk if it was true...
Yeah I know some stuff about Brody and the crappy men she had in her life, especially Tim Armstrong. It was the mixed things with the kids/ and Josh (not doubting that he can be a piece of tit), but the kid denying it and all that, I was just being nosy.
I knew a girl at school who was obsessed with Brody and tried to look and dress like her.

Same girl also had a tattoo of Lostprophets lyrics. 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I knew a girl at school who was obsessed with Brody and tried to look and dress like her.

Same girl also had a tattoo of Lostprophets lyrics. 😬
Lmao I also tried to look, and be as cool as Brody, I obviously never was.
Oh lord, Lostprophets. I quite liked their music, when the news broke about what that subhuman piece of tit Ian actually was, it made me feel sick. I was never able to listen to their music again.
I hope that girl you were at school with at least managed to get a cover-up or that tattoo removed!

Reactions: 7
Semi old gossip question, but the comedian Katherine Ryan talked about who had sexually assaulted multiple women, is he the same person that assaulted Amanda Holden?

I heard rumors about who it was, but nothing concrete AFAIK?
No, I don't think so but I'm saying that based on their ages and because I haven't read anything about Amanda Holden being assaulted. There might be someone on here who knows though.

Has RB ever done a programme with AH?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.