Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm indifferent to Lineker. I don't agree with a lot of his political stuff but he is entitled to say it. The way the BBC and government are acting I think they're proving Gary's point tbh.

I think it's brilliant all the other pundits are saying they won't do it. Rylan even posted he wouldn't host it . :ROFLMAO:

BBC impartiality definitely needs to apply to news and journalism (Andrew Neil got away with murder) but a sports pundit? Unless he is spouting political stuff during Match of The Day or a big match who cares? How many actors who have worked with the BBC have given their opinions? Lord Sugar has been mentioned, He's always spouting stuff on social media.

Apparently an episode of a Sir David Attenborough programme has been pulled before airing so as not to upset the Government.

The BBC is an absolute tit show. All this going on while the Director General is in cahoots with Boris.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
'Heavy handed overreaction' ? 🤣 he’s a sports presenter not a politician. We don’t want to hear his views.

The BBC have tiptoed around him too long and haven’t even sacked him.

comparing the government to a regime that killed mass millions is utterly wrong. Still it was only the Jews Eh!
He tweeted something on his personal account. He isn't preaching on MOTD. He's entitled to his opinion on social media.

He's done nothing wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
'Heavy handed overreaction' ? 🤣 he’s a sports presenter not a politician. We don’t want to hear his views.

comparing the government to a regime that killed mass millions is utterly wrong. Still it was only the Jews Eh!
And you don't have to hear his views if you don't want to ... he didn't say it in the middle of MOTD he said it on his personal social media account. If it wasn't for the furore I'd have never have known what he posted.

The BBC and Government really need to get acquainted with the Barbra Streisand effect ...

What is the Streisand effect? The Streisand effect is a name for the phenomenon in which attempts to hide, censor, or prevent access to something have the opposite result—the unintended consequence of drawing far more attention to that thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
He tweeted something on his personal account. He isn't preaching on MOTD. He's entitled to his opinion on social media.

He's done nothing wrong.
Vanessa Feltz confirmed it’s in her BBC contract not to tweet such things, as it will be in Linekar's.

I'd say the fact he’s NOT presenting his programme as usual confirms he has indeed done something wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: 16

Yep, massive overreaction to a personal tweet, nothing to do with sports presenting. People are allowed to have opinions and voice them about things other than their own job 🤣

Reactions: 24
And you don't have to hear his views if you don't want to ... he didn't say it in the middle of MOTD he said it on his personal social media account. If it wasn't for the furore I'd have never have known what he posted.

The BBC and Government really need to get acquainted with the Barbra Streisand effect ...

What is the Streisand effect? The Streisand effect is a name for the phenomenon in which attempts to hide, censor, or prevent access to something have the opposite result—the unintended consequence of drawing far more attention to that thing.
same here. I haven’t actually seen the government complain either, it’s just everywhere online. Or do the government control that too?

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Vanessa Feltz confirmed it’s in her BBC contract not to tweet such things, as it will be in Linekar's.

I'd say the fact he’s NOT presenting his programme as usual confirms he has indeed done something wrong.
She was on a news/radio programme ... it's a bit different.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yep, massive overreaction to a personal tweet, nothing to do with sports presenting. People are allowed to have opinions and voice them about things other than their own job 🤣
except it’s in just about everyone’s employment contract NOT to voice extreme views on your social media accounts isn’t it?

and comparing the government of the day to Nazis is extreme.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Criticising the government’s proposed policies or retweeting tweets that point out the similarity in the language being used by the Home Secretary to that of the 30s is not extreme. It’s a democratic right.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Criticising the government’s proposed policies or retweeting tweets that point out the similarity in the language being used by the Home Secretary to that of the 30s is not extreme. It’s a democratic right.
Exactly. Free speech for me but not for you, eh Sue Ellen?

Reactions: 15
I think an important part of the Lineker issue for me is that the BBC seem happy for him to express certain political opinions- just not those that criticise the current government.
There didn’t appear to be an issue with Lineker expressing ( absolutely right ) condemnation of the Qatari regime when he was presenting the World Cup for the BBC.
So free speech is fine - as long as it toes the ( Tory ) party line. Lovely impartial BBC eh? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Re : Gary Lineker - most jobs now have a "dont bring our company into disrepute" style clause/rule. I value the roof over my head and play by the rules.

And for me, the word Nazi is so so overused nowadays - we should never forget what the Nazi Party did to millions of people in the 30s and 40s. Someone who you disagree with politically in 2023, generally, won't be an actual Nazi.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.