Secret Celebrity Gossip #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another ex DS-er here. I used to frequent the Peter Andre threads for a good laugh. That was around the time he had his reality show and was desperately trying to revive his music career.

I also used to be on the Strictly threads back when I watched but there were some obsessive weirdos on there who seemed to be in with the mods because I got a few temporary bans for saying mildly critical things about their favourite couples. Oh and a probably fair one for telling a devotee that she needed to grow up and get a life 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Another ex DS-er here. I used to frequent the Peter Andre threads for a good laugh. That was around the time he had his reality show and was desperately trying to revive his music career.

I also used to be on the Strictly threads back when I watched but there were some obsessive weirdos on there who seemed to be in with the mods because I got a few temporary bans for saying mildly critical things about their favourite couples. Oh and a probably fair one for telling a devotee that she needed to grow up and get a life 😆
Soap forum was weird as well. Felt like you weren't allowed to take the piss out of shite storyline.

Don't particularly like Linekar but the BBC are right wing cunts

Reactions: 19
Your probably right, quite a lot of negative pages come up via Google. I arrived here following the Phil Schofield tit show & never left! I think it's a great site & if a thread doesn't interest me I simply don't visit it! No one brings you here at gunpoint 🤣🤣
The ps shitshow brought me here too 🤣 I haven't looked back
---
Oh I was on DS too, but that feels like a complete lifetime ago

Reactions: 6
It was the Sali Hughes stuff that brought me here, and I lost interest in that thread in seconds when I found this thread and others about all sorts (see Jessie and Bebe Cave as an example)

Plus I’ve also discovered a couple of threads in Off Topic that have allowed me a platform for self pity on a couple of occasions so 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
just read this article about the judge in sharon stone’s child custody case bringing up basic instinct, which seems wild:

i remember reading about her name being laughed at when it was read out at the golden globes though. i only watched basic instinct for the first time (randomly) last year and it is fairly tame compared to what we would maybe see now, but i suppose it was completely risqué at the time.
---
Soap forum was weird as well. Felt like you weren't allowed to take the piss out of shite storyline.

Don't particularly like Linekar but the BBC are right wing cunts
the soap forum on DS terrified me 🤣 i remember certain storylines had hundreds of threads dedicated to them and you weren’t allowed to ever speak out of turn about it.

the only thing i miss about DS is the spooky and creepy story threads, which were always great.

Reactions: 12
just read this article about the judge in sharon stone’s child custody case bringing up basic instinct, which seems wild:

i remember reading about her name being laughed at when it was read out at the golden globes though. i only watched basic instinct for the first time (randomly) last year and it is fairly tame compared to what we would maybe see now, but i suppose it was completely risqué at the time.
---

the soap forum on DS terrified me 🤣 i remember certain storylines had hundreds of threads dedicated to them and you weren’t allowed to ever speak out of turn about it.

the only thing i miss about DS is the spooky and creepy story threads, which were always great.
I loved the spooky threads

Reactions: 5
I can’t stand Linekar but I’m with him here. What he said is irrelevant it’s the heavy handed overreaction which confirms to me my long held view that the Beeb are right wing scum. When people are losing jobs for a comment against the government the UK is turning into 1984.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I remember the Waiting For Chryed To Get It On posts, that went into at least 200 threads. They were crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can’t stand Linekar but I’m with him here. What he said is irrelevant it’s the heavy handed overreaction which confirms to me my long held view that the Beeb are right wing scum. When people are losing jobs for a comment against the government the UK is turning into 1984.
But when Alan Sugar publicly supported Boris for PM, that was okay for Alan. But when he was previously affiliated with the Labour party The Apprentice was kept off air during election era. It's a blatant double standard by the BBC because it's staffed by ring wing Tory cronies at the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Completely agree. I have no particular view on Linekar as a person, and wouldn't watch MOTD if you paid me, but I can't see how the impartiality rules apply to him in the same way as a sports broadcaster, particularly given the issue re the chairman and how many other BBC people give varying opinions.

The BBC is not (and hasn't for a long time been) the impartial and respected news-gathering organisation it once was, and it seems to me they've wildly misread the room on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I remember the Waiting For Chryed To Get It On posts, that went into at least 200 threads. They were crazy.
yes!!! and the “mcdean” ones (from hollyoaks, i think?) - easily went into the 100s and had a whole clique of og posters that you weren’t allowed to disagree with 🤣

Reactions: 1
Hear ! Hear!

Reactions: 12
Completely agree. I have no particular view on Linekar as a person, and wouldn't watch MOTD if you paid me, but I can't see how the impartiality rules apply to him in the same way as a sports broadcaster, particularly given the issue re the chairman and how many other BBC people give varying opinions.

The BBC is not (and hasn't for a long time been) the impartial and respected news-gathering organisation it once was, and it seems to me they've wildly misread the room on this.
I would never watch MOTD usually but may tune in tomorrow to see who they get to present it. I was just shown a meme saying “Scab Of The Day” 🤣

I’ve mentioned this before but since we’re speaking about MOTD presenters…Ian Wright’s kid was in my brother’s class at Junior School. When my folks dropped bro off at their house for a birthday party they couldn’t help but admire the cherub themed murals adorning the hallway walls. On closer inspection the cherubs’ faces were that of the Wright family 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
The BBC could have ridden out the storm and it would have blown over, but it’s clear that they’ve have received pressure from within the government to get rid of Lineker and bowed to it. They are IMO terrified of them removing any more of their funding and it’s being used a carrot dangled in front of them to make them tow the line.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yup.
Particularly when you compare the treatment of Lineker to Fiona Bruce, who last night on Question Time utterly minimised the wife beating shitbag Stanley Johnson breaking his wife’s nose. But then Bruce has form for being a Tory mouthpiece.
Nice to see Ian Wright and Alan Shearer backing Lineker.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I think the BBC turning a blind eye to Savile and his ilk has in turn made them a very, very easy target politically.

Reactions: 19
We had a pub in Leicestershire near the Walkers crisps factory and the staff from there never had a good word for Lineker when he came to visit. We were asked to do an evening for some charity he was involved in which we did and was told he would come and pick up the cheque on a given date. We sent the money to the charity but he never turned up but he sent us a signed photo to auction. Anybody want a signed photo ?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
'Heavy handed overreaction' ? 🤣 he’s a sports presenter not a politician. We don’t want to hear his views.

The BBC have tiptoed around him too long and haven’t even sacked him.

comparing the government to a regime that killed mass millions is utterly wrong. Still it was only the Jews Eh!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.