Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen Derren Brown live giving a pretend psychic reading…no different from a “real” one with lots of details nobody could have known. Some people are hugely talented at cold reading. I knew a man who could do it, it’s a talent but nobody at any time is speaking to dead people.
I was at that tour too, and the woman that he ‘read’ on stage burst into floods of tears,and he had to keep reminding her that he wasn’t actually a ‘psychic’

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I remember Derren Brown had a show where he’d given a group of people a piece of paper with an insight into their personality.

Each person was amazed by what they read. There were people crying over how accurate their own was. Then it was revealed that everyone had been given the exact same message!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I remember Derren Brown had a show where he’d given a group of people a piece of paper with an insight into their personality.

Each person was amazed by what they read. There were people crying over how accurate their own was. Then it was revealed that everyone had been given the exact same message!
I saw that, it was very cleverly done. It shows how gullible we all are and how we interpret general messages as being personal and specific. It said stuff like ‘you get anxious when meeting new people but hide it well’ and ‘you sometimes feel lonely even when you’re not alone’ and other general cliches 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
"The Rainbow Ruse" is another technique used along with Cold Reading - it's fail-safe hit, because you give your client a personality trait but also contradict it, for example, "You are a considerate person, but at times you have moments of selfishness". As well as "Fine Flattery", generalised compliments, usually things like you are compassionate, diplomatic, sensitive, hard-working.

There's a freely available PDF ebook about Cold Reading, but as it seems to be elsewhere, eg, on Amazon for £30+, I'm not confident it's genuinely free to the public and I may get a spank from mods for linking to it.
Yes, that one is excellent. This is also worth a watch.
Thanks, I'll watch that later! Not sure if I've seen it as I binged on lots of videos and articles about James Randi afterwards, but still worth a watch. (Sad to say, he died in 2020).

Reactions: 12
I saw that, it was very cleverly done. It shows how gullible we all are and how we interpret general messages as being personal and specific. It said stuff like ‘you get anxious when meeting new people but hide it well’ and ‘you sometimes feel lonely even when you’re not alone’ and other general cliches 😂😂😂
Yes! I couldn’t remember any of the examples, so thank you!

Edited to add @lamaitresse that technique sounds so similar to what Derren Brown used on that show!

Reactions: 5
The guy I knew, you could say “I have a friend at work…” and he’d say something like, skinny bloke, walks everywhere and fast, red hair, has had problems with his stomach…and it would all be bang on. He said he could get bigger pictures by closely listening to vibrations in your voice.

If you said to him, let’s go out to eat, he’d know what restaurant you were thinking of, for example.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm catching up with the Great British Menu and Joe Sugg is a guest judge on it. He looks like a proper hobo. Also going for a Gareth Bale hairdo to hide the baldness. That is all

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Regarding Derren Brown, I remember being shocked Andrew O'Connor was the executive producer (he also worked on Peep Show) as remember him on various quiz shows. However, later learnt he was The Young Magician of the Year in 1981!

Reactions: 7

It's similar to the star sign stuff. I always say I'd love to make posts with "when you piss off a [insert star sign] for each star sign and an image like the attached and see how many people share them saying "I feel seen" or something similar.

Attachments

Reactions: 6

i went on a hen do where there was a psychic and I couldn’t believe how spot on it was apart from him saying I had a strained relationship with my dad. When one of the other girls came out she said he’d got everything down to a t, including her difficult relationship which her dad. We then all compared noted and he’d said versions of the same thing to all 16 of us - I guess 12 women in their mid 20s hanging out together are likely to have a fair amount in common!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Even if the Caines have gold-plated nursing care, the family no doubt feel the need to be accessible. I don't know how the daughter's plea panned out but I can understand her wish to be able to visit an aged parent.
She can get a bus/taxi like the rest of us would need to!!!

Sorry but I've got zero sympathy for this idiot. And to try and use her aged parents when they've filthy stinking rich and can well afford to have chauffeurs is just beyond belief.

Reactions: 17
It's similar to the star sign stuff. I always say I'd love to make posts with "when you piss off a [insert star sign] for each star sign and an image like the attached and see how many people share them saying "I feel seen" or something similar.
I used to speak to a couple of ”famous” astrologers (think Red Tops) through work. One day one of them was running late and asked me to finish his predictions for the week and just told me to put down”any old tit!😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Dear all, tonight I sat next to Luke Evans at the theatre, and not only was he super polite, but he smelt delish. #happyme ❤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I don’t believe in all the psychic stuff but in my parents house there was a rug just in front of the TV. My mum HATED it but my dad loved it. When he died she threw it out.
My brother who is more sceptical than me saw a psychic with some others from work about a year later and he had never ever met this woman nor did she know him. She mentioned the rug.
He utterly freaked out and so did I when he told me.
Totally true story - sorry for the me - rail !

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I hope you looked at the Anti- Consoiracy Theories thread that I started many moons ago to counteract the madness!
WARNING - The funniest thing is if you displease the Goblins on the CT squad, they start following you around Tattle putting vomit or angry emojis on your posts. Those sick, vile monsters will hunt all over Tattle and find you!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.