Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Priscilla is only fighting this because Lisa Marie had some appalling advice given to her. Riley at the age of 33, has got to take responsibility of a complete mess. There has been also been talk of fraudulent signatures. There are numerous pending lawsuits. And the twins need financial security as they won’t get it from their father. At Lisa Marie’s funeral, it was announced that Riley had become a mom last year and has now tragically lost her mom. Priscilla is only trying to become a trustee maybe to just help Riley?

Also Priscilla did downsize a few years back to help pay for some of Lisa’s debts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I’ve never been into the fandom for anything so I inherently can’t understand paying for someone’s autograph. That said Hayden has barely worked since the prequels, his much-vaunted reappearance on Obi Wan amounted to thirty seconds of screen time, and he’s apparently had major mental health issues to boot. My guess is he needs the money and he’s willing to exploit the newfound goodwill/sympathy people have for him to get it. Those movies ruined his life, I can’t bring myself to judge.
Hayden is a multimillionaire! He brought a new house for nearly $3m before xmas! Actors got a tiny percentage of prequel profits so they're all minted. He has worked reasonably steadily just mostly crap and took a few years out in 2010.
I do think he's had mental health issues. He seems genuinely surprised people like him now, the person I know who met him ar a convention said he seemed amazed anyone wanted to meet him and that he had a line. I don't think we need to worry about his finances though!

Reactions: 3
It's not surprise he is surprised, he was pretty much vilified for being a terrible choice at the time the prequels came out, and for years afterwards.

Reactions: 7
It's not surprise he is surprised, he was pretty much vilified for being a terrible choice at the time the prequels came out, and for years afterwards.
Yup, I think he took the brunt of everything people didn't like about the prequels.

Reactions: 8
Priscilla was Presley since she married him at 16, so I can understand, it had been her surname since before her entire adult life.
Like I say, I was too young to know such details, so I've no idea if Priscilla hung onto the Presley name or the media insisted on calling her Presley regardless and she went along with it. Being told in a divorce court (or something akin to that - legally anyway) not to do it, and to continue, doesn't look good to me.

For all I know it could be someone who dislikes her and just wants to spread false rumours, as I'd never heard this before (and I've read a few Elvis biographies, wouldn't call myself a super-fan, though).

Priscilla has my respect for turning around Elvis Presley's fortunes (financially) and legacy (by remaining in the public eye and promoting him whenever possible), anyway. I wouldn't want to believe she's a monster but families are complicated.

It's sad how it turns into money and assets when someone passes. I feel so sorry for Lisa Marie, being Elvis' only child must have felt like both a blessing and a curse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
the BBC absolutely knew all about Saville, I have said before that he had a BBC minder who travelled with him when doing that radio show Saville’s travels to stop him picking up young girls which clearly didn’t work. The man who told me worked at Broadmoor and said he was treated like a God there and had a master key to every area. This man clearly knew what a pervert he was but it was the management that revered him.
Jimmy Savile hit on my mum after she won a dancing competition at the Twisted Wheel in Manchester back in the 60's. He was all over her while she was waiting for her older brother to pick her up and take her home. My uncle was ready to knock him out when he saw him with his arm around her. My mum couldn't ever watch him on TV after that because it had really freaked her out and she dreaded to think what could have happened if my uncle hadn't turned up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
His views on feminism are absurd. He argued that women who don't want to be sexually harassed but wear makeup are "hypocritical", has argued that - "the idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory" (because apparently he hasn't got the remotest understanding of history). He called Frozen (yes, the disney film about ice princesses) "reprehensible propaganda" for challenging traditional gender roles. He's even argued that feminists 'crave' male violence.

He's a nutter in many ways - he went on a carnivore diet (heavy meat, little vegetables), and had a mental breakdown from having a sip of cider (yeah, idk, don't ask me wtf is going on there).

I'm barely scratching the surface, but as mentioned above, he's really unstable and bursts into tears every 5 seconds in interviews nowadays, usually when men are mentioned or criticised, which is funny considering how much money he's made from criticising feminism.

Good place to get an understanding of his craziness is the Rational Wiki.
Peterson is a sound clinical psychologist by all accounts. The problem is when he wades into issues he doesn't understand (ie: politics) and generalises it (a la Piers Morgan), he is found wanting. But I guess it's easy money. These days everyone has an opinion on the culture wars.

People are impressed with his persona. He has honed in on the art of talking in a grandiose and convoluted way so if someone refutes, he can just say "no, what I meant is...x" and ramble on.

I love Eva Green as an actress but she's coming across really badly in her lawsuit at this point.
Yes I read about that earlier. She sounds a nasty bit of work calling everyone names on WhatsApp chats, and now she’s in the dock being questioned she keeps saying “I’m French“…… ”it’s just a language thing, I’m French”.

Sounds like she'll win because of that clause in her contract, but I hope she finds it difficult to get more work until she changes her attitude.

Reactions: 1
There is a film he starred in from 15 years back called Awake, which had dreadful reviews when it came out. When I saw it a few years later it was far from a classic but decent enough. I had the feeling critics had the daggers out for it as a hangover from the bad feeling toward him from the prequels.

Reactions: 5
Like I say, I was too young to know such details, so I've no idea if Priscilla hung onto the Presley name or the media insisted on calling her Presley regardless and she went along with it. Being told in a divorce court (or something akin to that - legally anyway) not to do it, and to continue, doesn't look good to me.

For all I know it could be someone who dislikes her and just wants to spread false rumours, as I'd never heard this before (and I've read a few Elvis biographies, wouldn't call myself a super-fan, though).

Priscilla has my respect for turning around Elvis Presley's fortunes (financially) and legacy (by remaining in the public eye and promoting him whenever possible), anyway. I wouldn't want to believe she's a monster but families are complicated.

It's sad how it turns into money and assets when someone passes. I feel so sorry for Lisa Marie, being Elvis' only child must have felt like both a blessing and a curse.
Looks as though the allegation (not to use the Presley name) came from one of the Memphis Mafia (Sonny West), and Priscilla has denied it

Reactions: 6
This Childline thing is a pretty inefficient strategy: the time and cost involved in the set-up, staff training, monitoring and filtering of calls, etc., all on the off-chance that an anonymous child gives away enough detail to identify one of your noncey mates so that you can swing into action, deploy the secret task squad, and ensure that everything is squeaky clean and all evidence is destroyed or dismissed - as an operation it appears to be rather unwieldy and hugely dependent on happenstance and synchronicity.

I also don’t quite understand what exactly it was supposedly designed to uncover: if you’ve got dodgy associates that you want to protect from discovery/prosecution, then presumably you already know they’re involved in vile stuff. So why do you need to wait for a random child to call in and reveal details to you in order for you to cover it up?
Not to keep flogging a dead horse bc this topics probably dead by this point in the thread (which I haven’t reached), but we know for a fact that some high ranking members of the police were in on it and helped protect Saville, and no doubt others, so there wouldn’t even be any need to set up an extremely expensive and extensive charity like child line just to help protect them even further.

Reactions: 19
The Savile thing, I think what a lot of people forget is that at the time, as daft as it sounds, it was common for older blokes in entertainment to have 'groupies' and girls (often underage) for parties etc. I know people who worked at the BBC at the time and Savile wasn't alone in this kind of behaviour. The darker stuff just seemed like exaggerated rumours to a lot of people.

Looking back at him in the 70s on TV doing Jim'll Fix It or TOTP it's almost impossible to believe that THAT was considered suitable for kids / teen TV. But it was, not many people looked beyond the eccentric charity fundraiser. Bizarre.

Reactions: 14
I saw a few of the guest line up. £210 when at comicons he’s around the £140/150 mark. Jason Momoa is more famous than him and his auto was around the £75/80 mark at LFCC what a joke.

I paid £65 for Lando’s signature. He’s way better than Hayden!
---

me and my partner were into the whole craze for two years. After Covid I couldn’t Do it. We’ve met some amazing people. Got quite a few autographs along the way.
---

Depending on what you get autographed it can fetch you a good amount in the future. I don’t know if you’ve heard of funko pops but there is a Stan Lee one signed and authenticated so it’s legit you’re talking £900/1000 as of now.
To be fair the outcry in the Star Wars community has been loud. The event was already causing a bit of controversy over the extremely low amount of four day tickets for sale, forcing the majority of fans to buy each day individually at around £80 a day. Someone on one of the groups has pointed out an additional admin fee on top of the pre booking for autographs and photoshoots too.

As I said earlier some are charging more than a standard con, the girl who played Leia in Obi Wan was £40 at Wales Con last month. Her price for Celebration is £85. That goes for a lot of the other guests.

I’ve met a lot of people over the years and have a lot of very random autographs, almost all are personalised to me, including Carrie. None of them I’d part with as they bring me some pleasure. Unfortunately we’re being priced out and autographs are fast becoming an elite sport.

As for Celebration, I shall still go, there is more to it that a scribble on a photo so I shall catch up with friends, listen to talks and probably buy too much crap, but it’s almost certainly the last one I will be attending and if I’m honest it’s left such a bad taste this time if I could sell the tickets And refund the hotel I’d probably do it and bugger off abroad Instead.

Reactions: 10
The Savile thing, I think what a lot of people forget is that at the time, as daft as it sounds, it was common for older blokes in entertainment to have 'groupies' and girls (often underage) for parties etc. I know people who worked at the BBC at the time and Savile wasn't alone in this kind of behaviour. The darker stuff just seemed like exaggerated rumours to a lot of people.

Looking back at him in the 70s on TV doing Jim'll Fix It or TOTP it's almost impossible to believe that THAT was considered suitable for kids / teen TV. But it was, not many people looked beyond the eccentric charity fundraiser. Bizarre.
For those of us that are slightly older we know how things were then. You left school at 15/16 and went to work. To get married by 20 was not unusual. All things which seem very wrong these days. But not every girl was coerced. It was just the way of life.

Without getting all psychological about it, I suppose things moved at a faster pace then. Life expectancy wasn't so long. Having a baby definitely had a time scale and women weren't really expected to a full blown career.

I would think there are a lot of older celebs now thinking about girls they slept with that were 16 or at least looked 16. All of which no one would have battered an eyelid at the time but would now be horrified. Groupies were definitely a thing.

Saville was in a league of his own though.

Reactions: 39
Priscilla was Presley since she married him at 16, so I can understand, it had been her surname since before her entire adult life.

Apparently she went by “Beaulieu-Presley” at one point.

I only know this because my mum is a huge fan and loved her on the Dallas show.

Reactions: 9
For those of us that are slightly older we know how things were then. You left school at 15/16 and went to work. To get married by 20 was not unusual. All things which seem very wrong these days. But not every girl was coerced. It was just the way of life.

Without getting all psychological about it, I suppose things moved at a faster pace then. Life expectancy wasn't so long. Having a baby definitely had a time scale and women weren't really expected to a full blown career.

I would think there are a lot of older celebs now thinking about girls they slept with that were 16 or at least looked 16. All of which no one would have battered an eyelid at the time but would now be horrified. Groupies were definitely a thing.

Saville was in a league of his own though.
The above is exactly what my mum once said about it, Fenella.
I've told the story before about how Savile was 'seeing' one of her schoolmates when she was only 14 and the girl never finished school- was 'sent to live with her grandma up in Scotland' (usually code for pregnancy). All very fishy. However, as mum said, most of them were working a year or two later and getting married younger (mum was 21, her older sister 20 when they married). All happened before the feminist movement gathered steam in the '60s. Early pregnancy was often seen as the woman's 'fault' and that was that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not to keep flogging a dead horse bc this topics probably dead by this point in the thread (which I haven’t reached), but we know for a fact that some high ranking members of the police were in on it and helped protect Saville, and no doubt others, so there wouldn’t even be any need to set up an extremely expensive and extensive charity like child line just to help protect them even further.
I think it was Jimmy’s best mate, King Charlie Boy that “helped protect Savile”. It’s spelled with one ‘l’. The way you remember it is, the second syllable is “vile” which is apt.

Child abuse and rape was insidious in the 70s/80s and of course, in elite circles. Half of Thatcher’s cabinet were Wrong Uns. There’s a British Prime Minister who was the Wrongest of Wrong Uns. The “high ranking members of the police” as you call it (but also powerful Govt officials and PRs), had to know from somewhere, which names were being put forward. ie, who it was they needed to ‘protect’. IF someone called in with the name of a low level pedalo, in terms of some of these rings that were around at the time, these lesser names all usually led back to one powerful person. There was a connection between Sidney Cooke (80s pedalo, low ranking at the time but became infamous) and Sir Peter Hayman (Very High Ranking posho diplomat) for example.

People can disagree with you and make snarky remarks but doesn’t mean they’re right and you’re wrong. Childline was set up during a time when all these stories were starting to filter out. What’s more important than getting “likes” on this kind of information is knowing how many people may actually read the post and have it open their minds a little, if they didn’t already know.

I might need to double check with a Mod but last I heard, nothing was off topic or “dead”. Be confident and write about what you want.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.