Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
as for Savile, I’m really not sure the King covered up for him. if anything, Harry's book has shown how ridiculously out of touch the royals are, I think Charles didn’t suspect him of anything. As we know, Savile was long dead before it all came out, not like today, they keel over and out it all comes.
Charles comes across as very naïve (maybe a bit less so now, but certainly when he was younger), and Savile was a good manipulator, which is a combination which suggests you're right.

As I've said, the more outlandish claims don't really pass the smell test. He probably had influence in the BBC and S.Yorkshire Police. And that's all he needed. Probably wouldn't even need that, tbh, given who his victims were and who he was. My theory is that he was seen as protected because he acted like he already was, and the influence he did have was enough to validate that to most people.

And I wouldn't say Savile was "long dead", it was about 10-11 months.

Reactions: 10
On a lighter (ha, pun intended) note, Fatboy Slim didn't have a good experience when he met David Bowie back in the day...

Even though I am a bit of a DB fan, my first thought was, maybe David didn't like the fact Norman was having bigger hits than him back then!!
I like Bowie wouldn’t call myself fan, but I absolutely was a HUGE fan of Norman Cook’s in my yoof.

reading between the lines ‘I’d had a few drinks…’ I suspect Norman was well and truly plastered (he’s been sober for years now) and probably came across to Bowie (who was too cool for school) as an idiot

Reactions: 16
I like Bowie wouldn’t call myself fan, but I absolutely was a HUGE fan of Norman Cook’s in my yoof.

reading between the lines ‘I’d had a few drinks…’ I suspect Norman was well and truly plastered (he’s been sober for years now) and probably came across to Bowie (who was too cool for school) as an idiot
Yeah, it's really hard to say in those situations, because you're not privy to the other person's mindset. It could be Bowie was justifiably tired of bright eyed fangirling from celebs (I'm sure it happened pretty often), was discussing something really serious, annoying or upsetting with the other person, or is just a snooty hole.

I vaguely remember Terry Wogan (who, as far as I know, didn't really witch about anyone) saying Bowie acted like a petulant diva when he appeared on his show with Tin Machine. I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact words. There's a slight snapshot into how the interview went here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-35454033 (I'd have to get a snippet from Tel's autobiography).

(Also, before any members call me a child abuse apologist because I like Bowie, I have discussed Bowie's drugs and groupies years on the appropriate thread ages ago, and I've never been cool with underage girls seeking out popstars, in any era. And no, I'm not blaming the girls).

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Yeah, it's really hard to say in those situations, because you're not privy to the other person's mindset. It could be Bowie was justifiably tired of bright eyed fangirling from celebs (I'm sure it happened pretty often), was discussing something really serious, annoying or upsetting with the other person, or is just a snooty hole.
Or maybe just having a private conversation and some guy has interrupted with a lame excuse of have you got a fag. NC wanted to be seen by his idol, so he butted in (no pun intended)

Reactions: 4
I don’t get the whole Bowie thing. I get that he was ground breaking in his day, but so were lots of other people and honestly I think anyone else would have been cancelled for what he did. There is this weird personally cult around him and it all gets over looked. How is what he did that much different to what Michael Jackson did when you think about it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don’t get the whole Bowie thing. I get that he was ground breaking in his day, but so were lots of other people and honestly I think anyone else would have been cancelled for what he did. There is this weird personally cult around him and it all gets over looked. How is what he did that much different to what Michael Jackson did when you think about it?
I don't get it either and I thought it was just me, vastly over rated in my opinion, he is worshipped likea god!! WHY??

Reactions: 19
I'm quite neutral on Bowie, like some of his stuff but only if it comes on radio or tv. Maybe it's generational if you lived during his peak?

I have zero patience for drunk people so if normon was drunk I don't blame Bowie lol

Reactions: 12

That’s what I was thinking. He was probably hammered, he interrupted Bowie mid conversation, bummed a fag off him, then told him his name…Bowie probably thought “oh duck off you hole, come back when you’re not shitfaced.”

Reactions: 6
I'm quite neutral on Bowie, like some of his stuff but only if it comes on radio or tv. Maybe it's generational if you lived during his peak?

I have zero patience for drunk people so if normon was drunk I don't blame Bowie lol
I don’t think it is. I know a few twenty and thirty somethings who are big fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think it is. I know a few twenty and thirty somethings who are big fans.
I think parental influence can have an impact on music tastes too so 20-30 somethings very possibly grew up with Bowie being played a lot by parents.

I’ve always assumed I’m the wrong generation for Bowie. My first introduction to him was as Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth and it genuinely traumatised me! Could never really get into his music after that! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I was a teen/20something during his years of glory and I still didn't get it!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
In other news...

Ozzy has pulled the plug on touring. Not a surprise, he's been rumoured to be struggling for some time, but always a bit sad to see such a huge personality curtailed:
this is a really lovely and genuine statement. i worry that ozzy is the alliterative singer who is seriously unwell in that blind item from the last thread.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.