Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trump declassified them meaning it was a previous government that used Uri, I don't know when it was but they used him for years!!

As others have said, Derren Brown is fab. He did a few EPs trailing a US medium who was shaking people down for money and proved the medium was basically using private investigators on their long term clients.
'Seance' was excellent. He had a group of 'intelligent' uni students believing in the spirit of a girl who had never existed, who had supposedly 'died' on campus. One student even became 'possessed.'. Afterwards, he brought in the actress who had 'played' the dead girl (he'd been showing them 'retro' home video footage). He told the students not to feel bad about themselves because many ordinary people are susceptible to this kind of manipulation and charlatans know how to 'play' them. He did a similar thing with 'healers' in the US who are actively skanking people for money.
Very clever man.

FWIW, I believe mediums fall into two broad camps:
1) Intuitive, sensitive people who genuinely believe in what they do. They're not in it for the money (except, perhaps, for making a living).
2) Charlatans. They're the sort that go on TV (love the showbizzy aspect) and actively promote themselves. Their main motivation is money, seconded by a need to feel powerful.

I'd never go see a medium, on stage or otherwise. I watched MH for the laughs.
I just don't think that they're all deliberate charlatans. Again, I think that some people, because they might be well able to tune into the psychological states of others, believe they have the ability.
Derren Brown has demonstrated, very well, how it all works.

My late dad, who was a Catholic, told me never to bother trying to contact him when he was gone because he wouldn't 'answer'. When he was gone he was gone, whether it was oblivion or some afterlife. If there was, he'd most likely be in the celestial pub, anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Shouldn’t people be allowed to ‘off themselves” if they decide to? I mean, they shouldn’t need permission from anyone else should they?! Who is anyone else to tell them Whether their life is bearable or not.
I think the issue is that it’s offering this to people who would do well and flourish with the right sort of care. It has the potential and maybe already is being used as a way to deal with problems in society. ‘You’re homeless? Ok, euthanasia can be one answer.’ ‘You are in a wheelchair? Have you thought about euthanasia?’
I think euthanasia should be allowed but it has to be very heavily monitored and as one Dr said "I don't think death should be society's solution for its own failures."

• Heart
Agree cold calling is very prevalent and easy for certain people. It's also becoming easier to spot with the clichés that have been mentioned on here already. But there are always those experiences where they give details that they absolutely could not have known or guessed, again like a couple that have been mentioned on here, that stop me from disbelieving completely.
I've never personally had a reading that left me completely convinced but I just can't make myself write it off all together.

Reactions: 5
Sally Morgan is definitely a pushy, hard-headed "look-at-me" type with the hide of a rhino (not a comment about her size, about her bare-faced cheek). Something coldly self-serving, smug and unlikeable about her. She loves to talk about her famous clients - it actually amazes me that her ilk get any airtime or live audiences, especially in the 21st Century - seances and psychic readings seem very Victorian and backward nowadays.

James Randi also wrote a book about Uri Geller, "The Truth About Uri Geller", came out in the early 1980s, (though the BBC 4 documentary I mentioned does talk about their few encounters as well). Uri Geller has the same sort of energy as Sally Morgan (in that he's insistent he is supernaturally gifted) but he doesn't seem quite gleefully arrogant or self-obsessed.

Weirdly, even though the book debunking Geller's act came out 40 or so years ago, it didn't derail his career at all - he seemed to be everywhere on TV in the 1980s.

When my now-20-something niece was a little one she used to be OBSESSED with Most Haunted and shows like it. I used to tell her I'd disown her if she kept it up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
'Seance' was excellent. He had a group of 'intelligent' uni students believing in the spirit of a girl who had never existed, who had supposedly 'died' on campus. One student even became 'possessed.'
I remember that one. It was quite a creepy episode! The 'possessed' student started talking like a child.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I remember that one. It was quite a creepy episode! The 'possessed' student started talking like a child.
There was another interesting bit early on in the show (where he was exploring Victorian seance techniques and 'trance' states) where he had a student in a cubicle who threw out a tea tray or something. She genuinely believed she hadn't done it and denied doing so, when the proof was there that she had. She wasn't 'lying'- she just didn't 'see' how she could have done it. The mind is an amazing thing, without 'supernatural' factors even coming into it.

Reactions: 7
Someone I know lost her son in tragic circumstances, she reached out too Sally Morgan. It was also all over the news for years about the incident.
Well anyway when she used to do shows here she would call out is **** here, I have your darling child with me. So full of shite. She would of got all her dets from the press articles

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think the issue is that it’s offering this to people who would do well and flourish with the right sort of care. It has the potential and maybe already is being used as a way to deal with problems in society. ‘You’re homeless? Ok, euthanasia can be one answer.’ ‘You are in a wheelchair? Have you thought about euthanasia?’
I think euthanasia should be allowed but it has to be very heavily monitored and as one Dr said "I don't think death should be society's solution for its own failures."
Someone I knew worked as a medical microbiologist for the NHS. They believed when you were 'no longer useful to society' you should be killed - this included the long term unemployed to those with terminal illnesses. Their colleagues held similar views. I wrote a draft of a dystopian trilogy, where this happened in the first novel.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Someone I knew worked as a medical microbiologist for the NHS. They believed when you were 'no longer useful to society' you should be killed - this included the long term unemployed to those with terminal illnesses. Their colleagues held similar views. I wrote a draft of a dystopian trilogy, where this happened in the first novel.
Sounds like you worked with Josef mengele

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s horrendous! Oh gosh, this has made me so sad. People already feel like they are worthless if they have terminal or chronic illnesses or are unemployed.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
That’s horrendous! Oh gosh, this has made me so sad. People already feel like they are worthless if they have terminal or chronic illnesses or are unemployed.
It's scary that people diagnosing diseases could make such judgement. A good friend tempted at a surgery in London as a medical secretary, she found a whole pile of referrals in a drawer - she reported the surgery. I agree completely, working with carers and people living with dementia (I work for a charity) delivering various programs, it truly makes me sad and angry these things happen.
---

Sounds like you worked with Josef mengele
I hate to use the word 'friend' but they were, and tried to date me - so many red flags, I ran and blocked them everywhere I could.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
A good friend tempted at a surgery in London as a medical secretary, she found a whole pile of referrals in a drawer - she reported the surgery.
Sorry for being dim but why would she report them for having referrals in a drawer?

Reactions: 1
Sorry for being dim but why would she report them for having referrals in a drawer?
There were many things wrong. The usual secretary hadn't typed them up or sent them on to the hospital. So people with symptoms of cancer for example may have been waiting to be seen, but were never seen as the usual secretary never referred them!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
There were many things wrong. The usual secretary hadn't typed them up or sent them on to the hospital. So people with symptoms of cancer for example may have been waiting to be seen, but were never seen as the usual secretary never referred them!
Oh that’s horrible! Such a terrible way to do things!

Reactions: 7
Sorry, I've been busy lately so here's my summary of the week.

Eva Green lawsuit... I'd happily drink her bathwater.
Michael Caines daughter... a flatmate of mine slept with her in the early 90's when she was living in central Manchester. Apparently she's a bit boring in the sheets.
Ozzy no longer touring... I heard that Ozzy bit the head off a cow on stage and all this milk poured out of it's neck. Granted, I heard this whilst watching Beavis and Butthead in the 90's so it may not be 100% accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry, I've been busy lately so here's my summary of the week.

Eva Green lawsuit... I'd happily drink her bathwater.
Michael Caines daughter... a flatmate of mine slept with her in the early 90's when she was living in central Manchester. Apparently she's a bit boring in the sheets.
Ozzy no longer touring... I heard that Ozzy bit the head off a cow on stage and all this milk poured out of it's neck. Granted, I heard this whilst watching Beavis and Butthead in the 90's so it may not be 100% accurate.
One of the best bits of Ozzy merchandise I ever saw was a cuddly bat with removable head. Bravo to whoever came up with that one.

On another note, given the Happy Valley finale this weekend, anything on James Norton? I would. Even with the beard 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gary Glitter has been freed from prison today - how long before some vigilante group finds out where he lives?

• Sick
  • Sad
Gary Glitter has been freed from prison today - how long before some vigilante group finds out where he lives?
He'll be on the first flight to the far east (assuming he has a passport). He'll turn up in Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand again.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.