Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few comments from this story in the Daily Mail (about Priscilla contesting Lisa Marie's will / who is in charge of LM's estate) Lisa Marie Presley's friend says she wanted trust left to children as Priscilla tries to invalidate | Daily Mail OnlineView attachment 1925299
I was only a kid when Elvis died (I remember being alarmed seeing many of the adults I knew either depressed or openly crying!) but I didn't know that Elvis stipulated that Priscilla was to use her maiden name post-divorce.

I can't work out if Priscilla is a savvy businesswoman - given that she turned Elvis' estate's fortunes around after his death, thanks to Graceland (though I have my doubts about anyone fooled by Scientology, unless she saw it as a way to advance her acting career) with the best interests of her wider family at heart (given that there are rumours LM blew through $100M!) or money-hungry, controlling and cold.
The minute she married it was her surname too (if she wanted to use it or not). People expect (especially back then) women to take the man’s surname but the minute they get divorced then they can’t use it? So ridiculous to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I guess she is getting on a bit too.
---

Shakira Caine is 75 now
Plus they are clearly rich enough for drivers so were obviously just using it as a 'get out-of jail' card.

Not that she was going to jail, obvs...

Reactions: 9
The minute she married it was her surname too (if she wanted to use it or not). People expect (especially back then) women to take the man’s surname but the minute they get divorced then they can’t use it? So ridiculous to me.
The comments on the Preslaw website (I linked to earlier) http://preslaw.info/divorce-papers-elvis-presley-and-priscilla-presley are interesting. Some fans absolutely hate Priscilla and think she has traded off Presley's name after his death (and they vaguely say they saw the statement - for Priscilla not to use the Presley name post-divorce - on the divorce papers online, but some have now been removed. Interestingly, the Preslaw site has the divorce papers, some are missing. When and where they saw this stipulation, no-one ever says).

There are others who point to the fact Elvis' divorce attorney called him one of the most unselfish men he'd ever met, who only wanted to make his ex-wife happy (by all accounts their split was reasonably amicable), and they say he wouldn't be so petty as to bar her from using the Presley name. Also, Priscilla did appear in some articles and TV interviews using the Presley name in public whilst Elvis was alive, without any repercussions.

Some fans think Ginger Alden is the true "Elvis widow" as they were engaged to be married, and she's had a hard time of it from Priscilla (not sure how or why). Ginger's mother sued the Elvis estate because he promised to pay off their mortgage, but died before he could keep his promise! http://preslaw.info/alden-v-presley-1982

In the early 1970s Priscilla did make a go of trying her own clothing brand / boutique called Bis & Beau in 1973 (assume "Beau" was for "Beaulieu" and Bis was the co-owner, Olivia Bis). Very 1970s!

The shop closed after 3 years: https://www.tatler.com/gallery/priscilla-presley-best-style-moments

Bonus item: Here's Barbra Streisand's receipt from 1974! https://streisandstylefiles.com/bis-beau-1974-store-receipt/

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Charles comes across as very naïve (maybe a bit less so now, but certainly when he was younger), and Savile was a good manipulator, which is a combination which suggests you're right.

As I've said, the more outlandish claims don't really pass the smell test. He probably had influence in the BBC and S.Yorkshire Police. And that's all he needed. Probably wouldn't even need that, tbh, given who his victims were and who he was. My theory is that he was seen as protected because he acted like he already was, and the influence he did have was enough to validate that to most people.

And I wouldn't say Savile was "long dead", it was about 10-11 months.
I always get the feeling that Charles was looking for Father figures, he didn't seem to Gel with his biological Dad but was close to Lord Mountbatten and Lawrence Van Der Post who were rumoured to be interested in people that were far far too young for them! Wonder if he saw JS as some kind of cuddly Daddy figure who would also give him advice and fool around with him (not sexually)

• Sick
Reactions: 6
These conspiracy posts always remind me of the saying "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out."

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I like Bowie wouldn’t call myself fan, but I absolutely was a HUGE fan of Norman Cook’s in my yoof.

reading between the lines ‘I’d had a few drinks…’ I suspect Norman was well and truly plastered (he’s been sober for years now) and probably came across to Bowie (who was too cool for school) as an idiot
Then he challenged Bowie outside Right Here, Right Now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Surnames are basically a fiction to make it easier to identify people, tbh. It's very very easy to change your surname, and you can call yourself whatever you like. Can be a bit of a hassle with banks and professional bodies, but that's about it.

Reactions: 4
Can we mention the name that well known A lister Molly-Mae Hague gave to her baby girl? BAMBI! So the baby is Bambi Fury!
Doesn't she remember that Bambi's mother got shot? Just saying!
Don't remember the rest of the film, much, as I was inconsolable after seeing that as a little kid.
Other than that there was a friendly (but a bit annoying) bunny in it. Will the next kid be called 'Thumper'?
ETA: Just realized- 'Thumper Fury'! 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
That saying always reminds me of Tim Minchin

Hate Minchin’s comedic efforts…..to me he seems an insufferable pretentious bore which in itself is not a problem (see Stewart Lee), that coupled with the fact that he isn’t funny makes it a problem.

Reactions: 13
I have a real irrational dislike of him
Bumped into him a couple of years ago in Starbucks in New York, he was with Lily Rose Depp (girlfriend at the time). I didn’t have a scooby, vaguely recognised her but she’s nothing like the Chanel ad pictures! Meanwhile my sister is elbowing me like mad because she knows who he is but doesn’t want him to know that she knows!! They were both trying way too hard to be cool….
---

I just love Cary Grant. Just seen they’re making a biopic series with Jason Isaacs
I adore Cary Grant, I could watch him all day but Jason Isaacs? As Cary Grant? No ta!

Reactions: 8
Hate Minchin’s comedic efforts…..to me he seems an insufferable pretentious bore which in itself is not a problem (see Stewart Lee), that coupled with the fact that he isn’t funny makes it a problem.
I agree, but I don't like Stewart Lee either.

Reactions: 5
Re: Timothee Chalamet...is this a safe for me to say Call Me By Your Name is a very very creepy movie, middle aged man grooms teenager - who also effs a peach?
Oh my god the peach! After our encounter with Timothee in NYC, my son (then 18) and I decided to find the film on the flight home, just to find the peach scene (which had been described quite graphically to us by my sister). We had to watch with a blanket over our heads so nobody else could see what we were watching

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Doesn't she remember that Bambi's mother got shot? Just saying!
Don't remember the rest of the film, much, as I was inconsolable after seeing that as a little kid.
Other than that there was a friendly (but a bit annoying) bunny in it. Will the next kid be called 'Thumper'?
ETA: Just realized- 'Thumper Fury'! 😅
Let's hope she doesn't call the next one Dumbo if it's a boy...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.