Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must be difficult to provide adequate pain relief for someone who is already an opioid addict. I was given dihydrocodeine when I was badly injured a few years ago and it made me feel really weird - not in a good way, to want to take more than I should, and I was glad to downgrade to paracetamol after a few days. But if someone is addicted, then ordinary prescription pain aren't going to be effective, and Paul's injuries were severe. I'm not surprised he relapsed back into addiction, given the circumstances.

I still don't believe he fell down the waterfall and was attacked by wild dogs though. It's on the same scale as Brian Harvey running over himself after eating a jacket potato.
He was on Loose Women talking about it once. It felt like an awkward interview, like he was just smiley but odd.
Edit, found it.It sounds horrific, but his mannerisms are well dodgy, the laughing and lack of eye contact

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
He was on Loose Women talking about it once. It felt like an awkward interview, like he was just smiley but odd.
Edit, found it.It sounds horrific, but his mannerisms are well dodgy, the laughing and lack of eye contact
Yeah, it sounds like he's making it up as he goes along. He was up at 6.30, no he wasn't he was up at 5, he'd been to the gym, it was a moped, no it was a scooter, there were 15 dogs...

I still think he was the victim of drugs related beating and probably thrown over the waterfall.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Yeah, it sounds like he's making it up as he goes along. He was up at 6.30, no he wasn't he was up at 5, he'd been to the gym, it was a moped, no it was a scooter, there were 15 dogs...

I still think he was the victim of drugs related beating and probably thrown over the waterfall.
Yes, it was getting more and more fanciful. Some of it happened but the circumstances were dodgy. It’s his shiftiness when relaying it that piques my suspicions. I was watching it live when he gave that interview, and I thought something is up there.

Reactions: 5
I dunno, I think it sounds plausible. And the laughing...I went through a traumatic experience, and people always asked me about it. I told it as a funny story to make light of it, but I was actually quite traumatised.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I dunno, I think it sounds plausible. And the laughing...I went through a traumatic experience, and people always asked me about it. I told it as a funny story to make light of it, but I was actually quite traumatised.
Yes, I might be being too suspicious. But I remember when I watched it before, it just felt off.

He has had a stroke since then.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I saw Paul Nicholas in a theatre production of 'Barnum' and there's the bit where Barnum walks a tightrope (it was fairly low to the ground). Well, he fell off, slipped out of character and swore. Still, he got back on and nailed it the second time, bless him.

---

It must be difficult to provide adequate pain relief for someone who is already an opioid addict. I was given dihydrocodeine when I was badly injured a few years ago and it made me feel really weird - not in a good way, to want to take more than I should, and I was glad to downgrade to paracetamol after a few days. But if someone is addicted, then ordinary prescription pain aren't going to be effective, and Paul's injuries were severe. I'm not surprised he relapsed back into addiction, given the circumstances.

I still don't believe he fell down the waterfall and was attacked by wild dogs though. It's on the same scale as Brian Harvey running over himself after eating a jacket potato.
My partner was on dihydrocodeine for many years, following a motorbike accident when all his limbs were broken. I can honestly say that he went through hell coming off it and lives with the after-effects to this day. He was prescribed it legally and came off it slowly, when he decided it was doing him more harm than good and that he was addicted. However, he had a really bad reaction and the docs didn't know what to do with him because they'd never seen it before. He had a year of absolute hell.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I don’t know anything about drugs but why was he living in Thailand. Are drugs easier to access there? It’s a beautiful country, he might have just wanted a chilled life, with good weather. But wondering if a certain lifestyle could be maintained easily there.

Who knew that wild dogs couldn’t swim. That is one of the weird things he said.

Same! I always almost abducted on the street and every time I tell the story I sort of act it out and laugh but if I sit down and really think of what could have happened if a Police woman hadn't intervened I fall to pieces.

I also know someone who fell of their bike recently and lost their knee cap so I believe that bit. I know some people think that's a dead giveaway for drug beatings but it happens. Also he looks pretty healthy here and it's four months after the incident so I don't think he was on enough drugs to warrant a big debt at the time

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I don’t know anything about drugs but why was he living in Thailand. Are drugs easier to access there? It’s a beautiful country, he might have just wanted a chilled life, with good weather. But wondering if a certain lifestyle could be maintained easily there.

Who knew that wild dogs couldn’t swim. That is one of the weird things he said.
I believe the story to be honest, not sure about the natural high comments. I lived in SE Asia for years. Crazy stories happen over there far more readily than here. Old timers would often tell me 'It isn't Kansas anymore Princess!' I don't tell my hard stories often because like other posters, they are hard to believe and traumatic so I don't communicate the story clearly. I think his speech is possibly due to medication plus ptsd, you know how Kerry K was on the tv that time she slurred.

The dog packs are real. Carry a stone or stick at night you are told. I was always terrified on the way home from work and cycled as fast as I could past dog corner. And no they don't swim, I never saw a dog in the water, why? Siamese crocodiles. It really isn't kansas anymore.....

Drugs wise, well, no but yes but no. If you get caught the ramifications at that time were/are much higher. Death penalties still happen. Weed has just been legal in Thailand but it wasn't then. You tend to get different versions of drugs we get here which are manufactured in China with a molecule or so different so they cant be called what they are and are therefore legal if you see what I mean.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Off topic but for the last few years of her life my Mum was on morphine. Took it a couple of times a day. The funny thing was her GP would still prescribe her paracetamol for pain.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
. Testing
I have a good friend who always laughs when given really sad news. He just can’t help it and it seems to be his brain trying to stop him from crying. Very weird.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Same! I always almost abducted on the street and every time I tell the story I sort of act it out and laugh but if I sit down and really think of what could have happened if a Police woman hadn't intervened I fall to pieces.

I also know someone who fell of their bike recently and lost their knee cap so I believe that bit. I know some people think that's a dead giveaway for drug beatings but it happens. Also he looks pretty healthy here and it's four months after the incident so I don't think he was on enough drugs to warrant a big debt at the time
If that interview was only 4 months later, then I agree, too well to have been in that much bother about drug debt. Having read another poster’s information about Thailand then maybe it did happen the way he describes.

I’m glad to hear he’s well again and working.

Reactions: 8
The stroke must be drug related, surely? Young men don't generally have strokes.
Sadly it's false. I worked with people under 65 post-stroke with communication difficulties. One guy had been in his mid-20s when he had his stroke, a few days after he got married and on his honeymoon. Twenty years on his wife had cared for him since, and they had two beautiful daughters.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sadly it's false. I worked with people under 65 post-stroke with communication difficulties. One guy had been in his mid-20s when he had his stroke, a few days after he got married and on his honeymoon. Twenty years on his wife had cared for him since, and they had two beautiful daughters.
I honestly didn't realise strokes affected younger people, I genuinely thought it was an old person's ailment. I consider myself educated, thank you.

On another note, I was reading an article about Daniella Westbrooke - she's written her 3rd autobiography - and apparently she has bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and paranoid schizophrenia. Could any of those conditions be brought on by substance abuse? Or is it just sheer bad luck to have three severe mental illnesses all at the same time?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I honestly didn't realise strokes affected younger people, I genuinely thought it was an old person's ailment. I consider myself educated, thank you.

On another note, I was reading an article about Daniella Westbrooke - she's written her 3rd autobiography - and apparently she has bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and paranoid schizophrenia. Could any of those conditions be brought on by substance abuse? Or is it just sheer bad luck to have three severe mental illnesses all at the same time?
I'm surprised it's not schizoaffective disorder - the mixed type has the symptoms of schizophrenia, depression and mania during an episode. It has a high comorbidity (co-occurrence) with several forms of substance use disorders and with anxiety disorders.

• Heart
I'm surprised it's not schizoaffective disorder - the mixed type has the symptoms of schizophrenia, depression and mania during an episode. It has a high comorbidity (co-occurrence) with several forms of substance use disorders and with anxiety disorders.
That sounds more like it. I wonder if she's got mixed up? So would she have got the illness even if she had never used drugs or is it a result of drug use? Or perhaps she medicated her symptoms with street drugs to try to feel better. I feel really sorry for her now, it must be horrible, being so ill. Mental illness is still seen as a weakness by some people, unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Emilia Clarke had a stroke before she got famous (I think. I might be wrong sorry if I am)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.