Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure. Still listed on IMDB as one of his projects.

He was sacked from Waterloo Rd about 10 years ago, and was an unexpected no show for series 3 Ackerly Bridge in 2020, which was when he said he hit the drugs hard. Maybe he has got back on track.
The Thailand accident happened between filming series one and two of Ackley Bridge. When he recovered and came back to shoot the second series, he was abusing pain, and it soon became clear he wasn’t well enough to continue, so they wrote him out partway through the series. It then looked like he seriously relapsed for a while. He’s been cast in another school show for BBC3 (Phoenix Rising?) so hopefully he’s back in recovery.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Whats all this about Justin Beiber selling the rights to his songs for 200 mill? Artists are usually desperate to hold on to the rights, not selling them.

Reactions: 12
Whats all this about Justin Beiber selling the rights to his songs for 200 mill? Artists are usually desperate to hold on to the rights, not selling them.
I was wondering this myself! Why on earth would he do it? According to the swifties it’s all Scooter Braun’s fault. But everything is his fault according to us so 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
He's very much passed his popularity peak. Sounds like a sensible thing to do.

Reactions: 23
A lot of artists have been selling off all or part of their catalogues for large lump sums instead of continuous (but variable) income from royalties.

It's usually older artists, though, Bruce Springsteen being one. Tina Turner, I think, as well?

Reactions: 11
RE Justin Hawkins - I always laugh at the awkwardness of Rita Ora creaming her pants over his character for weeks in the Masked Singer...and then backtracking like crazy when he took his mask off!
Me too! Whenever he pops up on something it’s the first thing I think about!

I’ve always found him unconventionally attractive.

I really like his Instagram and was praising him to a friend the other day but she was having none of it, because he had a tantrum on telly about not getting the Eurovision gig years ago 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Caching up on the last thread. I worked in Harrods in the early 90s. My only real Al-Fayed gossip is that we knew he was coming on his walk round as we could hear the bagpipes leading him (yes, really). We were told not to look directly at him when he entered the department.

There were very strict rules about how women staff appeared, makeup and tights etc, no idea about the guys.

I served loads of celebs, by far the nicest was Kylie.

---

A lot of artists have been selling off all or part of their catalogues for large lump sums instead of continuous (but variable) income from royalties.

It's usually older artists, though, Bruce Springsteen being one. Tina Turner, I think, as well?
I've heard some worrying things about Tina Turner. Apparently she's very unwell. Would explain cashing in on her catalogue.

---

I was talking with my manager at lunch about celebs - she's met quite a few over the years due to family, particularly Scottish ones. She said Mike Scott of the Waterboys () was super lovely and sweet - made sure all the band got proper cuts of the music. The worst I know as 'the poisonous Irish dwarf' aka Van Morrison (she'd pinched his sandwich once), and said the nickname I heard through friends was very accurate.
Oh, Van Morris on is a notorious
bleep
. We dreaded him appearing at our venue, he was awful backstage and also very rude to audience members who were late etc.

Eta: haha, no idea how you blur a word, tried to do it with see you next Tuesday, and it's a spoiler which as a bit over dramatic. Do enlighten fellow Tattlers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Awww....we could be Just Good Friends...🤣
At Grandma's party?! He sung a song about nana's shindig 😂 😂 😂

Can they still sing them? If they do do they have to pay the person who bought the catalogue?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Can they still sing them? If they do do they have to pay the person who bought the catalogue?
Generally, you don't have to pay anyone just to perform a song, but for other uses whoever legally holds the rights has to be paid. I assume it's ironed out on a case by case basis in the contracts of sale.

Obviously, Bieber has only sold his interests. Other parties like songwriters and producers will still own whatever they did before.

Reactions: 5
Generally, you don't have to pay anyone just to perform a song, but for other uses whoever legally holds the rights has to be paid. I assume it's ironed out on a case by case basis in the contracts of sale.

Obviously, Bieber has only sold his interests. Other parties like songwriters and producers will still own whatever they did before.
Investor interest in Hipgnosis has fallen a fair bit too so he's cashed in at the right time.

Reactions: 3

Ahh, thanks Scarlet.

Reactions: 1
I’ve got a lot of love for Justin Hawkins, he strikes me as a “reformed head”, who did a whole load of dumb tit when younger but seem to have genuinely turned things around and is “back to normal now” - unlike others (see R Brand etc)
I saw him live last year my god what a voice he has! Amazing! I love his YouTube channel

Reactions: 8
[

Thank you my love. Can you also tell me the definition of the watermelon slice 🍉 in the Jack Monroe threads?
It came from Jack's insistence she could "triangulate" the trolls (her critics) and used to be a red triangle, used when a poster would give identifying information about themselves, but when a poster couldn't spot the triangle she substituted with a watermelon and the rest is history.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It came from Jack's insistence she could "triangulate" the trolls (her critics) and used to be a red triangle, used when a poster would give identifying information about themselves, but when a poster couldn't spot the triangle she substituted with a watermelon and the rest is history.
I'm a maverick, because I still use the 🔺️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The Thailand accident happened between filming series one and two of Ackley Bridge. When he recovered and came back to shoot the second series, he was abusing pain, and it soon became clear he wasn’t well enough to continue, so they wrote him out partway through the series. It then looked like he seriously relapsed for a while. He’s been cast in another school show for BBC3 (Phoenix Rising?) so hopefully he’s back in recovery.
It must be difficult to provide adequate pain relief for someone who is already an opioid addict. I was given dihydrocodeine when I was badly injured a few years ago and it made me feel really weird - not in a good way, to want to take more than I should, and I was glad to downgrade to paracetamol after a few days. But if someone is addicted, then ordinary prescription pain aren't going to be effective, and Paul's injuries were severe. I'm not surprised he relapsed back into addiction, given the circumstances.

I still don't believe he fell down the waterfall and was attacked by wild dogs though. It's on the same scale as Brian Harvey running over himself after eating a jacket potato.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.