Secret Celeb Gossip #62

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve waited over 30 years for this. Please help an old 80s chick who never knew how to pronounce his surname. Is it Ga-hAN, Gayhan, Gaan, Gayn?? If I ever refer to him I just say Davegghhnn and hope no one notices!
Apparently it's pronounced Gahn and the second a is silent, but I've always pronounced it as Gah-hun in my head because it's easier 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Re: onlyfans I’m surprised the Daily Mail hasn’t paid for subscription to some celebrities pages and reported what they are doing. Surely if the Kerry eating poop story is true, then they would at least leak it?
Maybe poop and leak shouldn’t be the same sentence…🤢
Said this many threads ago but I've always suspected the Daily Mail and OnlyFans are affiliated in some way - they went out of their way to advertise OF a few years ago, till they've now become super-popular (with pervs, mainly).

As for DM, I always kinda liked Martin. Though I doubt I could have kept up with any of them at the height of their partying heyday. Neil Tennant said they partied pretty hard even when he was on tour with them for Smash Hits in the early 1980s. Something akin to, got drunk, stayed up late, had fun, did a few bleary hours on stage, rinse and repeat.

Got the feeling Alan Wilder was very unappreciated and seemed one of the more serious band members (in a good way, taking on board studio responsibilities and pulling his weight musically and on PR stints).

I always pronounce it Gahhn as well!

If you need a reminder of the stupid situations cheesy European music shows put you in (in the 1980s/90s) - Depeche Mode singing with chickens, and a snogging couple in a haybarn, is probably a good example (doubt they'd get away with televising any of that now):

I've always liked "See You". Think Martin wrote it when he was a young teen!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I googled all of the terms and made my husband look too. I've been in hospital for two days. Home now but think I've made myself ill again 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'll let him tell you around 1 min 5 secs in:

I am going to resist Googling these terms to Lorraine and her growler, or the Pringles one!

Reactions: 4
Speaking of Dave Gahan, apparently he does have a Prince Albert, and he said in an interview, he pees like a watering can 😆

Might have been a while ago on his Wikipedia, it shows an image of someone’s 😝

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Speaking of Dave Gahan, apparently he does have a Prince Albert, and he said in an interview, he pees like a watering can 😆

Might have been a while ago on his Wikipedia, it shows an image of someone’s 😝
I remember Tony Wright of Terrorvision had his nipples pierced live on Radio 1 when 'How to Make Friends and Influence People' went silver. He is a chum on Farcebook, so maybe should ask him for any gossip!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve waited over 30 years for this. Please help an old 80s chick who never knew how to pronounce his surname. Is it Ga-hAN, Gayhan, Gaan, Gayn?? If I ever refer to him I just say Davegghhnn and hope no one notices!
Hallo from a fellow 80s (Duranie) chick! It’s Dave Garn as far as I know, ie one syllable. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love 80s music. I have to admit I find Nick Heyward foxy now, far more than the 80s...think it's the maturity and perhaps glasses!
I used to work in a shop in South Kensington when Nick was in his heyday featuring on Top of the Pops with all the singles. He used to live nearby and come in regularly. A lovely guy. We just treated him as a normal guy (he was catnip to female fans for a while), and he used to seek out my boss, the owner, to look at maps to plot his driving to gigs. We had an American girl working there temporarily and we told her he was a famous muscian and a heartthrob- she thought we were pulling her leg, he was so normal. We used to get young girls waiting outside our shop to see if he came in. He is more attractive now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
One of husband's clients works on film sets. He asked him to spill about who was an hole and he said it was actually a struggle to think of someone. He doesn't work really closely with actors like an MUA would. Said Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins were lovely. Sean Harris (the bad guy in Mission Impossible 5) was the only one he could think of who was difficult. He was method acting and playing a terrorist, which seems like an excuse to be an arse.

My MIL has bumped into Si of The Hairy Bikers twice while he was food shopping. This was during full lockdown so it was a bump from a distance, but even though he was just getting on with things (fair enough to not want to be disturbed), he was really nice and chatty. They took a socially-distanced photo. The second time she took this piss out of him needing a tiny plaster on his finger. My MIL will talk to anyone she likes in exactly the same way, famous or not, and said he was thoroughly down to earth and took a joke. I think I've said hello to him on a local country path where you acknowledge people walking by. Some people look at you like you're about to hand them human tit but - if this was Si - he was one who says a polite hello back.

Cliff Richard - in the early 60s my grandad worked at Blackpool Tower as a bellboy and in nearby cafes. Recalling this, he sneered at the memory of Cliff Richard as incredibly arrogant.

My dad went to secondary school with football referee Graham Pole. Said he was "a prat". Not as in a bit silly - he clearly didn't like him back then.

Reactions: 15
I think if I worked on a film set and there was a method actor around still in character between takes, I’d piss myself laughing.

This is why I don’t work on a film set, I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.