Secret Celeb Gossip #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one is pretty horrible. A lead singer from a North-Eastern indie band got my friend pregnant and ghosted her until she had an abortion. He then got in contact with her, just to say she was to have no more contact with him. She was 17.

Another one - the lead singer from Franz ferdinand ended up having a girlfriend a few years back who was considerably younger than him (she was early 20's he was mid 30's) he was a controlling bastard. Awful.

A model friend went out with Johnny Borrel from Razorlight. They learned that paps were waiting outside the doors of a place they were at. He walked to the door with her (to face the paps) and at the last minute pushed her through and ran back another way out of an exit door. Didnt tell her what he was doing, just let her face them herself. Broke up with him soon after.
I am impressed with your indie gossip. There are too many options for the bastard in your first story though.

I have a similar story. I once vaguely knew a girl who was very cagey about her boyfriend. She talked about meeting him when he was DJing and they’d been together ever since. But they never lived together despite being together for years.

Then we lost touch 8-9 years ago and I found out from a mutual friend that her “boyfriend” was actually the singer in a once-popular Britpop band. She was just one of many side pieces who stuck with him even after he got married. But this man was the only “boyfriend” she’d ever had. She wasted her best years on him: the whole of her twenties/early 30s gratefully accepting the occasional booty call. I still wonder whether she ever got rid of him.

Could never listen to Slight Return after that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
This one is pretty horrible. A lead singer from a North-Eastern indie band got my friend pregnant and ghosted her until she had an abortion. He then got in contact with her, just to say she was to have no more contact with him. She was 17.

Another one - the lead singer from Franz ferdinand ended up having a girlfriend a few years back who was considerably younger than him (she was early 20's he was mid 30's) he was a controlling bastard. Awful.

A model friend went out with Johnny Borrel from Razorlight. They learned that paps were waiting outside the doors of a place they were at. He walked to the door with her (to face the paps) and at the last minute pushed her through and ran back another way out of an exit door. Didnt tell her what he was doing, just let her face them herself. Broke up with him soon after.
Johnny Borrell is one hell of a cock. He got signed to a label a few years back that a famous UK producer owned only because the producer's daughter wanted to shag him.

Pete Doherty used to be very fond of giving young female fans heroin and doing a runner if they OD'd. Happened to someone I know on the beach in Brighton.

Russell Brand used to be very manipulative to his young female fans, treating them like a harem, with very questionable behaviour going on, inconsistent with the public image he gives out these days.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I am impressed with your indie gossip. There are too many options for the bastard in your first story though.

I have a similar story. I once vaguely knew a girl who was very cagey about her boyfriend. She talked about meeting him when he was DJing and they’d been together ever since. But they never lived together despite being together for years.

Then we lost touch 8-9 years ago and I found out from a mutual friend that her “boyfriend” was actually the singer in a once-popular Britpop band. She was just one of many side pieces who stuck with him even after he got married. But this man was the only “boyfriend” she’d ever had. She wasted her best years on him: the whole of her twenties/early 30s gratefully accepting the occasional booty call. I still wonder whether she ever got rid of him.

Could never listen to Slight Return after that.
Mark Morris was notorious for this. I have lots of small bits of indie band gossip but not sure if its too niche for on here.

Reactions: 22
I tried to call out someone’s hateful views on trans people but I think someone deleted my posts 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also I love indie band gossip!

Reactions: 6
Would love to really know what went on with Nicole and Katie Holmes... US papers gossip was that Katie was terrified he d make Suri be scientology educated/indoctrinated at their huge camp and remove her from her normal NY school. Also been reported Tom not seen her since she was 7 as she s now categorised as a "suppressive person" and true scientologists have no contact with suppressives. Hollywood goss sites also said Nicole refused to join scientology .. The cruise adoptive kids educated in the scientology campus and rumour has it that's why they don't see Nicole cos she's a suppressive person. All reported gossip I know but to call it a religion feels odd when it believes in RL Hubbard and aliens🤷
Katie Holmes’ dad is a lawyers and allegedly he helped her arrange all of the divorce in secret behind his back and then she sprung it on him whilst in NY. Scientology is a cruel religion involving hours of auditing and there are lots of documented accounts of the horrors experienced by leavers of the faith (Leah Remini is worth googling - JLos best mate and prev Scientologist). David Miscavige is the head and he is Tom’s best mate. Tom is apparently second in command to him. And David’s wife hasn’t been seen publicly for years and there are all sorts of rumours as to her being missing. Given Tom is so high up in the church it’s highly likely he doesn’t see Suri due to her now being a suppressive.
Also - apparently the reason Katie H and Jamie F kept their relationship not very well hidden for years was because Tom had a clause in their divorce that meant she couldn’t publicly date anyone for 5 years after the divorce..,

Reactions: 16
ok here's some, It mostly just involves getting drunk with them though!

A promoter friend dumped Serg from Kasabian in favour of some dweeb in a local band to us. They were literally fighting over her for a while.
All of the Libertines were friendly and polite especially Carl. Pete would always have some drugged up heroin chic ladies in his dressing room but he did give me his favourite chas n dave vinyl that I still have. Pete and Carl did have a habit of snogging girls who asked for a photo though. Thing is nobody minded in those circles.
Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) was a miserable arse who told me he would never do drugs and hated celebrity culture. This was before he got with Alexa Chung and developed that weird american accent. The other band members are lovely though.
The Strokes are really straight laced these days and not pervy at all anymore. Nik Valensi is friendly. Julian Casablancas just likes to play on his X box and get an early night when on tour.
A friend slept with a member of Jet (the drummer I think) and he stalked her for a while. She blocked his number.
We got drunk with the Vaselines and the singer was telling us he wasnt sure if he was gay or not..this was a few years ago
Tim Burgess was nice but always fucked up on coke.
We hung out with Franz Ferdinand after a coulple of gigs but they were heavily into drugs, which was well known and it was a real turn off

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Please ask a moderator to step in if the thread is being derailed by hitting the report button, do not moderate yourself. - Please read our rules and why they're important
Jesus Christ again, this really isn't the place for arguments about trans issues. 99% of us on this thread aren't here for that. Bloody hell I'd rather go back to discussing whether Prince Philip is Greek, German, bleeping Jamaican or Indian 🙄

ok here's some, It mostly just involves getting drunk with them though!

A promoter friend dumped Serg from Kasabian in favour of some dweeb in a local band to us. They were literally fighting over her for a while.
All of the Libertines were friendly and polite especially Carl. Pete would always have some drugged up heroin chic ladies in his dressing room but he did give me his favourite chas n dave vinyl that I still have. Pete and Carl did have a habit of snogging girls who asked for a photo though. Thing is nobody minded in those circles.
Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) was a miserable arse who told me he would never do drugs and hated celebrity culture. This was before he got with Alexa Chung and developed that weird american accent. The other band members are lovely though.
The Strokes are really straight laced these days and not pervy at all anymore. Nik Valensi is friendly. Julian Casablancas just likes to play on his X box and get an early night when on tour.
A friend slept with a member of Jet (the drummer I think) and he stalked her for a while. She blocked his number.
We got drunk with the Vaselines and the singer was telling us he wasnt sure if he was gay or not..this was a few years ago
Tim Burgess was nice but always fucked up on coke.
We hung out with Franz Ferdinand after a coulple of gigs but they were heavily into drugs, which was well known and it was a real turn off
HaHa I done coke with Alex Turner in the early days. So his stance didn’t last long. That being said, even on gear he was miserable. Him and Miles Kane are horrible. I first met Miles when he was in the little flames. He was a cock then.
So full of their own self importance it’s dreary.

I once puked on Alex from Fran Ferdinand's shoes. Not my finest hour. Too much beer and super strong ecstasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Mark Morris was notorious for this. I have lots of small bits of indie band gossip but not sure if its too niche for on here.
Apparently he had quite the harem, which was a big shock to me. I mean, he’s hardly a rock god. Weedy looking, reedy voice...

I doubt your gossip will be too niche for me, so I vote spill 🤣

Reactions: 10
Franz Ferdinand made it big in my first year of uni in Glasgow. There was a rumour that Alex hit his gf. I met him a few times in clubs through pals and he was always pleasant. Which I know doesn't mean he's not a c*nt behind closed doors!

Reactions: 2
Wow was talking last night about an old friend we haven’t seen for years and this came back to me,in Sheffield in the late 80’s he met Jimmy Somerville of the high pitched voice fame in a wine bar thing and said I love your music Jimmy I bought my wife your album for her birthday last week,Jimmy got really stroppy about not being able to relax with friends etc luckily he still had the receipt and swoped it for a Human League album the next day.
same guy was in Ireland at some point and saw Gabriel Byrne in the corner of a little old Irish pub Gabriel just happened to be in his favourite movie The Usual Suspects so he goes over sticks his hand out says hi Mr Byrne your in my fa.... Mr Byrne growls Fek Off !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.