Secret Celeb Gossip #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I know is years ago a friend was out with some mates and our group kinda overlapped with Girls Aloud and their mates so they ended up sat in the VIP area of a club. A girl bringing drinks over accidentally spilled one near (not on) Cheryl and Cheryl kicked off like a right overreacting chav spoiling for a scrap. I don't use the word "chav" in a derogatory sense at all as it's a bit close to home haha but apparently she was acting like a right hooligan and a bully.
It's one thing to stick uo for yourself but threatening to glass someone and put their eyes out is another thing altogether
Never cared for her since.
I also have mutual friends with Ashley Cole and their marriage apparently was troubled by a) Ash being a child and b) her mum living with them.
They stayed close long after the marriage ended though.
That's good enough tea for me. I don't like how she got away in the media and her persona for being so innocent and poor old Cheryl always. She is very lucky how famous she once was and the way she was made out to be the nation's sweetheart. Most celebs would be thrown under the bus. She definitely did love Ashley and prob took forever to get over him, I think ever since she's tried to fill that void and really wanted the fairytale romance ending with him. I know in her book she said that after they split she would have him over to her house she lived in with him and he was spotted going there also. I remember one of Ashley's girlfriends at the time coming out saying that Ashley told her Cheryl may be pretty but she was void of any real personality and they never really got time together as he was playing football and she was busy with GA. I also can't imagine it is nice seeing Ashley has moved on and settled down with that Italian woman and had children with her, it must have stung Cheryl a little.

I can't imagine any marriage ends well having the MIL living in with them 🙈 Thanks for the ☕!

Reactions: 15
I think she has an attractive face, good hair and face plus a good figure. Don't overlook the body!

Ruby Bhogal is movie star good looking, but Candice Brown is definitely the hot teacher type.
Lots of people have good figures, though. Personally if I say someone is good looking I am talking about their face rather than their figure. I think Candace has a sour face, always pulling that cat bottom face. Really hardfaced.

That's good enough tea for me. I don't like how she got away in the media and her persona for being so innocent and poor old Cheryl always. She is very lucky how famous she once was and the way she was made out to be the nation's sweetheart. Most celebs would be thrown under the bus. She definitely did love Ashley and prob took forever to get over him, I think ever since she's tried to fill that void and really wanted the fairytale romance ending with him. I know in her book she said that after they split she would have him over to her house she lived in with him and he was spotted going there also. I remember one of Ashley's girlfriends at the time coming out saying that Ashley told her Cheryl may be pretty but she was void of any real personality and they never really got time together as he was playing football and she was busy with GA. I can't imagine any marriage ends well having the MIL living in with them 🙈 Thanks for the ☕!
It really really annoys me that she got away with it and earned the title 'Nation's Sweetheart' (although I don't think that anyone would think of her that way now) I suspect that it is because Britain is such a racist nation. Think about it, she beat up a Black woman and was cheated on by a half Black husband. I strongly suspect that if Ashley had been white, she wouldn't have got nearly so much sympathy. I think that the sort of knuckledraggers that hate anyone whose ancestors didn't predate William the Conqueror probably resented Ashley for stealing 'Newcastle's Flower' or some such tripe. I really can't think of any other explanation for the extraordinary fame she enjoyed post GA. Sure she is pretty, but I don't personally think she was even the prettiest in the band. I think there must have been more to it than just looks, and racism is sadly my best guess.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Lots of people have good figures, though. Personally if I say someone is good looking I am talking about their face rather than their figure. I think Candace has a sour face, always pulling that cat bottom face. Really hardfaced.
Lots of people have good figures and lots of people find good figures attractive. You may judge just by a face, but different people will have their own preferences.

I'll also note that I mentioned more than just her figure. Candice has a conventionally attractive face and good hair.

A lot of her target audience aka Families are struggling to make ends meet, have lost their jobs, had benefits reduced and even had missed out on financial support from the government… then here she is taking the absolute piss with 300k in the bank then being able to claim another 30k to pay her ‘employees’. If she wasn’t relatable before then she definitely isn’t now 😂

But even if she donates the reputations damage has been done!
Wow thats hypocritical of her!
There are situations when you do not need to take furlough and I believe she doesnt especially considering her job and her partners etc.
I never did this nor did my partner and I definately do not have their income.

Has she suddenly spoken out on that?

I believe furlough is a great thing when used correctly.

However I think the goverment needs to look at school/college and uni families where there is often no money for internet, books and laptops etc... there needs to be some payment/bursaries/vouchers to assist these struggles too.
Sorry probably for another thread .

Reactions: 4

It really really annoys me that she got away with it and earned the title 'Nation's Sweetheart' (although I don't think that anyone would think of her that way now) I suspect that it is because Britain is such a racist nation. Think about it, she beat up a Black woman and was cheated on by a half Black husband. I strongly suspect that if Ashley had been white, she wouldn't have got nearly so much sympathy. I think that the sort of knuckledraggers that hate anyone whose ancestors didn't predate William the Conqueror probably resented Ashley for stealing 'Newcastle's Flower' or some such tripe. I really can't think of any other explanation for the extraordinary fame she enjoyed post GA. Sure she is pretty, but I don't personally think she was even the prettiest in the band. I think there must have been more to it than just looks, and racism is sadly my best guess.
I forgot about that racist and violent issue.
I dont know the details and Ive read them before and it sounds like hell for the victim. Did she ever speak out?

Perhaps she should stay behind the scenes. Music career died for her a while ago.

Yes she is pretty, but you cant survive on that everyone can acheive beauty these days.

Maybe Cheryl needs to confront her racist past if she wants to move forward as I think it seems to keep resurfacing and rightly so as I think it was swiftly brushed away. I never read about it Ive just heard from others.

Reactions: 4
Lots of people have good figures and lots of people find good figures attractive. You may judge just by a face, but different people will have their own preferences.

I'll also note that I mentioned more than just her figure. Candice has a conventionally attractive face and good hair.
Agree to disagree? As you say, everyone has different preferences. To me, Candice is plain but to others she may be beautiful. To each their own.

I dont know the details and Ive read them before and it sounds like hell for the victim. Did she ever speak out?

Perhaps she should stay behind the scenes. Music career died for her a while ago.

Yes she is pretty, but you cant survive on that everyone can acheive beauty these days.

Maybe Cheryl needs to confront her racist past if she wants to move forward as I think it seems to keep resurfacing and rightly so as I think it was swiftly brushed away. I never read about it Ive just heard from others.
I think that a lot of her problem as well is that GA were just at the cusp of when social media was a thing. I think if she had come to fame even a few years later the nightclub incident would have been a much bigger deal and may well have been career ending. I also think that if she had become famous in the instagram age, her looks wouldn't have given her nearly such an edge. That sort of showgirl prettiness is dime a dozen these days but was slightly rarer then.

Reactions: 10

According to Cheryl in her book, Sophie came up to her and became gobby and aggressive and punched her out of nowhere. I found that hard to believe that a toilet attendant would punch someone out of nowhere, but on another forum (maybe even this one?) people said they used to frequent the Drink nightclub around the time Sophie was working there and apparently Sophie would start trouble or being aggressive for no real reason. I'm on the fence about whether it was racist or not, we will never know for sure I guess, but for certain when she first met Ashley she knew that it would untaint her image of being racist by dating an ethnic man and going on to marry him. It doesn't help when people like the poster above say their friends have experienced Cheryl being gobby in a nightclub. It seems Cheryl and drink don't mix very well and Cheryl should put 2 and 2 together and perhaps realise that she's quick to anger when drunk and do something about it.
20210614_152509.jpg

According to Cheryl in her book, Sophie came up to her and became gobby and aggressive and punched her out of nowhere. I found that hard to believe that a toilet attendant would punch someone out of nowhere, but on another forum (maybe even this one?) people said they used to frequent the Drink nightclub around the time Sophie was working there and apparently Sophie would start trouble or being aggressive for no real reason. I'm on the fence about whether it was racist or not, we will never know for sure I guess, but for certain when she first met Ashley she knew that it would untaint her image of being racist by dating an ethnic man and going on to marry him. It doesn't help when people like the poster above say their friends have experienced Cheryl being gobby in a nightclub. It seems Cheryl and drink don't mix very well and Cheryl should put 2 and 2 together and perhaps realise that she's quick to anger when drunk and do something about it.View attachment 617174
Yeah, no. I don't believe this version of events for a second. Nor did the judge and jury. I think that others on the GA thread said that Sophie was mean and passive aggressive, not that she was violent. Obviously Cheryl isn't going to say in her autobiography 'I was drunk out of my face, someone looked at me the wrong way so I punched them'. I am not saying that she is for sure a racist, she actually strikes me as being an equal opportunity thug. My point about racism was more that because the UK is racist her fanbase probably wouldn't care if the incident was racially motivated or not, and her having a mixed race husband who cheated on her got her more sympathy. It certainly didn't from me, nobody deserves to be cheated on, of course, but she sure milked it for every last drop of sympathy and got an entirely undeserved 'nation's sweetheart' title out of it so she didn't do too badly in the end.

Reactions: 21
Yeah, no. I don't believe this version of events for a second. Nor did the judge and jury. I think that others on the GA thread said that Sophie was mean and passive aggressive, not that she was violent. Obviously Cheryl isn't going to say in her autobiography 'I was drunk out of my face, someone looked at me the wrong way so I punched them'. I am not saying that she is for sure a racist, she actually strikes me as being an equal opportunity thug. My point about racism was more that because the UK is racist her fanbase probably wouldn't care if the incident was racially motivated or not, and her having a mixed race husband who cheated on her got her more sympathy. It certainly didn't from me, nobody deserves to be cheated on, of course, but she sure milked it for every last drop of sympathy and got an entirely undeserved 'nation's sweetheart' title out of it so she didn't do too badly in the end.
The UK being racist or not is a whole other debate that I'm not personally going to get in to, although I can see how passionate you are about us all being racists. It's unfair to call a whole country racist and also unfair and singling English people out as all bad as a whole.... Personally all I was saying is I don't know whether to believe her being racist or not. It is one word against the other, not that I condone or defend her actions that night. And I've certainly seen people say on a forum that Sophie could be antagonistic to members of the public, people that aren't associated with Cheryl in any way and generally drank in there. If that is true, that doesn't make Sophie's actions towards members of the public OK, either.

Reactions: 10
The UK being racist or not is a whole other debate that I'm not personally going to get in to, although I can see how passionate you are about us all being racists. It's unfair to call a whole country racist and also unfair and singling English people out as all bad as a whole.... Personally all I was saying is I don't know whether to believe her being racist or not. It is one word against the other, not that I condone or defend her actions that night. And I've certainly seen people say on a forum that Sophie could be antagonistic to members of the public, people that aren't associated with Cheryl in any way and generally drank in there. If that is true, that doesn't make Sophie's actions towards members of the public OK, either.
Sorry but this seems like a complete defense of Cheryl, even if you don't intend it as such. Do you really think that Cheryl, who had a team of expensive lawyers behind her, would have lost the case if she hadn't been guilty. I'm not defending Sophie being bitchy, but there is a world of difference between being 'antagonistic' and bashing someone's face in to the extent that their eye swells up. As for the UK being racist, sorry the truth hurts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry but this seems like a complete defense of Cheryl, even if you don't intend it as such. Do you really think that Cheryl, who had a team of expensive lawyers behind her, would have lost the case if she hadn't been guilty. I'm not defending Sophie being bitchy, but there is a world of difference between being 'antagonistic' and bashing someone's face in to the extent that their eye swells up. As for the UK being racist, sorry the truth hurts.
I'm not defending Cheryl at all, in fact, I've made many criticisms about her. She is not perfect and is in my opinion, a thug. But you and I weren't there that night, nobody knows for sure and all I've said is I personally am unsure whether she was or wasn't racist. You're quick to wanting to paint us all as racist and clearly want to push one agenda. I'm white English born and bred and I hate racism so you aren't speaking on behalf of me. I like people to be proven racist and other things, not heresay, as it can ruin people's lives chav or not chav.

Reactions: 12
A jury found her guilty and they heard all the evidence.

Sophie’s personality/actions away from that event in the toilet are neither here nor there. If I remember rightly her face was a real mess after Biffa attacked her.

Reactions: 18
A jury found her guilty and they heard all the evidence.

Sophie’s personality/actions away from that event in the toilet are neither here nor there. If I remember rightly her face was a real mess after Biffa attacked her.
Yep, what she did was disgusting and even if she was defending herself that night, she clearly went overboard with self defense. She rightly deserved her conviction.

Reactions: 7
I agree with this, also black and mixed race women are always tarred with the “angry and aggressive” brush when they are constant victims of racist and colourist behaviour. I wonder how many of the people who accused this Sophie lady of being antogonistic were white ?
My children are mixed race from a wealthy upbringing and area in west London yet still get judged as being “ghetto” or “too loud” in certain shops and restaurants. Society is programmed to subconsciously at times see people of colour as being less than or unable to behave respectfully. Sad but true.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I agree with this, also black and mixed race women are always tarred with the “angry and aggressive” brush when they are constant victims of racist and colourist behaviour. I wonder how many of the people who accused this Sophie lady of being antogonistic were white ?
My children are mixed race from a wealthy upbringing and area in west London yet still get judged as being “ghetto” or “too loud” in certain shops and restaurants. Society is programmed to subconsciously at times see people of colour as being less than or unable to behave respectfully. Sad but true.
So every time a white person gets in to a fight with a mixed race person, they're automatically racist and the white person is all bad? Is that not racist itself?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So every time a white person gets in to a fight with a mixed race person, they're automatically racist and the white person is all bad? Is that not racist itself?
This is whataboutism. I always find it very telling that whenever someone talks about racism, there is ALWAYS someone jumping out of the woodwork to say how it isn't really a thing. It is so very tiring (I say this as a mixed race woman) I am done with tiptoeing around white people assuring them that they aren't being racist and coddling their feelings. If that offends you, so be it. Sorry not sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Moving on - remember when Cheryl married the French bloke that looked like her Mum?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.