Secret Celeb Gossip #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have all Russell Brand's celeb mates ditched him from his time in LA? I noticed Noel Gallagher doesn't mention him anymore and seems to pretend he's been best mates with Matt Morgan all along (I know they've been friends for ages as well though)

Reactions: 5
I can understand why people don’t like Stephen Fry, I wouldn’t call myself a fan, but I’ll never forget his documentary about bipolar, it was back in 2006 (and still referred to as “manic depression“), the guy has really struggled with it, and I felt for him. He spoke to lots of people, including Carrie Fisher.
So I’ll always have a soft spot for him for taking about, and explaining mental illness at a time when it wasn’t talked about as much.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Urgh, I cannot STAND the man. He got visibly irritated if anyone intelligent was on QI. For some reason he just makes me shudder.

With the Russell Brand call to Sachs, I actually thought Ross came off worse in that. Was he the one who shouted in the background "he shagged your granddaughter!". For a man who's been in the public eye for a good while he really should've known better. Not that I like Brand, I just thought that was appalling from Ross.
I agree.

I always enjoyed Ross's show too, thought he was good at letting guests enjoy themselves and have lighthearted fun. Was really put off him by the Sachs incident, especially as it showed him palling up with Brand, who I hated on first sight.

I knew someone who worked on a foreign edition of one of Brand's books and as such worked with him and she said something along the lines of what people have said upthread - that he's utterly glib to the nth degree, talks to hear himself talking, and cannot recall what he's even said or professed to believe even minutes after he's said it. Basically throws words at the wall and kind of steamrollers his way along not giving anyone the chance to interrogate what he's said.

Reactions: 16
So it’s all coming out about Noel Clarke and John Barrowman.

But I feel like “it’s all been coming out” for Russell Brand for the last ten years (at least), but nothing sticks. It really bothers me that he’s tried to reinvent himself as this guru persona.
At first I thought he had good intentions, but honestly now I think it’s all a facade and he’s still the same creep underneath.

Reactions: 19

But I feel like “it’s all been coming out” for Russell Brand for the last ten years (at least), but nothing sticks. It really bothers me that he’s tried to reinvent himself as this guru persona.
At first I thought he had good intentions, but honestly now I think it’s all a facade and he’s still the same creep underneath.
I kind of get the feeling with Brand that he genuinely doesn't see how he is as being creepy. So maybe more a lack of self awareness than actual malice as such, but that doesn't excuse it.

Reactions: 12

Nothing sticks because his lawyers always threaten to sue any newspaper about to run an expose on him.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He’s
I kind of get the feeling with Brand that he genuinely doesn't see how he is as being creepy. So maybe more a lack of self awareness than actual malice as such, but that doesn't excuse it.
He’s probably a narcissist, doesn’t care or even recognise other people’s feelings.
Hopefully they’ll get around to Stephen K. Amos too!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nothing sticks because his lawyers always threaten to sue any newspaper about to run an expose on him.
This infuriates me though that some can bury everything yet others have their lives ruined on hearsay. (Don’t get me wrong if it’s substantiated then fine). Different rules for different celebs .... I don’t understand it.
Bill Wyman. David Bowie. Beckham shags about all over yet Rebecca Loos is the baddy. Why? How can some chuck money at it and it goes away but others can’t?? Legal?

Reactions: 13
With the Russell Brand call to Sachs, I actually thought Ross came off worse in that. Was he the one who shouted in the background "he shagged your granddaughter!". For a man who's been in the public eye for a good while he really should've known better. Not that I like Brand, I just thought that was appalling from Ross.
I agree Ross seemed to instigate the whole thing and Brand was like a snivelling easily led 13yr old giving it large cos Uncle Wossy is cool.

Have all Russell Brand's celeb mates ditched him from his time in LA? I noticed Noel Gallagher doesn't mention him anymore and seems to pretend he's been best mates with Matt Morgan all along (I know they've been friends for ages as well though)
I think he used to irritate Morgan quite a bit because he had grown up humour wise and Brand hadn't.

Reactions: 5
Could be, I suppose. I don't think she was ever married though, and some of the stuff she's said re: sexuality doesn't point to someone deep enough in the closet to get an injunction about it.
She was married, the divorce was acrimonious.

Reactions: 1
Just watching the Demi Lovato documentary series and wondering if anyone has any ideas of who it was that raped her when she was 15. I assume it was a Disney actor around 2007/8
I worry she’s not going to end up with a happy ending. Was addicted to hard drugs, she said she was sober but now she’s ‘California Sober’ so only drinks alcohol and smokes weed. If I had as many near missed as she has I wouldn’t be drinking or smoking anything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Haa anyone read this on Twitter this morning:

A widely shared story about Billy Connolly telling off Russell Brand for asking an assistant to expose herself on a set is 'a total invention' according to a 2012 interview with Connolly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Haa anyone read this on Twitter this morning:

A widely shared story about Billy Connolly telling off Russell Brand for asking an assistant to expose herself on a set is 'a total invention' according to a 2012 interview with Connolly.
It kind of fits withe the rape claims having no substance

Reactions: 4
Well well Ryan Giggs doesn't mess about,new love and she's drop dead gorgeous.
Would you even consider it given what hes been charged with.
If you're a multi millionaire famous person then bimbos look past you being a woman beater because being with them you don't have to worry about money and your profile rises being in the public eye.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I worry she’s not going to end up with a happy ending. Was addicted to hard drugs, she said she was sober but now she’s ‘California Sober’ so only drinks alcohol and smokes weed. If I had as many near missed as she has I wouldn’t be drinking or smoking anything.
As Elton John says, if you're an addict moderation doesn't work. I was really shocked by that when she said she smokes weed and drinks when that's how the last spiral started. But at the same time I admire her for not hiding it. I don't think she is as at peace as she makes out. Same as you, I can't see a happy ending and when I finished watching it I was like... ok I can expect to see a devastating headline about her.

I knew Amy Winehouse, acquaintances, not best mates or anything and the whole miserable on tour and overdose story reminded me so much of Amy. And you know how her story ended. Demi is very very very lucky to still be here and I hope I'm wrong that dabbling in milder drugs will only lead to harm for her.

I do kind of get where she's coming from, doing things in extremes seems to do her no good and she's trying to find balance but I can't see it ending well

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
As Elton John says, if you're an addict moderation doesn't work. I was really shocked by that when she said she smokes weed and drinks when that's how the last spiral started. But at the same time I admire her for not hiding it. I don't think she is as at peace as she makes out. Same as you, I can't see a happy ending and when I finished watching it I was like... ok I can expect to see a devastating headline about her.

I knew Amy Winehouse, acquaintances, not best mates or anything and the whole miserable on tour and overdose story reminded me so much of Amy. And you know how her story ended. Demi is very very very lucky to still be here and I hope I'm wrong that dabbling in milder drugs will only lead to harm for her.

I do kind of get where she's coming from, doing things in extremes seems to do her no good and she's trying to find balance but I can't see it ending well
Quoting Elton John is one of those things that will age badly....when hopefully everything is properly exposed about him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.