Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Moira Stewart is with Hyacinth Bucket.

Pauline Quirke came into work one day and she was absolutely lovely, we were all charmed by her. Cheap though, she only wanted to look at seconds/bargain bin stuff.
I like her even more now! The 50p rail in the charity shop is my favourite place to browse - I can't wait for lockdown to end so I can go shopping!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

petitspois

VIP Member
I read his thread here a few days ago, its old and was full of speculation about his/wife/child illness.
I find him very funny, one of my fav comedians. But....he comes across badly when he's not performing. His appearances on chat shows really have turned me off him, I believe people when they say he's unpleasant in real life, though it saddens me.
I thought he came across poorly too. Didn't seem to be able to take a joke on Jonathan Ross. The old 'can give it out but can't take it' adage came to mind.

I think there's a real hierarchy to comedians with some being more highly thought of than others. Ultimately though, as long as they aren't pinching jokes then if they're popular then fair enough really.

The one exception to that though has to be Brendan O'Carroll. Who on earth watches Mrs Brown's Boys?

• Heart
  • Haha

Crunky_Snack

My boyfriend is in the music industry, and lots of his mates have some pretty big connections with bands/crew/labels etc. There’s a very famous British singer who’s widely known throughout the music industry to be secretly battling cancer, there’s no way I’ll reveal on here as I’d feel awful about it but it’s so crazy to me how well hidden it is!

I hate finding out stuff like this cos I really shouldn’t know about it and it feels so wrong 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Yeah, I think Claire King has been thrown under the bus there. Her remarks were taken out of context and as someone up thread said she has been used as clickbait. At no point was she saying that Leah deserved to die. As an aside, I've been watching Classic Emmerdale in lockdown and Leah was SO naturally beautiful.

Cops&robbers

Simon Cowell in the news for an alleged public argument.

This sounds awful but you know when someone receives a face transplant after a horrible accident. And it looks very much like a dead person’s face because it can’t move?

It doesn’t look good Simon

• Haha
Reactions: 24

lalalanded

VIP Member
She looks a whole lot older (and fatter) in real life. She also thinks she's a bigger star than she is. But at least she's polite unlike the now deceased Cilla Black, and still alive Esther Rantzen.
I swear Cilla Black and Esther Rantzen are two people you NEVER hear a good word about. For a long time I always wondered if this was because neither of them are oil paintings but now I'm convinced they are just complete c*nts :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
I’d love to see an impressionist go on and “do” impressions of a matey oversized forheaded presenter nearly killing a young mum and kiddie whilst off his nut, agreeing to press bullying his wife. Then shagging Amanda as an encore. They could also have an un-usually high trouser waisted posh but sinister Mr Big, colluding with Max Clifford to hide his and his acts sexuality. Then paying out money to his good friend and sex offender Jonathan King, after he got out!
That would take the smirks from their botoxed faces.

• Heart
  • Haha

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Is anyone watching the Max Clifford documentary? I wonder if Simon Cowell was a regular at his sex parties?
Yes filthy perv. What a hypocrite. I'd love to know why Simon Cowell was paying him £250k a year. What was he keeping out of the newspapers!

• Sad
Reactions: 23

annapolly

I swear Cilla Black and Esther Rantzen are two people you NEVER hear a good word about. For a long time I always wondered if this was because neither of them are oil paintings but now I'm convinced they are just complete c*nts :LOL:
I always get Esther Rantzen confused with Edwina Currie which has caused some confused looks when I am adamant that the former had an affair with John Major. My mother (who is as terrible with names as me) keeps calling John Major a dirty dog because I’ve confused her and now she believes he had two mistresses on the go...whoops!

• Haha

MunHun

VIP Member
I don't remember Jade bullying anyone in the first series. The bulling I remember was the celebrity one years later. I think in the first one she was just very loud and hyper and a bit of a handful when drunk. That said, I don't remember Kate being a bully either. I never really thought of her as a mean girl particularly. There were some fairly big personality but likeable people in that series I think.
Jade was young and unselfconscious, Kate was sly. She knew how to play the game.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
I've met Lesley Joseph - well, when I say met, she was on the same train as me. She was in cattle class, not first, and was talking very loudly on her phone so the entire carriage knew she was an actress darling and very much in demand darling, and would you be an angel and say hello to Tom (yeah, Tom) for me etc etc. Very full of herself and looked very tiny and wrinkled with lashings of make-up.
Does anyone remember when Trinny and Susannah gave her a make under? They lightened her hair and toned down the make up and it made her look 15 years younger and she hated it. Went straight back to the black hair and five pounds of make up.

• Haha
He's had previous with stealing trolleys of booze 🤣
TBF His psychologist found that he had an un-usually bad memory. That’s what he was able to shift un-feasibly large heavy trolleys chock full of the good stuff through the checkouts without paying, or noticing all the clinking. It’s a wonder he was able to do 3 hours of live telly every day, or remember his notes without forgetting to put his trousers on poor man!
It could happen to anyone. (Rich enough to hire own psychologist).

• Haha

lalalanded

VIP Member
Pauline is the best actress and Robson has ridden on her coat tails for long enough without getting any other work. The series is old hat now and it's time to let go PQ will find more work no doubt.
Linda is a real name dropper and also thinks she's an A lister. Serious, serious 'issues' as well. And her husband is a twat.

Pauline was amazing in The Sculptress. She was good in Broadchurch too.
She's up there with Sarah Lancashire for me - great character actress.

annapolly

If it was today (Angus Deayton HIGNFY) cocaine and a prostitute, most people probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.
I keep getting Angus Deayton confused with either Alistair McGowan or John Leslie. What with also getting Edwina Currie and Esther Rantzan confused I swear I’m a liability because I like to gossip but it’s often about the wrong person!

• Haha

Lavendergreendillydilly

She likes to keep that quiet. Much like Denise Van Outen has airbrushed out that she went out with Gary Glitter when she was sixteen.
I'd keep it quite too tbh.

I had no idea about Denise Van Outen. That's actually pretty upsetting because I mean, she was 16... Hardly a properly consenting relationship.

• Wow