Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks a whole lot older (and fatter) in real life. She also thinks she's a bigger star than she is. But at least she's polite unlike the now deceased Cilla Black, and still alive Esther Rantzen.
Years ago myself and two friends went to a recording of LW. Coleen was rude and obnoxious. Jane McD and Carol McG were lovely. Andrea McL was away with the fairies. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Years ago myself and two friends went to a recording of LW. Coleen was rude and obnoxious. Jane McD and Carol McG were lovely. Andrea McL was away with the fairies. 😂
I really like Jane McDonald. My husband finds her irritating. I think she's a nice woman and would be a good mate. Even though she overdoes the Northern Lass persona.

Reactions: 21
I swear Cilla Black and Esther Rantzen are two people you NEVER hear a good word about. For a long time I always wondered if this was because neither of them are oil paintings but now I'm convinced they are just complete c*nts :LOL:
I always get Esther Rantzen confused with Edwina Currie which has caused some confused looks when I am adamant that the former had an affair with John Major. My mother (who is as terrible with names as me) keeps calling John Major a dirty dog because I’ve confused her and now she believes he had two mistresses on the go...whoops!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I always get Esther Rantzen confused with Edwina Currie which has caused some confused looks when I am adamant that the former had an affair with John Major. My mother (who is as terrible with names as me) keeps calling John Major a dirty dog because I’ve confused her and now she believes he had two mistresses on the go...whoops!
I’ve been doing this whilst reading about her. I thought it was the same person for years.

Reactions: 4
I really like Jane McDonald. My husband finds her irritating. I think she's a nice woman and would be a good mate. Even though she overdoes the Northern Lass persona.
Would love to have a glass of wine with her. One of my friends is a fan of hers and Jane recognised her and came over for a chat.

In what way? I'm intrigued.
Her general demeanour and Jane McD came over to us for a chat (she recognised one of my friends) and commented on it, 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I watched one of the documentaries on Savile that discussed his crimes and, in it, she was shown accounts by his victims. Afterwards she was asked what she thought. Before she spoke she put her fingers to her eyes a moment as if on the verge of crying,. It was so obviously just fake-emotion for the cameras that it was embarrassing.
I must be a terrible judge of character because I totally bought what she was saying. It was only on the JS threads that I learned she may have been shady. There was a story line in Marcella that involved a children's helpline and vulnerable kids were being identified and targeted via it.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
There used to be an annual poll among flight attendants about the rudest celeb passenger, and Cilla Black would come out top every year! Everyone who encountered her seemed to have a story about her diva behaviour.

Esther Rantzen comes across as horrible too. If you take a look at her Wiki, the personal life section has a lot of tea. She also knew about Savile for a long time and didn't act, despite working for a major children's charity.
No wonder she was so quick to come out saying believed the victims

Reactions: 3
Maybe we should start a thread of dream Eastenders cast members 😆😬

On Linda, a friend of mine worker on Loose Women in 2017 and 2018. She said Linda was very kind and chatty, a bit motherly, always cracking a joke and always made time for the crew while some of the others, especially the longer-term cast members/panelists, never made much time for anyone but the camera operators (guess why!) She's even stayed in touch with my friend popping the odd message to check in.
Ah, good to hear she's nicer in real life than I'd thought. I do wonder what the beef is with her and PQ? Maybe it's just Pauline doesn't want to do any more Birds. It's waaaaay past it's prime. The type of sitcom it is doesn't really work nowadays. I did used to watch BOAF when I was a kid (along with May to December, The Upper Hand and Keeping Up Appearances), I always remember the episode where they thought George Hamilton was their dad, featuring Ronseal himself in a cameo.

Reactions: 21
Ah, good to hear she's nicer in real life than I'd thought. I do wonder what the beef is with her and PQ? Maybe it's just Pauline doesn't want to do any more Birds. It's waaaaay past it's prime. The type of sitcom it is doesn't really work nowadays. I did used to watch BOAF when I was a kid (along with May to December, The Upper Hand and Keeping Up Appearances), I always remember the episode where they thought George Hamilton was their dad, featuring Ronseal himself in a cameo.
OMG! Proper 90s flashbacks there, I loved the Upper Hand! But it’s aged so badly and isn’t even funny when you watch it back!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OMG! Proper 90s flashbacks there, I loved the Upper Hand! But it’s aged so badly and isn’t even funny when you watch it back!
I know, it's so cringy and dated!! Joe McGann was my favourite of the McGann brothers but he did a villain role in Hollyoaks there and he was like the walking dead. No spark whatsoever. Can't believe out of the Upper Hand cast Kellie Bright is now the one with the biggest career (not in a mean way, I love her in EE, it's just strange the way the chips fall).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I always find Pauline Q rather depressing, basically because I think she and I look very similar, and not in a good way. My family tell me it's not the case, and while I admire her as an actress I'd really rather not see her <shallow>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I used to like The Upper Hand. My grandma, who is a complete Hyacinth, would complain through the entire show because it had been adapted from an American programme, and they left all the Americanisms in there like 'locker room' instead of 'changing room'. I guess it showed the crappiness of the show that they couldn't even be bothered to do a quick check of the script.

I couldn't imagine that kind of show coming back. I think people are into darker, more surreal comedy nowadays.

Reactions: 7
I know, it's so cringy and dated!! Joe McGann was my favourite of the McGann brothers but he did a villain role in Hollyoaks there and he was like the walking dead. No spark whatsoever. Can't believe out of the Upper Hand cast Kellie Bright is now the one with the biggest career (not in a mean way, I love her in EE, it's just strange the way the chips fall).
When she was first cast in EE I recognised her immediately as the girl from The Upper Hand. Even though it was a good 20 years later 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to like The Upper Hand. My grandma, who is a complete Hyacinth, would complain through the entire show because it had been adapted from an American programme, and they left all the Americanisms in there like 'locker room' instead of 'changing room'. I guess it showed the crappiness of the show that they couldn't even be bothered to do a quick check of the script.

I couldn't imagine that kind of show coming back. I think people are into darker, more surreal comedy nowadays.
Not sure about that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.