Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had lunch in the same restaurant as Linda Robson about 20 years ago. The restaurant was on Upper Street. She was having lunch with her family and they had a really long table across the restaurant. You could tell they were regulars.
I watched her interact with staff and people and she was very down to earth and normal.
That’s where I saw her! Do you still live locally?

went off her when she used to talk about her dad like he was a lovely bloke, when he abused her sister, a sister the others later excluded from a come-back!
To be honest, that does piss me off too. I’ve always thought Anne seemed lovely. I wouldn’t even be able to talk about my dad if he did that to my sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve seen his house, I like the pool but, the rest is not to my taste. Someone I know was interested in buying it but, didn’t think it had enough land! I heard about his sons party having the police called round.
And didn’t a daughter do it too? Not to worry, being famous means you don’t have to follow tedious rules like the ordinarys.[QUOTE="JakeM, post: 4058786, member: 12667

To be honest, that does piss me off too. I’ve always thought Anne seemed lovely. I wouldn’t even be able to talk about my dad if he did that to my sister.
[/QUOTE]
Yes! I think the others should have looked after that sister, and been a bit sensitive. And I caught her lying on LW years ago, she’d claim to be one thing, then for effect something the complete opposite another time. Only watched it if I was ill at home. Havnt seen it for years.

Reactions: 6
Yes! I think the others should have looked after that sister, and been a bit sensitive. And I caught her lying on LW years ago, she’d claim to be one thing, then for effect something the complete opposite another time. Only watched it if I was ill at home. Havnt seen it for years.
I agree. Even on the newest show they mentioned him a few times. You could tell that she was uncomfortable and didn’t want to talk about him.
I’ve never liked Loose Women. I like a few of the panelist’s but most of them are very toxic.

Reactions: 4
Didn’t she play a young Pauline Fowler in a special back in time Eastenders episode?

No Wikipedia says a character called Flo in a spin off called Civvy Street set in 1942
I first remember her in an old series called Shine on Harvey Moon.

Ah, good to hear she's nicer in real life than I'd thought. I do wonder what the beef is with her and PQ? Maybe it's just Pauline doesn't want to do any more Birds. It's waaaaay past it's prime. The type of sitcom it is doesn't really work nowadays. I did used to watch BOAF when I was a kid (along with May to December, The Upper Hand and Keeping Up Appearances), I always remember the episode where they thought George Hamilton was their dad, featuring Ronseal himself in a cameo.
I loved The Upper Hand. UK remake of Who’s The Boss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Virginia Wade was with Jane Glover for decades. JG used to conduct the choral society I was in sometimes. Haven’t seen them for years, though.

Joey Essex has been accused of being racially insensitive for using the term ‘fo ahi’ and was also warned not to call someone P Dog (they are called Paul) before filming.

Doesn't Rob Beckett refer to Paul as P Dog sometimes in his narration? Or am I imagining that I've heard that before?

Reactions: 18
Yikes her Wiki is not flattering!!! So she went after married men. I remember after husband died, various people who knew him saying he was an absolute hole. Seems like they were a perfect match.
Her Wikipedia puts her on very bad light.She is sinister and manipulative, another one I never liked

Reactions: 2
Her Wikipedia puts her on very bad light.She is sinister and manipulative, another one I never liked
She was pretty sleazy in I’m a celeb, ‘jokingly’ perving over some young lad (I forget who). I don’t get a good vibe from her at all.

Reactions: 5
I first remember her in an old series called Shine on Harvey Moon.
That’s a blast from the past! I used to watch it after my bedtime on my portable telly in my room. I also used to watch That’s Life which was on after my bedtime too. In my defence my mother used to send us to bed stupidly early and there were only 3 channels at the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
That’s a blast from the past! I used to watch it after my bedtime on my portable telly in my room. I also used to watch That’s Life which was on after my bedtime too. In my defence my mother used to send us to bed stupidly early and there were only 3 channels at the time.
Well thas lucky then we didn’t av a bed just an old army greatcoat and I always got the sleeve and only 3 channels ? We didn’t even av a telly just me dad wi a bucket wi an ole in it on is head pulling funny faces.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She was pretty sleazy in I’m a celeb, ‘jokingly’ perving over some young lad (I forget who). I don’t get a good vibe from her at all.
I remember she was on some dating programme years ago where she got advice from experts on dating and at the end of the show she would go on a date and put all of the advice to use. She couldn't find a date anywhere. I actually felt humiliated on her behalf. She was desperately ringing arond everyone she knew looking for someone that would have dinner for her and in the end the producers had to ask a stranger to do it. I'm sure he had to be paid. I don't think she's had a relationship since her husband kicked the bucket has she?

• Wow
Joey Essex has been accused of being racially insensitive for using the term ‘fo ahi’ and was also warned not to call someone P Dog (they are called Paul) before filming.

Damn, it autocorrected and I can’t edit now. I mean ‘fo sho’.

Reactions: 2
Damn, it autocorrected and I can’t edit now. I mean ‘fo sho’.
I’m not sure about this. Whilst I agree there are certain words that white people shouldn’t use (like the N word), if you police every single word or phrase it is going to cause problems? For instance, a lot of words in pop culture comes from drag culture - will this mean that the LGBT community might say if you’re straight and use it you’re homophobic?

Reactions: 20
an ex
I’m not sure about this. Whilst I agree there are certain words that white people shouldn’t use (like the N word), if you police every single word or phrase it is going to cause problems? For instance, a lot of words in pop culture comes from drag culture - will this mean that the LGBT community might say if you’re straight and use it you’re homophobic?
Agree. I think policing of language should be reserved for the most offensive/hateful only. It’s a really dangerous path to go down otherwise I think 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it's more appropriation than racism or homophobia as the case may be. White people talking with a "blaccent" isn't the worst thing but it's not cool either. It's definitely stupid anyway- get your own identity 😆. Same as straight people wearing t-shirts that say "proud" in rainbows at a pride party 😆 but we don't want this to become another language thread!

Reactions: 7
They can keep ‘fishy’ for a bleeping start.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
To deflect from the language convo- here's a bit tattle.

My group of mates in the 00s used to say that Fearne Cotton was hell bent on getting herself a rockstar husband. She used to go out with the biggest pete doherty wannabe any of us ever met (and we lived and partied in camden) and was so meticulous about appearing to be the funky, cool, slightly laddish girl on the Soho club scene. Shouting about the bands she liked and the songs she loved, she liked every thing whoever she was talking to did. She was desperate to fit in with the "in" crowd- you know like the appletons, gallaghers, Doherty. Quite sensibly she never went as far as most ppl in that crowd, drugs and bravado wise. But it didn't really suit her. She is a lovely person but you could just see the anxiety of trying to appear a certain way eating her up in the 00s and it was so uncomfortable to be around. After a few years we all felt a bit terrible for gossiping about her and saying she was a rockstar desperado... But then she married Ronnie Wood's son 😆 so we were right- she was ALWAYS going to marry a rock"star"

I think she drove herself mentally into the ground trying to be something that she really wasn't. I'm glad she's found her Zen!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.