Secret Celeb Gossip #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Pauline Quirke - she's an excellent actress. I wasn't impressed with her Lighter Life adverts though, but that's because very low calorie diet plans can cause disordered eating and mess up your metabolism for life.
Linda Robson is destined for panto once a year when theatres are open again, same with Lesley Joseph.
I despise Linda Robson. She can be a witch on loose women. She loves the limelight wheres Pauline just sticks to being a good actress

Reactions: 7
I really don’t like Linda robson (I’m sure there was something unsavoury out about her??) but I despise Colleen norlan

Reactions: 6
I wonder if this is about Pam St Clement? Bryan Kirkwood had the sheer audacity to kill off Pat. He has a rep for being vindictive with his firings.

ETA - or possibly Deena Payne (Viv in Emmerdale), she had an odd and abrupt exit.
The age of both is off but for Deena Payne according to google wouldve been mid 50s so closeish.
And the exit of both Viv & Terry for 2 long running characters was awful

Reactions: 4
I know, it's so cringy and dated!! Joe McGann was my favourite of the McGann brothers but he did a villain role in Hollyoaks there and he was like the walking dead. No spark whatsoever. Can't believe out of the Upper Hand cast Kellie Bright is now the one with the biggest career (not in a mean way, I love her in EE, it's just strange the way the chips fall).
Oh my god, I've just realised Kellie Bright is the wife of Danny Dyer in eastenders. I knew I knew her from somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I had lunch in the same restaurant as Linda Robson about 20 years ago. The restaurant was on Upper Street. She was having lunch with her family and they had a really long table across the restaurant. You could tell they were regulars.
I watched her interact with staff and people and she was very down to earth and normal.

Reactions: 6
The age of both is off but for Deena Payne according to google wouldve been mid 50s so closeish.
And the exit of both Viv & Terry for 2 long running characters was awful
Hmm, wonder who it could be 🤔 Julie Goodyear? Can't remember if she left of her own accord or not.
Obviously not this person, but I remember Anne Charleston was very annoyed that Madge was killed off in Neighbours, she claimed that the producers don't like strong women.
With Terry and Viv it was such an afterthoughty, unceremonious exit the only explanation could be backstage shenanigans. It's like how Charisma Carpenter's departure from Angel was noticeably strange and it has now been confirmed that she was written out because she'd infuriated Joss Whedon. If something seems unusual on screen it's almost always because there's shady stuff happening offscreen, imo.

Julie Goodyear, now there is a name you dont hear much today. She was rude on cbb?

I was working with an ex-eastender around the time Wendy Richard left Eastenders and they said she left on bad terms. She didn't want Pauline to remarry, she thought it was out of Character and that the angry old widow controlling her son thing was going somewhere so they wrote her out of the show in a ridiculous, uncouth way for a character like hers. I didn't watch it much back then so I'm not sure of the storyline but it sounds like it could be her they're talking about. I was under the impression it was no big secret though so maybe not?

Reactions: 10
I wonder if this is about Pam St Clement? Bryan Kirkwood had the sheer audacity to kill off Pat. He has a rep for being vindictive with his firings.

ETA - or possibly Deena Payne (Viv in Emmerdale), she had an odd and abrupt exit.
There was also the guy who played Billy Jackson who was axed from Hollyoaks under Bryan Kirkwood, went back to EE and then was axed again by BK when he took over (if I remember rightly)? A friend of mine is good friends with Bryan and his husband but has never spilt any tea on him. I’ll see what I can do!

Totally agree with a soap gossip thread - especially following the release of Ruthless Women.

• Heart
I heard Hyacinth was with Betty Boothroyd. Ooh, it's like musical chairs, can't keep up!
Valerie Singleton and Joan Armatrading will be along soon!

There is a dark conspiracy that childline was set up in order to identify vulnerable children, but not with their best interest at heart.
🤮😥
I've heard something similar and even though it sounds a bit tinfoil hat - esque it's a quite convincing theory

Last edited:
I know there is a footballers thread but, it’s more so the current players. Has anyone got any tea on Paul Scholes and his wife splitting up? I’ve heard she cheated on him and is a major witch.
Paul scholes lives near me. His house is up for sale. It’s lovely but looks like the inside of a department store/shopping centre

he’s been in our local paper several times for having parties at home during lockdown. Must think he doesn’t need to follow same rules as rest of us and there’s been nothing mentioned about any fines, just police spoken to him

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I bumped into Coleen Nolan twice on two consecutive days while doing something with the Lorraine prog. She was perfectly polite, but OMG her make up artists should get paid treble, they do a bloody good job. (meow!)
I used to see Coleen at local horse shows as her daughter rode .She was very low key and didn’t draw any attention to herself

I know it’s a very unpopular thing to say but I actually don’t mind Coleen Nolan. 😂

• Haha
Yikes her Wiki is not flattering!!! So she went after married men. I remember after husband died, various people who knew him saying he was an absolute hole. Seems like they were a perfect match.
She had been good friends with her husbands wife. She told her “watch out someone will try to steal him” Then proceeded to have an affair with him. Her son in law says he saw him later go into his former wife’s bedroom at night, thinking nobody saw him.
One of his kids from his first marriage said in all the years she had visited Esther she’d never been offered a cup of tea.
Des made a documentary in which he seemed overly interested in a young girls sex life. He appeared sleazy.

When first wife died, later in the year Esther held a party for her birthday, and was asked in a series of quiz questions so everybody’s attention would be on her “what went up this year?” It was a shed that caught alight. Referring to the first wife’s cremation she said “Des ‘s first wife!” She related this story herself in an interview, so must have been quite pleased with her quip.
But then she did say herself in IACGMOOH, she’s never been able to feel any guilt.

I
I know it’s a very unpopular thing to say but I actually don’t mind Coleen Nolan. 😂
went off her when she used to talk about her dad like he was a lovely bloke, when he abused her sister, a sister the others later excluded from a come-back!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Paul scholes lives near me. His house is up for sale. It’s lovely but looks like the inside of a department store/shopping centre

he’s been in our local paper several times for having parties at home during lockdown. Must think he doesn’t need to follow same rules as rest of us and there’s been nothing mentioned about any fines, just police spoken to him
I’ve seen his house, I like the pool but, the rest is not to my taste. Someone I know was interested in buying it but, didn’t think it had enough land! I heard about his sons party having the police called round.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.