Secret Celeb Gossip #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Wetherspoons here in my bit of Wales sells faggots and gravy - bloody delicious. Faggots are meat balls and best served with buttery mash and mushy peas.

I met Shane McGowan once at the Cambridge Folk Festival. Here's some tea for you: He was sober!! :eek:
There is a shop locally called 'Fanny's faggots', everytime she tried to advertise it online it got taken down because it was assumed it was a slur or offensive! It was just an innocent old lady (called Fanny) selling welsh faggots in gravy🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Kim and Aggie seemed like polar opposites. I guess having to go around the country and film several series of How Clean with someone you don't particularly like took it's toll hence why they ended up having a rather nasty fall out.
I don’t dislike Kim, even though she’s a nightmare in some ways. She was a trooper in IACGMOOH. As has pointed out she’s damaged. I should think she could start an argument in an empty (if clean) house.

There is a shop locally called 'Fanny's faggots', everytime she tried to advertise it online it got taken down because it was assumed it was a slur or offensive! It was just an innocent old lady (called Fanny) selling welsh faggots in gravy🤣
Not a great marketing idea though. Imagine asking for them in Tesco when they’re not on the shelf!
The looks you’d get from people who’d never heard of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t dislike Kim, even though she’s a nightmare in some ways. She was a trooper in IACGMOOH. As has pointed out she’s damaged. I should think she could start an argument in an empty (if clean) house.
To be fair, I could do that.
Someone once described me as being able to get wound up in an empty room.
ETA: I’m not sure it was a totally undeserved comment as I feel like having a go the person right now for saying that, and the comment was 3 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
DBBC4B36-B3AF-4229-8734-69F5579FEB26.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Aww that's cute but sad.

Not a great marketing idea though. Imagine asking for them in Tesco when they’re not on the shelf!
The looks you’d get from people who’d never heard of them.
Well I always ask my husband to find out where Aunt Bessie's Dumplings are ;)

• Haha
*Unsure.
Goes to check with Sharon Osbourne.
It was Tiffany for her. Sums her up nicely vindictive but hidden by a veneer of designer labels.

Why anyone would call their poor child Fanny I cannot understand. A couple down our street called their poor mites Fanny and Lettuce.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I t think it's Lettice, I had a great aunt Lettice. I rather like Fanny and Lettice, but I really dont think you could get away with them these days, esp not Fanny.

Reactions: 10
Was it definitely Lettuce and not Lettice? The latter is old-fashioned, but is a proper girls' name.

Aww that's cute but sad.

Well I always ask my husband to find out where Aunt Bessie's Dumplings are ;)
I have a soft spot for”Fisherman’s Friend” they taste absolutely disgusting. But any mention of sucking on one always gets a good if cheap laugh.

They sell amazingly well in Germany for some reason, although probably not for comedic purposes.
Also, Werther’s Originals, are German, so that old advert where the old grandad is telling about sharing his traditions with grandchildren, isn’t a heart-warming sentimental scenario. In real life he’d most likely be a war criminal if he’s served on the Eastern Front. You wouldn’t want to hear a lot of his stories, with or without a toffee.

I t think it's Lettice, I had a great aunt Lettice. I rather like Fanny and Lettice, but I really dont think you could get away with them these days, esp not Fanny.
Yes, I realised as soon as I posted it, couldn’t be arsed to change it. Wouldn’t make much difference though would it? Why risk it? You might as well have T.shits printed for the kid with “mock my child” on them.

Was it definitely Lettuce and not Lettice? The latter is old-fashioned, but is a proper girls' name.
I know that’s the spelling, but my point is the kids in reception would have little appreciation of Edwardian type names.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Bit of trivia. The expression sweet FA doesn't mean duck all, its actually comes from a murdered child called Fanny Adams who they dubbed sweet Fanny Adams.
Sorry its so macabre.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
That’s exactly what I said on an earlier thread, except pointing out Rod Stewart’s multiple kids and broken homes. But then I’m dead old. She’s made a lot of mistakes but she brought up her kids. It’s about time men were held to account when not prioritising their kids.
This reminds me that Mick Jagger's youngest child is two years younger than his great-granddaughter...

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have a soft spot for”Fisherman’s Friend” they taste absolutely disgusting. But any mention of sucking on one always gets a good if cheap laugh.

They sell amazingly well in Germany for some reason, although probably not for comedic purposes.
Also, Werther’s Originals, are German, so that old advert where the old grandad is telling about sharing his traditions with grandchildren, isn’t a heart-warming sentimental scenario. In real life he’d most likely be a war criminal if he’s served on the Eastern Front. You wouldn’t want to hear a lot of his stories, with or without a toffee.

Yes, I realised as soon as I posted it, couldn’t be arsed to change it. Wouldn’t make much difference though would it? Why risk it? You might as well have T.shits printed for the kid with “mock my child” on them.

I know that’s the spelling, but my point is the kids in reception would have little appreciation of Edwardian type names.
I’ve met a Lettuce before, so it can happen! I think it became a trend after Gwyneth Paltrow named her daughter Apple.

• Haha
  • Wow
This reminds me that Mick Jagger's youngest child is two years younger than his great-granddaughter...
Yes, and he wouldn’t pay for at least one of them for years. Was it Karis? I don’t follow his doings.
How anyone can admire someone who emotionally tortures and or materially deprives their child like this, also Liam Gallagher, Tom Jones and Cecil Parkinson is un-fathomable to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.