Secret Celeb Gossip #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a video of young Horan racing over her beauty. Each to his own I suppose.

She’s done a fair bit of arse licking with the Royal Family. Not literally, although going by what you say who knows?
I think she was semi-attractive in a girl-next-door kind of way, pre- lip fillers.

It's not surprising she's buttering up the royal family now that she's got a toff husband.

Reactions: 3
Nah. It's got to be Lisa Stansfield who has... similar rumours said about her, and she won a BRIT.
That’s just dedication to her craft, she trying to get
up to the high notes.

A thing about Esther Rantzen just came up on my feed?.?
Underneath, several wrote of encounters with her. None were fans. She sounds pretty horrendous.

Was this Meghan Markel or our MM late of this parish, whilst he was getting pleasured and eating a Big Mac with double Fries?

Ellie Goulding is 8 month pregnant
It wasn’t me. I’m incapable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
If true, it's an absolute outrage that she was forced into having an abortion, especially a late one. It should be illegal. The types who campaign about "my body my choice" never seem to mention these scenarios. If the woman is coerced or threatened with her life being wrecked, it's not her choice.
I’m not asking this in a nasty way, but what do you mean by “the types who campaign about "my body my choice"?

I totally agree with you that, if what’s rumoured to have happened to Nicole Appleton is true, it was not her choice, and it’s horrific. But people who campaign for women’s right to abortion focus on the right for a woman to chose. Are you suggesting that they should also focus on trying to stop women being coerced by others into that situation? Because the way I see it, that’s a completely different thing?
I really am just trying to understand, it’s such a sensitive topic, and I’ll happily delete this post if anyone feels it’s too off topic or just don’t like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not asking this in a nasty way, but what do you mean by “the types who campaign about "my body my choice"?

I totally agree with you that, if what’s rumoured to have happened to Nicole Appleton is true, it was not her choice, and it’s horrific. But people who campaign for women’s right to abortion focus on the right for a woman to chose. Are you suggesting that they should also focus on trying to stop women being coerced by others into that situation? Because the way I see it, that’s a completely different thing?
I really am just trying to understand, it’s such a sensitive topic, and I’ll happily delete this post if anyone feels it’s too off topic or just don’t like it.
It's not a separate issue; they call themselves pro-choice, and their entire mission is supposedly about women's autonomy over their bodies. The right to choose should include the right to choose not to have an abortion. It would seem less disingenuous of them if they didn't make the pretense about caring about women's autonomy overall, and were honest about the fact that they are abortion access campaigners - which would be fine.

At the moment the only people who care about forced abortion are those who call themselves pro-life, and those who identify pro-choice often actively hinder and trash their efforts to raise awareness and combat the problem. They also attack the poorly-funded services set up by self-identified pro-life groups that support women to continue their pregnancies. While there are issues with some of these services as some of them may try to persuade reluctant women to keep their babies, and are too religious, many of them don't, and also there are often no alternative services available to support women to continue pregnancies. Unless they are going to provide these services themselves, no one calling themselves "pro-choice" should be trying to take them away from women who need them.

I say "those who call themselves" for both names, because I'm aware the labels are contentious. I am also going by the behaviours mostly of American activists where the whole abortion issue is a much bigger deal than over here, both sides are more extreme.

Although there are issues over here, such as the fact that studies show that pregnant mothers of disabled children who are choosing to continue the pregnancy, feel that there is little to no support available to them, while those who make the opposite choice do feel supported.

Reactions: 4
If you want offensive lyrics, listen to the original version of "The Sun Has Got His Hat On".
😳 Just looked 😳 we were taught the first verse at primary school (didn't know there were more lines) and I still sing it cheerily when the sun comes out😎😳😳

If true, it's an absolute outrage that she was forced into having an abortion, especially a late one. It should be illegal. The types who campaign about "my body my choice" never seem to mention these scenarios. If the woman is coerced or threatened with her life being wrecked, it's not her choice.
Why on earth should ‘late’ (and what does ‘late’ mean - a medical abortion is anything under 12 weeks so are you referring to surgical abortions? ) termination be illegal?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Why on earth should ‘late’ (and what exactly does ‘late’ mean - a medical abortion is anything under 12 weeks so are you referring to surgical abortions? ) abortions be illegal?
There’s no need to try to fire up an abortion debate. I said forced/coerced abortions should be illegal.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There’s no need to try to fire up an abortion debate. I said forced/coerced abortions should be illegal.
I’m not trying to fire up anything? However the way that your post was worded was ambiguous, and to me looked like you were saying late abortions should be illegal. Since you’ve clarified that you meant forced abortions should be illegal, then yes, of course........but that goes without saying doesn’t it?
However Marie Stopes and other professionals are trained to have several consultations before the procedure to double and triple check with the patient, so unless someone’s marched up to the clinic with a gun at their head there’s not much more they can do.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would be surprised if forced/ coerced abortion was legal. Surely it would come under some type of assault. You cant force someone into a medical procedure. Normally the coercion is done in private, by the father of the baby or, in this case, someone else, acting illegally. Its a form of domestic abuse and is illegal.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not trying to fire up anything? However the way that your post was worded was ambiguous, and to me looked like you were saying late abortions should be illegal. Since you’ve clarified that you meant forced abortions should be illegal, then yes, of course........but that goes without saying doesn’t it?
However Marie Stopes and other professionals are trained to have several consultations before the procedure to double and triple check with the patient, so unless someone’s marched up to the clinic with a gun at their head there’s not much more they can do.
You were aggressively challenging what you thought was an opinion that differed from your own.

I didn’t write it carefully enough but it’s only a gossip forum, and I wasn’t taking much effort.
You may think it goes without saying but these situations are common, and no one seems to see it for the horror that it is. I was expressing shock and horror for the alleged victim.

Coerced abortions are a bigger problem than abortion clinics can be expected to deal with. In the case being talked about, her record label should be in legal trouble for forcing an abortion. If it happened today it would surely be sex discrimination.

There are studies that show a significant percentage of women feel coerced (by partners, family etc), and I think there should be a campaign to educate and empower women that it’s her body and her choice alone, she also has an inalienable right to choose NOT to have an abortion. It’s not a choice if there’s only one choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

New thread, folks

Reactions: 1
I would be surprised if forced/ coerced abortion was legal. Surely it would come under some type of assault. You cant force someone into a medical procedure. Normally the coercion is done in private, by the father of the baby or, in this case, someone else, acting illegally. Its a form of domestic abuse and is illegal.
That’s the type of coercion I mean - beyond the responsibilities of clinics, the stuff that happens at home and work.

There are cases where it can’t be illegal - such as if the father says he will leave her unless she gets an abortion. You can’t force someone to stay in a relationship either. It’s these legal coercion cases where women need support if they don’t truly want an abortion.

The Appleton sister could have been told by her label that they “can’t” promote a mother, no one will buy her records any more, her young fan base won’t relate to her etc. So not outright forcing her but making it clear that her career was compromised if she didn’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.