Secret Celeb Gossip #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well faggot is a type of meat based food I think. So maybe they meant that? My granny used to call me a wee haggis which I also think was meant to be a term of endearment....
Phew! I was doubting my entire childhood.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A lot of songs nowadays have so much swearing in they sound ridiculous on the radio. I don’t know why they bother playing WAP because it’s just all blanks!
Exactly - that song is just absolutely appalling and so degrading.

Reactions: 8
I despair over WAP, God Almighty children were singing it. That stupid Annaconda song was disgusting too, I hate being a pearl clutcher but its not right. Shows how far down the pan society has gone, I hope we get someone like Cromwell again who bans the duck out of everything 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I despair over WAP, God Almighty children were singing it. That stupid Annaconda song was disgusting too, I hate being a pearl clutcher but its not right. Shows how far down the pan society has gone, I hope we get someone like Cromwell again who bans the duck out of everything 😂
Problem is he'd probably ban tattle too!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ive never heard any rumours about Andrea but she did an interview on the Tommy Tiernan show recently and she seemed out of her head, just how she was answering and her body language something seemed really off with her.
I was in a very nice restaurant in a posh part of Dublin about 15 years ago and Andrea came in like she was a huge star and kept making sure everyone noticed her.
My fellow Dubs didnt let me down by completely ignoring her which made her act out even more. There was a lot of forced laughter and a but of singing, we all acted like she wasnt there.
She fell over on her way out 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Meatballs, mostly made with liver¹ based on the recipe I've seen. It also means a bundle of sticks, which apparently is where the meaning of "gay" came from, very indirectly (I can't remember exactly why now). In Ireland it meant "lazy" at one point, iirc, and thats how the Pogues lyric was intended (I think Shane McGowan has talked about that).

¹Not quite real brains, but close enough for some people lol
Many years ago in Sheffield market you could buy faggots as you say a meat liver some seasoning and bit of stuffing type stuff to bulk them out. They were called appeny’ ducks as in half penny .

Reactions: 3
I like her. My only problem with her is that shes too open . The 4x4 tag annoys me intensely. Liam Gallagher has 4 children by 4 women and nobody says anything. Plus she's brought her 4 up and kept them together ( and one child has health issues).Liam hasn't -he only met one girl when she was an adult and has never met the second girl. Ulrika's children were all conceived during either marriages or relationships not as products of cheating .
More power to her.
That’s exactly what I said on an earlier thread, except pointing out Rod Stewart’s multiple kids and broken homes. But then I’m dead old. She’s made a lot of mistakes but she brought up her kids. It’s about time men were held to account when not prioritising their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Wetherspoons here in my bit of Wales sells faggots and gravy - bloody delicious. Faggots are meat balls and best served with buttery mash and mushy peas.

I met Shane McGowan once at the Cambridge Folk Festival. Here's some tea for you: He was sober!! :eek:
It’s vicious stories like that which ruin a persons life.
You’ll be saying he had a nice smile next.
SMH

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That’s exactly what I said on an earlier thread, except pointing out Rod Stewart’s multiple kids and broken homes. But then I’m dead old. She’s made a lot of mistakes but she brought up her kids. It’s about time men were held to account when not prioritising their kids.
Men held accountable, what a wonderful world it would be.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Well, you clearly haven’t seen tit in a carton then, it doesn’t form those neat little balls for one thing.
Having been a nurse and a mum, I have seen, and smelt, much, much tit.

I have never seen tit in a carton though. I’m imagining those white American Chinese takeaway cartons. Is that the type you are referring to?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is Kim Woodburn really like that or is it all an act for TV?

I can't tell but her falling out with Aggie would suggest she's genuinely mental.
Kim and Aggie seemed like polar opposites. I guess having to go around the country and film several series of How Clean with someone you don't particularly like took it's toll hence why they ended up having a rather nasty fall out.

Reactions: 1
Kim and Aggie seemed like polar opposites. I guess having to go around the country and film several series of How Clean with someone you don't particularly like took it's toll hence why they ended up having a rather nasty fall out.
I would love a tell all behind the scenes memoir of How Clean is Your House 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I love Fairy tale of New York and kind of rolled my eyes about the change in words.

But the fact is, we're 30yrs down the line and the word is no longer acceptable so it needs to go.

I do think it's a wee bit sad because Kirsty isn't here to record it, but I'm pretty sure it's the sort of thing she would have agreed with.

However - why is it still acceptable to call a woman a slut?
A very good friend of mine who is very educated on gay issues and LGBTQ says Faggot comes from the burning of people, it’s a hateful term. I don’t know that most most people would know this, but the people it affects most, are likely to. So it’s not “political correctness gone mad” to remove it. We learn, get educated we move on.

The ponce thing, though, since I never heard it directed at gay people can’t see that as homophobic, even if it’s roots were from then. Homophobes unfortunately have far more offensive unambiguously hurtful slurs to chose from. I’ll have to look ponce up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I would love a tell all behind the scenes memoir of How Clean is Your House 😄
Sometimes I dream of having a friend like one of them. Who would come round and just despair at my house and take over and organise and clean everything for me. Then I could start again and not be so overwhelmed.
Except the truth is that it’d just get bad again. You have to do it yourself and change yourself. I’m imagining most of those houses reverted to tit quite quickly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Sometimes I dream of having a friend like one of them. Who would come round and just despair at my house and take over and organise and clean everything for me. Then I could start again and not be so overwhelmed.
Except the truth is that it’d just get bad again. You have to do it yourself and change yourself. I’m imagining most of those houses reverted to tit quite quickly.
Yep I would imagine so

The one that got me was the one that had a fish tank that hadn't been cleaned out in god knows how long. Eurgh. Ive got a bit of a phobia of dead fish 😄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.