Secret Celeb Gossip #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just when you thought celebs couldn’t get more up their own arse they start getting turned on by themselves ?
I believe Balenciaga are designing an 'up-your-own-arse' spring/summer collection complete with mirrored shards.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Imagine being lumped in with total non-entities like Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg, Jane Seymour, Diana Rigg, Britt Ekland, Michelle Yeoh, Sophie Marcham, Halle Berry, Rosamund Pike and Monica Belucci. I can see why Arterton can look down on being a Bond girl. (Rolls eyes)
Kim Basinger was a Bond girl too.

I was watching black narcissus and think what the duck has she done to her lovely face. Her top lip now sticks out like a beak. I really don’t get the lip fashion thing, when are we going to get a back lash?

Reactions: 7
Put it this way. The amount of prison inmates who are also found to have ADHD is insane. There is a clear correlation between this and what others consider to be “antisocial behaviour” but actually is due to developmental issues in the brain which makes you more prone to impulsivity amongst other things - which of course can account for drug taking/addiction/inability to stop drugs as you’re unable to control your impulses - and criminal behaviour as another result. That is NOT to be misconstrued as “people with ADHD are addicts and criminals” - it’s to show that clearly those we tend to ostracise from society and deem “bad” are actually often in need of psychiatric assessment and medication. This would likely stop a lot of inmates reoffending too.

My friend says her parents are all “weed is bad!” But then will indulge in Dam cos it’s legal 🥴
The book makes a point on that actually ans the difference in ppl reactions once you refer to drugs aa medication instead of drugs

fun fact on that someone told me something once about Superdrug being restricted in some way because of the “drug” in the name - can’t remember what it was exactly but due to the connotations.

I can’t seem to take the pic as on a temp phone and camera is so blurry lol

it’s newly published this year she even mentions covid in it😅
“Better late than never” by Emma Mahoney (she is British too so extra relevant info)
Have you read ‘The Tipping Point’ by Phil Anderton? It’s a great book. A bit bleak but very informative. He was a high ranked copper in Manchester (I think). He attended a talk in adhd and started looking into the prevalence of adhd in prisoners. As you say it is very high. He identifies points in behaviour in kids/teens with adhd where intervention is crucial and can stop the fall into crime/drugs/self medicating.
It’s a great book.

Do let me know if you need any chat or advice im hardly an expert but since my “lightbulb” moment in September, it’s kinda become my current project to get diagnosed etc. Which is tough in the UK. Are you female I’m assuming? We present totally differently to men which is prob why I’ve only just realised at age 32 adhd is the culprit of my issues
Dr Daphne Keen is an expert on diagnosing females. I think she works with kids in the NHS but possibly does private work. Maybe she works with adults too there? She used to work at St George’s in Tooting. Not sure if she is still there.

Try contacting ADDISS. They are an adhd charity. Their founder Andrea Bilbow was diagnosed as an adult and is vocal about the need for adult diagnosis.

She turned up at a fancy restaurant wearing an horrific tracksuit and they refused her entry and pointed out their dress code, she thought they should have let her in so tweeted about it saying she felt discriminated against, she expected sympathy and support but didn't
receive either as she was totally in the wrong! She was so entitled about it!

What an entitled idiot. Why does she think dress codes don’t apply to her???
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So Vouge Williams / Spencer Matthews clearly don’t think Tier 4 restrictions apply to them .
live in central london , where there when restrictions came into place , yet a few days later flew to St Barst 🤬 .
I hope their sponsors take a good long look at this along with the other ‘celebrities’ who clearly think they are above and kind of restrictions re Covid !
They should be made an example of. It infuriates me that Rita Ora is on the mask singer panel currently when she broke the covid rules twice. However I’m aware it was probably filmed before the rule breaking took place.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just when you thought celebs couldn’t get more up their own arse they start getting turned on by themselves ?
I think celebs saying they are in love with themselves is at least honest. It goes without saying when it comes to the Kardashians 😄

They should be made an example of. It infuriates me that Rita Ora is on the mask singer panel currently when she broke the covid rules twice. However I’m aware it was probably filmed before the rule breaking took place.
I hope their sponsors do look at them and people stop buying their crap. They really dont care don they? Rules are for the little people

Reactions: 10
I used to quite like Vogue but after what she and Spenny said about her ex Bryan McFadden making her want to be sick in her mouth and this I think they should sod off. I know BF is a bit of a twit but it’s pretty hard nosed to speak so publicly disrespectfully about an ex.

Then again, how were they allowed on the flight to St Barts with T4 restrictions?
Private jet, plus his family owns Eden Rock on St Barths, supposedly one of the top 100 luxury resorts in the world, so no problems with accommodation at the other end as it's currently closed to guests.

Reactions: 6
I think celebs saying they are in love with themselves is at least honest. It goes without saying when it comes to the Kardashians 😄

I hope their sponsors do look at them and people stop buying their crap. They really dont care don they? Rules are for the little people
I have tweeted Procter and gamble and heart radio , it’s beyond unacceptable, what part of this is serious do these idiots not get🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I’m enjoying the Black Narcissus at the moment but read the other day that Gemma Arterton regrets taking the Strawberry Fields part and being labelled a Bond Girl. Okay, I get that she wants to be seen as being a “serious actress” but then why the boob job and other facial plastic surgery?
I remember her saying that when she was on a film they were worried about her weight so they flew out a personal trainer and a person to stick by her side 24/7 to make sure she didn’t eat. She once went to get some fruit from the food table and this overweight man said something like ‘I hope you’re not going to eat that’. She also had to have her gym sessions filmed and sent to the powers that be to prove she was working out.
All in all it’s horrendous behaviour. I wish more people would talk about this stupid idea that only very small women can be successful in film. I remember seeing Salt with Angelina Jolie and she was so frail it was ridiculous to think she could do all these stunts. I get if they are portraying someone who’s weight is part of the story, but when they are playing an everyday person they don’t all need to be small and perfect.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I remember her saying that when she was on a film they were worried about her weight so they flew out a personal trainer and a person to stick by her side 24/7 to make sure she didn’t eat. She once went to get some fruit from the food table and this overweight man said something like ‘I hope you’re not going to eat that’. She also had to have her gym sessions filmed and sent to the powers that be to prove she was working out.
All in all it’s horrendous behaviour. I wish more people would talk about this stupid idea that only very small women can be successful in film. I remember seeing Salt with Angelina Jolie and she was so frail it was ridiculous to think she could do all these stunts. I get if they are portraying someone who’s weight is part of the story, but when they are playing an everyday person they don’t all need to be small and perfect.
and the idea that only very small women can be successful full stop. They would say that 'it's what people want to see' but I disagree. It's the same with the fashion industry, we don't need to see pathetically thin women looking utterly miserable walking up and down a catwalk. Pick a range of women and put them in clothes that make them look good and let's see them enjoy wearing them.

Reactions: 19
I don't know. I've never watched him on any show other than TV Burp. I think someone shared this clip in a previous thread and it reminded me of him and cracked me up to the point of almost crying.
OMG I LOVED the earlier series of TV burp. They are on YouTube and I’ve cried laughing watching them again in lockdown 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
ADHD here, I'm in full support of diagnosis as early as possible, meds work for >70% of patients, other support is avaulable in some areas, new treatments are being developed. Most importantly of all a diagnosis helps you understand yourself.

Regarding prison, 47% of male inmates have anti-social personality disorder. (Basically, they have no empathy and are prone to thrill-seeking, making them severely immoral). I suspect the combination of ADHD causing a lack of impulse-control and foresight, and ASPD causing callousness and selfishness is a very dangerous combination.

ADHD only causes crime on it's own when they attempt to self-medicate (I don't mean consciously try to replicate ADHD meds) and ended up getting hooked on drugs, and commit petty crime to feed their habit.

i have no idea why anyone listens to Jess Glynn. Her voice sounds like someone chucking a brick down a rusty metal pipe. Truly awful.
My next door neighbours ex girlfriend used to listen to her album on full blast every time they fell out which was often. I was genuinely overjoyed when they split up which is awful but justified I think?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My next door neighbours ex girlfriend used to listen to her album on full blast every time they fell out which was often. I was genuinely overjoyed when they split up which is awful but justified I think?
As someone who has had the misfortune of flying Jet2 in recent years, I'd say you are definitely justified!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jess Glynne sounds like her voice should be good, but she deliberately sounds bad in order to sound "interesting". Also all of her songs are repetitive as hell.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.