Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Alec Baldwin’s wife. However I think that’s a really unfair article (surprise surprise DM) and her video was fine. She explained things well
In some ways I think she did explain well but she didn’t clarify if one of her parents is actually Spanish.
I’m guessing not, as if she’s so determined to be Spanish she would have been keen to tell everyone about having a Spanish parent.

There are lots of Twitter tweets currently from people who knew her at school, college or in childhood, all in Boston.

Reactions: 2
It seems like such a jump from when the wokeness started. I’m 30 and I have a younger lot at my work they are only about five years younger than me but they get offended about everything and fight for the rights of every group / everything, e.g they’re vegan, they’ll go to climate change rallies, constantly posting for trans lives matters, blm, feminist quotes etc etc and none of that is a bad thing at all but I feel like there is such a generation gap when there really isn’t a big age difference. I just feel in my early twenties me and my friends were more worried about going out and getting drunk, again, obviously it’s great things are moving in the right direction but I just don’t remember caring enough about other issues at that age. I think I might not have explained myself very well as it’s probably made myself come across worse in this but just going by some other comments, I can’t figure out when we had this shift.
I'm 47, was a young person in the 90s and completely uninterested in politics and all that kind of stuff. Was more into grunge/metal, going to clubs, gigs and drinking.

Reactions: 13

Hilaria is nuts.She has been faking a Spanish accent for years.I just assumed she was Spanish.The Cucumber clip "How do you say in English".The woman was born in Boston.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There was def an orgy, or multiple orgies, at kate mosses 30th but the idea she had a load of men queuing at the door of her suite in claridges to drop their load over her is laughable.
Besides my understanding is a lot of people find heroin completely kills their Sex drive and is well known to stop men getting elections. So not sure that would be their priority. It sounds like an urban legend
Can't imagine her and Pete Doherty were at it much then! One of her first photo shoots were dubbed "heroin chic" due to her looking thin and it being very unglamorous shoot. When were her heroin years? Can't imagine her not doing drugs with Johnny Depp. I thought it funny when everyone was so shocked at pics of her snorting coke!

Reactions: 8
In some ways I think she did explain well but she didn’t clarify if one of her parents is actually Spanish.
I’m guessing not, as if she’s so determined to be Spanish she would have been keen to tell everyone about having a Spanish parent.

There are lots of Twitter tweets currently from people who knew her at school, college or in childhood, all in Boston.
Neither of her parents are Spanish.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've just been a 'mature' student at uni and although the woke brigade are definitely there, I don't think it's as widespread as maybe social media and the media suggest. Loads love friends, say un pc things, don't care about all rights etc

Dont forget these generations are the participation award generation, they've been told all problems are others faults, never told no etc. Once out in the real world its a different matter.

Reactions: 10
I'm 39 and growing up in 80s/90s black wasn't appropriate and coloured was deemed better, then you have people of colour which was used in the 00s. Now black is acceptable.

The problem with politically correct words is they change from one generation to another and people lose track of what they can and can't say.
I guess I was just surprised as being only three years younger than him yet the complete opposite in that I’ve always known that as an inappropriate thing to say so was suprised it seemed common language for him?

I do appreciate things change - when I was very young everyone said half cast instead of mixed race and oriental instead of East Asian and I’ve had to change those terms as I got older and realised they aren’t ok to say. But coloured was always an outdated racist word from when I was young I thought.

Was it really considered bad to say black rather than coloured? I’ve always found it hilarious when white people lower their voice or act some kinda way when they describe a black person as black 😭😭😭 like you’re not being racist. It’s not a bad thing to be black so you don’t need to act like it’s bad to describe someone as black! However I do appreciate they are at least being conscious rather than just spouting inoffensive tit everywhere. My mum still drops the P word sometimes and I have to tell her off

• Heart

Hilaria is nuts.She has been faking a Spanish accent for years.I just assumed she was Spanish.The Cucumber clip "How do you say in English".The woman was born in Boston.:ROFLMAO:
That is bonkers! Such a put on Spanish accent

Reactions: 5
I guess I was just surprised as being only three years younger than him yet the complete opposite in that I’ve always known that as an inappropriate thing to say so was suprised it seemed common language for him?

I do appreciate things change - when I was very young everyone said half cast instead of mixed race and oriental instead of East Asian and I’ve had to change those terms as I got older and realised they aren’t ok to say. But coloured was always an outdated racist word from when I was young I thought.

Was it really considered bad to say black rather than coloured? I’ve always found it hilarious when white people lower their voice or act some kinda way when they describe a black person as black 😭😭😭 like you’re not being racist. It’s not a bad thing to be black so you don’t need to act like it’s bad to describe someone as black! However I do appreciate they are at least being conscious rather than just spouting inoffensive tit everywhere. My mum still drops the P word sometimes and I have to tell her off
But thats probably why people whisper the word black, because it wasn't deemed acceptable to many. I don't know if it varied in location or whatever. Definitely black was deemed the more offensive.

And Tara Banks used people of colour all the time on America's next top model in the 2000s

Tbh in the 80s and 90s indian/Pakistani was the much bigger race issue, certainly where I was anyway. Black issues wasn't really a thing, but use of the P word was like the N word today.

I had to change from saying half cast and I am mixed race myself! I suppose what I don’t like about this current thing is that if there was video or audio of me saying that (or other things) back then people would be calling for my head now rather than realising it was from a different time and a place.

But anyway back to the sleb tea, is that supposed fake accent like what I think Gino DeCampo does? (He knows full WELL how to pronounce certain words, but doesn’t because he wants a cheap laugh, IMO). Has he ever formally or publicly spoke about what he did to Paul Young?

Reactions: 24
Yes I’m 40 and have never known anyone who uses the word coloured, in the 80s or since. I think these things are quite localised. I remember a friend telling me a bouncer had thrown someone out of a pub for calling him a ‘coon and neither me nor my 1950s born mother (there at the time) had ever heard of anyone being called that in the U.K. i Didn’t even know what it meant- my mum did but only from American books. Yet there was someone saying it in the mid 90s, in London.

Reactions: 3
I had to change from saying half cast and I am mixed race myself! I suppose what I don’t like about this current thing is that if there was video or audio of me saying that (or other things) back then people would be calling for my head now rather than realising it was from a different time and a place.

But anyway back to the sleb tea, is that supposed fake accent like what I think Gino DeCampo does? (He knows full WELL how to pronounce certain words, but doesn’t because he wants a cheap laugh, IMO). Has he ever formally or publicly spoke about what he did to Paul Young?
Oh yeah Gino is completely playing up to the Italian stereotype...which come to think of it is kinda offensive in a way.

The same as Jane Mcdonald acts up her northern lass routine

Reactions: 6
Yes I’m 40 and have never known anyone who uses the word coloured, in the 80s or since. I think these things are quite localised. I remember a friend telling me a bouncer had thrown someone out of a pub for calling him a ‘coon and neither me nor my 1950s born mother (there at the time) had ever heard of anyone being called that in the U.K. i Didn’t even know what it meant- my mum did but only from American books. Yet there was someone saying it in the mid 90s, in London.
One of my work colleagues says coloured and she's only 36.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yeah I've never heard that either.

I think what these posts show is how varied and confused what is politically correct is. I just hope that society has now settled on acceptable words

I agree, the calling for people's heads for using the wrong word is unacceptable. I can't wait for some of these people to be on the receiving end when they make a mistake.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I've never heard that either.

I think what these posts show is how varied and confused what is politically correct is. I just hope that society has now settled on acceptable words

I agree, the calling for people's heads for using the wrong word is unacceptable. I can't wait for some of these people to be on the receiving end when they make a mistake.
Yep! It’s probably petty but I am very much looking forward to the turn of those who are loudly scolding the recent past now and thinking things in these times are PC and “right” only for the next generation to come along to tell them how backward and stupid they are. And every time they try and protest I will be batting everything away with a dismissive “ok, boomer” (or the like) 😋

But thats probably why people whisper the word black, because it wasn't deemed acceptable to many. I don't know if it varied in location or whatever. Definitely black was deemed the more offensive.

And Tara Banks used people of colour all the time on America's next top model in the 2000s

Tbh in the 80s and 90s indian/Pakistani was the much bigger race issue, certainly where I was anyway. Black issues wasn't really a thing, but use of the P word was like the N word today.
I get that, i just find it funny when people do it as I guess to me it’s a little ironic. You’re almost insinuating that its a bad thing by whispering that word which negates the point of you trying to be inoffensive 😂 as I said thought I do appreciate that at least they are well intentioned - when I say it’s funny I mean it good naturedly not to point fingers at people who do it. Like I said they could just spout P C and N words with no care.

im happy to hear in your area P word wasn’t used. In mine it certainly was derogatory but people still used it (never me I see it on the same level as n word due to the intention behind it) but others it was no diff to saying going down the c shop 😤

tbh perhaps these changes is why I’ve always said black rather than people of colour or the new “politically correct” BIPOC which actually I find probably a little ... off the mark. Black is beautiful and so I find it probably the least-likely-to-ever-suddenly-be-wrong term. If that makes sense? Tbh I dont** feel the need to include someone ethnicity in a description of them the way many people do but if I am referencing their ethnicity I personally see black as a positive word, like I said, black is beautiful no need to whisper it! Or start categorising people like beetles into acronyms like bipoc.

Reactions: 2
Recently I was in a room with people from many different backgrounds and a white woman in her 30s took a long pause before referring to some young black men as ‘coloured rude boys’. I don’t think anyone of that age can plead ignorance and I dread to think what she would have said if she hadn’t stopped to think about it!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Totally agree Re people being hung from the rafters for things said years ago. As we said a lot of people now are “too woke” and i don’t think they realise they are in fact campaigning only to campaign rather than actually caring what they campaign for. I have a friend like this:; it seems her entire MO is just to be an activist? Rather than “well I fight for x rights because I care about x y z...” she will just be all over any and every rights issue which is great but stinks of virtue signalling or white saviour type tit to me lol calling everyone and their wife out like jameela

Recently I was in a room with people from many different backgrounds and a white woman in her 30s took a long pause before referring to some young black men as ‘coloured rude boys’. I don’t think anyone of that age can plead ignorance and I dread to think what she would have said if she hadn’t stopped to think about it!
This reminds me of a clip of Yolanda talking to Gigi on RWOBH about her volleyball and how a sports body doesn’t mix with modelling... she took a massive pause when saying
“I thought my daughter was ............

...... a lesbian”

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I wonder what the first word in her head was!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The talk of Zoe Alexander reminds me of this girl that was on BGT in 2011... First off Simon and Amanda were being disrespectful to her by getting distracted by a fly, when they were supposed to be judging her. Then they judges were horrible to her about the song choice but she didn't pick the song or arrangement. She got really upset about it. I felt really bad for her :

Could someone start a thread on X factor and how vile, and manipulating it really is. I went down a rabbit hole, after finding Zoe's vid, and I think it was only the tip of the iceberg.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.