Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree re Kate Moss. She’s incredibly photogenic but also represented a move away from the unachievable barbie doll look of the 80s- which was a good thing surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love reading all the ways people are linked to famous people!
Mine are pretty boring..

Went to school with Ferns druggy baby daddy,

Went to Danielle Westbrook’s wedding and she was good friends with my mum for years!

met a few celebs at that wedding like Barbara Windsor, Bebe from easterners and Denise van outen.

went to Brian Harvey’s house with my mum and dani

my mum does tarot card reading for a few celebs
She had Gemma Collins ring her for a reading, my mum said she was pretty full and Gemma pulled out don’t you know who I am!

yaz from TOWIE mum use to be my hairdresser! That girl was one spoiled brat!!
What did your Mum tell her, “I bet you like your food, I see you walking i into Greggs,”

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Agreed, but If that’s what that person wanted you to say in a professional work environment it’s hardly worth fighting against.

in reality, you weigh up lots of different sources, do your own research and work it out that way.
If someone wanted me to refer to them as a queer, half caste person in a professional work environment I would flat out refuse because I don’t like either terms.

Reactions: 1
Not really. Ok, maybe half caste but queer is an acceptable term and is used a lot in mainstream, including the media. Not by me though, because I hate it.

Well that’s up to you, and as you say it’s an acceptably used word anyway.
You’d obviously be stupid to try and fight to use the word half caste in the workplace though.

without using offensive language obviously, I think it’s mostly white people that panic what words they use. Most black people I know don’t care as long as there’s no malice in what you are saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I make it easy for myself by not describing anyone by their ethnicity or sexuality.

If anyone mistakenly uses a racist or phobic word and are corrected, they know from then on to not use it. If they continue to use it they must not mind being branded racist or one of the phobics. I don’t know where any confusion comes from.

Reactions: 5
I know someone made a comment about this on the Daily Mail post about Carson from Downton’a daughter being an actress in the new Bridgerton show - they said that nepotism is so rife within the arts community that sometimes they didn’t bother going to auditions when they knew that a celebrity’s offspring had a shoe in - I’m wondering if anyone has any gossip on something similar to this happening and which celebrities are known for this? Makes me think that there are so many celebrity offspring that have gone into acting or modelling and only like 1 or 2 are any good.
I don’t know if this is gossip or whatnot, but the Firth version of “Pride and Prejudice” I think EVERY daughter, or all but one of the Bennetts was the daughter of a successful actors/thesps! RichardBriars daughter, and Jasper Carrots daughter, I remember those two, but am sure there were others.

Reactions: 7
Well that’s up to you, and as you say it’s an acceptably used word anyway.
You’d obviously be stupid to try and fight to use the word half caste in the workplace though.
But that’s the point that was being made in the first place. I’m mid 30s but the two words mentioned when I were younger have “swapped” in acceptability, half caste was acceptable and queer was insulting. If someone asked me to call them queer I’d say no. Anyway I’ll drop it now and hopefully we can get back to sleb goss 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I disagree re Kate Moss. She’s incredibly photogenic but also represented a move away from the unachievable barbie doll look of the 80s- which was a good thing surely?
She moved it away to super skinny heroin chic, which is achieveable, but only through starvation and copious use of cocaine and heroin. The supermodels of the 80's like Cindy Crawford etc had far more healthy looking figures. None of them were Barbie dolls. They had hips and boobs for a start.

Reactions: 11
Wrestling is the most gossiped about industry. Throw me out any names you want info on and I guarantee I know something.
The (sadly) late Pat Roach. I know it's a long shot that you might remember him or have tea, but he's always been my biggest crush so just thought I'd chance it! X

Reactions: 3
I don’t know if this is gossip or whatnot, but the Firth version of “Pride and Prejudice” I think EVERY daughter, or all but one of the Bennetts was the daughter of a successful actors/thesps! RichardBriars daughter, and Jasper Carrots daughter, I remember those two, but am sure there were others.
Is she Imelda Staunton's daughter? Sally from Coronation Streets daughter is in it too, although to be fair, Im not sure how much clout a soap actress would have with Netflix! I think it must also be something about drama school being so expensive and difficult to get into, you need connections and money.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.