Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a good article about her 30th. I cant find it now but it basically turned into a big orgy and Gloop left in disgust

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love reading all the ways people are linked to famous people!
Mine are pretty boring..

Went to school with Ferns druggy baby daddy,

Went to Danielle Westbrook’s wedding and she was good friends with my mum for years!

met a few celebs at that wedding like Barbara Windsor, Bebe from easterners and Denise van outen.

went to Brian Harvey’s house with my mum and dani

my mum does tarot card reading for a few celebs
She had Gemma Collins ring her for a reading, my mum said she was pretty full and Gemma pulled out don’t you know who I am!

yaz from TOWIE mum use to be my hairdresser! That girl was one spoiled brat!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Matthew Perry is the complete opposite of the funny charming Chandler in real life. Not a nice person.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Matthew Perry is the complete opposite of the funny charming Chandler in real life. Not a nice person.
Can you say why? I have heard that he is nothing like Chandler in real life but because he is quite serious and suffers badly from depression. I remember reading an interview where he said he couldn’t remember filming one of the seasons of friends because he was mostly in a drug haze, but haven’t heard him being not nice.

Does anyone have any WWE/Mcmhaon family tea? I bet there is loads!

Reactions: 7
Sorry for the change of subject, but I know someone who was at Kate Moss’s 30th birthday party. Apparently it was grim, seedy and not at all glamorous. A lot of smack. Apparently there was a queue of guys outside her bedroom door waiting turns to go in and duck her at her request. Seriously gross.
she was with jefferson hack then? I remember reading that he was dancing next to a yukka plant and wasn't quite as wild as the rest. it always stuck in my mind haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I must admit I found the characters of Chandler, his mum and dad all reacting in ways that seemed pretty normal given the context etc. His mum and dad barbing with each other after a complicated break up is perfectly normal and to be expected surely.

Chandler being uncomfortable with his father having an affair when he was young and breaking the family up. And also being uncomfortable with his hyper sexual mother.

I'm quite happy to be told why it was transphobic, but I personally didn't find it problematic in that sense. Particularly surprising given that trans storylines were not exactly common in that era. It was surprisingly reasonable to me.

Compared to the total lack of catty comments towards Carol and Susan for having an affair while Carol was married to Ross.
I also think that although I do agree with the points made in the article I read about friends NOW being out of touch with a lot of this stuff, it was pretty indicative of views at the time or at least acceptable humour subjects? I’m sure if there was a friends 2.0 made now it would be much different

also agree with you that a lot of the humour didn’t come across malicious but more standard banter as you say chandlers references to his dad - that’s chandlers humour in general anyway, the self deprecating sarcasm!

I love reading all the ways people are linked to famous people!
Mine are pretty boring..

Went to school with Ferns druggy baby daddy,

Went to Danielle Westbrook’s wedding and she was good friends with my mum for years!

met a few celebs at that wedding like Barbara Windsor, Bebe from easterners and Denise van outen.

went to Brian Harvey’s house with my mum and dani

my mum does tarot card reading for a few celebs
She had Gemma Collins ring her for a reading, my mum said she was pretty full and Gemma pulled out don’t you know who I am!

yaz from TOWIE mum use to be my hairdresser! That girl was one spoiled brat!!
Oh I’d love to hear more on dani! Been focused on her a little since watching her James English interview and can’t make up my mind on her?! I really want to like her but keep reading slightly off stuff but then again as an addict things are always a little warped Including your decisions

Reactions: 5
re friends - I grew up watching friends, I could quote most episodes and still find it funny now. I’ve never really watched it and felt it was offensive (maybe because it wouldn’t be offensive to myself) but I remember reading online that when it was released on Netflix and the younger generation who probably hadn’t watched it the first time round found it offensive due to some of the gay jokes they had one it (I can’t remember exactly how which episodes it referenced) I think it’s one of those things like someone mentioned earlier, Amanda Holden saying someone had a great figure, it probably wouldn’t be said in 2020. I’m sure of friends was made now it would be more relevant and conscious of maybe offending people. I personally don’t see a problem with friends, but then I’m sure there are lots of tv shows that were on before my time that I would think... ooh are you allowed to say that?!

Reactions: 12
I also think that although I do agree with the points made in the article I read about friends NOW being out of touch with a lot of this stuff, it was pretty indicative of views at the time or at least acceptable humour subjects? I’m sure if there was a friends 2.0 made now it would be much different

also agree with you that a lot of the humour didn’t come across malicious but more standard banter as you say chandlers references to his dad - that’s chandlers humour in general anyway, the self deprecating sarcasm!

Oh I’d love to hear more on dani! Been focused on her a little since watching her James English interview and can’t make up my mind on her?! I really want to like her but keep reading slightly off stuff but then again as an addict things are always a little warped Including your decisions
Ask me a question and I will try and answer it!

re friends - I grew up watching friends, I could quote most episodes and still find it funny now. I’ve never really watched it and felt it was offensive (maybe because it wouldn’t be offensive to myself) but I remember reading online that when it was released on Netflix and the younger generation who probably hadn’t watched it the first time round found it offensive due to some of the gay jokes they had one it (I can’t remember exactly how which episodes it referenced) I think it’s one of those things like someone mentioned earlier, Amanda Holden saying someone had a great figure, it probably wouldn’t be said in 2020. I’m sure of friends was made now it would be more relevant and conscious of maybe offending people. I personally don’t see a problem with friends, but then I’m sure there are lots of tv shows that were on before my time that I would think... ooh are you allowed to say that?!
I agree. Imo younger generation just like to be angry. They haven't grown up with friends, will and grace etc. I mean look at borat films, Bruno, family guy, South Park. They push the boundaries way more than friends. I know some I mentioned are animated but still they are way over the line.

Reactions: 20
I agree. Imo younger generation just like to be angry. They haven't grown up with friends, will and grace etc. I mean look at borat films, Bruno, family guy, South Park. They push the boundaries way more than friends. I know some I mentioned are animated but still they are way over the line.
Agree. My nephew is 26 (I'm the youngest of all his aunts/uncles at 41) but sometimes that 15 year gap seems so big.
He's just so 'woke' (I HATE that word) and politically correct about absolutely everything. It's as though he tries to be offended or insulted.

Reactions: 26
Any tea on talentless chancer with no particular talent and all round behemoth Alison Hammond ?
I work in tv and she came to film a segment for This Morning about our show. I had just got breakfast from catering for my team and popped it down to get some cutlery. She came over picked up my breakfast boxes and looked in them, I looked at her and she said ‘is this where we get breakfast!?’
I had to awkwardly explain that was my breakfast and she had to go over to catering to get hers :LOL: she was fine about it and laughed it off!

Reactions: 15
Agree. My nephew is 26 (I'm the youngest of all his aunts/uncles at 41) but sometimes that 15 year gap seems so big.
He's just so 'woke' (I HATE that word) and politically correct about absolutely everything. It's as though he tries to be offended or insulted.
Haha couple years ago I used the word woke.... it’s been taken over now tho as you say with ‘too woke’ people like jameela Jamil

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.