Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure Hugh Bonneville is lovely.....
...after a finger up the bum!
<snigger>
He should have a chat to Edwina Currie

It's quite bizarre isn't it?

Thinking back to when Anthony joined the street in 2003, there was a big fanfare if I recall, as wasnt he the first openly gay character on the soap?
He was a protege of Corrie creator Tony Warren... gave him the job when we wrote him a cheeky letter about becoming the first openly gay character on the street... maybe that has granted him 'untouchable' status.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
My local chemist tells me when I buy Night Nurse that I can't take paracetamol, or any other paracetamol products with it. Which isn't strictly true.

Night Nurse contains 1000mg of paracetamol, the maximum daily adult dose of paracetamol is 4000mg. I wonder if they are misinformed, or after seeing your post maybe being over zealous in their advice because of accidental overdose?
Sorry slightly off topic but I always assumes this was because they expect you’ll have the night nurse as your Last dose of paracetemol, after a day of taking it too? Ie day nurse?

I think they generally mean you can’t take night nurse plus a few paracetemol tablets are the same time

• Heart
Reactions: 3
They do do an Easter egg hunt, I used to work for Advantage and Friday Ad (local ad papers) and used to do their adverts for it (and the Xmas event), they used to spend A LOT of money on the events and on publicising them, I guess they were a good way to get people in. It looks an incredible place and to be fair the people I used to speak to who did the adverts there were absolutely lovely.

Apparently Tom was there all through lockdown, but no one saw him! If he was holed up there he would have no reason to leave, it is huge! The house itself is a mansion abd the rest is like a mini city. It is beautiful, they do a big Christmas fair every year (not this year!) All free, iceskating, reindeers, santa. Very slick and proffessional. Didn't feel pressured, but it is very obviously to win over hearts and minds. I think they do an Easter egg hunt too but I've not been to that.
In general the kids are homeschooled (although some do send their kids to school, but they tend to be private schools) so they don't really mix.
Scios are in the main very ordinary looking people. They do indeed 'worship' celebrities and they have a 'celebrity centre' which is like the upper circle. Life for 'normals' is very different in the church from celebrities. That's why Kirstie Alley/Travolta etc always deny anyone being treated badly. They think it's all glitz and glamour.
No clue about Neil Gaiman but i noticed he is friends on FB with a couple of 'Gaimans' in my local area!
The only drama I've noticed with them is on FB on the local mums group. Apparently a couple of years ago on Halloween loads of kids got home from trick or treating and their parents realised there were Scio leaflets in their bags/buckets.
There was a picture of a gun and drugs on them and apparently quite scary paragraph about the dangers of young people going down the wrong path in life (i never saw it)
It was a 'join the church to save your life' kinda thing. The mums were going crazy and a few contacted the police. Apparently they apologised but no clue what became of it!

Reactions: 5
Didn't she go out with James Middleton for ages? Guess she probably had to change her accent to fit in.
Isn’t he gay, I wonder what else she had to change to fit in.......Although she and the Middletons are all social mountaineers so they have that.
As for un-usually stupid presenters on the BigBreakfast, nothing tops the winner Kater Lawlor from Big Brother saying “many great men like blah blah HITLER”

Reactions: 6

He was a protege of Corrie creator Tony Warren... gave him the job when we wrote him a cheeky letter about becoming the first openly gay character on the street... maybe that has granted him 'untouchable' status.
Ah that does explain cottons seemingly untouchable status. Although tony Warren has since passed away so..🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7

I didn’t know that, but it also explains a lot.

Reactions: 6
I'm looking at Charlene's hair cut, and I'm wondering if it's due to alopecia. She has a very clear circle where the hair is thinner. I currently have the same due to stress and am very very close to shaving all my hair off! From the stories floating around she obviously isn't happy.
I wondered about alopecia too because her eyebrows seem to be drawn on as well, so alopecia may be a possibility. I imagine the poor lady is probably stressed out of her mind.

Reactions: 9
Isn’t he gay, I wonder what else she had to change to fit in.......Although she and the Middletons are all social mountaineers so they have that
Hes engaged to some French woman isnt he? If they weren't so entrenched in the Royal Family and their terrible old fashioned advisors they would probably realise that having a gay brother of the future Queen would not be a problem in the slightest, and would probably make them all seem far more modern and inclusive than they do now. Pretending its the 1950's wont be a good look for long!

Reactions: 10
Isn’t he gay, I wonder what else she had to change to fit in.......Although she and the Middletons are all social mountaineers so they have that.
As for un-usually stupid presenters on the BigBreakfast, nothing tops the winner Kater Lawlor from Big Brother saying “many great men like blah blah HITLER”
Social mountaineers love it

I went to so the same school as Kate Middleton, but am about a decade older. But, word was that her mother complete and utterly groomed her to marry Wills. Fair play I suppose, they got what they wanted.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I went to so the same school as Kate Middleton, but am about a decade older. But, word was that her mother complete and utterly groomed her to marry Wills. Fair play I suppose, they got what they wanted.
Bit high risk. She was probably groomed to get a rich husband, the fact that it was Wills was the jackpot.

Reactions: 18
Bit high risk. She was probably groomed to get a rich husband, the fact that it was Wills was the jackpot.
Think I’d rather be groomed to marry some dot.com billionaire. Much more anonymous and more time for lazing about on my mega-yacht.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I know a woman with three daughters in their 20s and she’s encouraged all of them to get in relationships with wealthy men.

• Sad
  • Sick
I know a woman with three daughters in their 20s and she’s encouraged all of them to get in relationships with wealthy men.
I don't blame her. Employment prospects, income, etc. are still heavily in favour of men.

Reactions: 18
Kate was meant to to another Uni, I think it was Edinburgh, but when she heard Wills was taking a year out and going to St Andrews she then did the same thing.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I suppose it depends on how happy you want your life to be. Not in all cases I guess with wealthy people. I was fairly young when I was in a relationship and almost married a man from an affluent family, had a big lovely house at 23, good job and spent my winters at a family home in the gold coast but i was deeply unhappy as he was very controlling and he made me feel like he was better than me as my family aren't wealthy. The grass isn't always greener in those situations. I now have a different life with a good job, nice house in a lovely part of North London with a lovely man who let's me be myself. Sorry to derail from the gossip. My bad 😛

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.