Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Grimaldi’s are wild! They are more trashy than our beloved Royals!

Talking of Hollyoaks, I find it sweet that the one who died when she fell out of the helicopter is married and has a family with the man who was the lifeguard and accused of being a weirdo. Very cute!
I think he likes men!! He swings both ways!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The Grimaldi’s are wild! They are more trashy than our beloved Royals!

Talking of Hollyoaks, I find it sweet that the one who died when she fell out of the helicopter is married and has a family with the man who was the lifeguard and accused of being a weirdo. Very cute!
Who do you mean? The actress that played Sarah?

Reactions: 1
Wow Daily Mail passing this off as an ‘exclusive’ - Rafe Spall told this story on the ‘Something about Movies’ Christmas special on Sky One. They have copied it word for word 🤔
The thing that always surprises me about Rafe is a) his dad is Timothy lol
But my biggest is he’s the guy in Shaun of the Dead ‘You've got red on you’ in the shop where Shaun works. He’s aged just lovely

Reactions: 9
The thing that always surprises me about Rafe is a) his dad is Timothy lol
But my biggest is he’s the guy in Shaun of the Dead ‘You've got red on you’ in the shop where Shaun works. He’s aged just lovely
I love him as DC Andy in Hot Fuzz.

Reactions: 5
I've just heard the audio. He gave Christian Bale a run for his money. lol

Both Going Clear and Leah Rimini's show are excellent, a real eye opener. I walked past one of the scientology stores and they accosted me on the street once and invited me into the store to watch a video. They were very, very persistant. I don't mean to be mean but they all had a vacant look in their eyes.

I used to have a very good contact but we lost touch. At the time he told me TC likes Latinos. He said all of his public relationships were PR. I always take any information with a bit of salt but that would not surprise me.
I live quite near Saint Hill, the Scientology HQ.
You can 'tell' Scientologists by their behaviour. Nice enough people, but you're right to say 'look in their eye'. There's just something different about them. Most of their followers are older, like a gathering of aunties and they frequently have meetings so they rendez vous in the middle of town (East Grinstead). They then all walk down to the train station car park to get the bus to Saint Hill. Completely silently. Weird.
The author Neil Gaiman is an ex scio and his family is still very involved with the 'church'.
On FB local groups you often see someone with the surname Gaiman pop up when someone asks for any kind of 'self help' or counselling.
Also, fun fact, any Scio owned business/property isn't on Google maps.

Reactions: 16
I was really young when hollyoaks started, I did watch from the start but as you say it resonated and various different parts of my life. I remember the token fat character and she was usually the butt of jokes.
My mum still loves it but the constant serial killer rubbish just irritates me. I’ve stopped watching soaps completely.
The paracetamol thing happened to my friends sister. Basically exactly the same.
I was put on a new contraceptive that caused a massive migraine. Id never had one before and was so out of it I took a whole packet of paracetamol by mistake and ended up in hospital because my now husband came round to my flat and found me semi conscious.You dont realise how dangerous it can be. This was before the 16 tablet limit came in, so I always tell people that story when they moan about it.

You can 'tell' Scientologists by their behaviour. Nice enough people, but you're right to say 'look in their eye'. There's just something different about them. Most of their followers are older, like a gathering of aunties and they frequently have meetings so they rendez vous in the middle of town (East Grinstead). They then all walk down to the train station car park to get the bus to Saint Hill. Completely silently. Weird.
The author Neil Gaiman is an ex scio and his family is still very involved with the 'church'.
On FB local groups you often see someone with the surname Gaiman pop up when someone asks for any kind of 'self help' or counselling.
Dont sciento!ogists believe Celebs are special beings or something? Quite clever marketing- reel in some vain rich people for an ego boost and then fleece them for 50% of their earnings or whatever. I dont think anyone is going to risk being Toms next bride after Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes. Not all actresses have lawyer fathers who can extracate them and their child when it all goes tits up. I think all he has left are rumours leaked to the tabloids now by his people. Neither Vanessa Kirby or Hayley Atwell I dont think are stupid or desperate enough to go for that job interview!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
That's interesting, have you ever had any encounters with any of them? I heard Tom Cruise was moving to Saint Hill, I'm not sure how true that is. They caught me when I was having a hard few weeks. Even with what I know about the church, and I am a non believer in general, I went into the store when they invited me in, and I sat and watched their video about Dianetics. lol. They were nice enough, if not a little persistant, but I guess that's what they have to draw people in. I did not take up the offer but I can see how people get involved in it, especially when things are tough, it was very alluring.

I didnt know Gaiman was an ex-Scientologist! If he left the church would his family still speak to him, I wonder?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm looking at Charlene's hair cut, and I'm wondering if it's due to alopecia. She has a very clear circle where the hair is thinner. I currently have the same due to stress and am very very close to shaving all my hair off! From the stories floating around she obviously isn't happy.

Reactions: 5
That's interesting, have you ever had any encounters with any of them? I heard Tom Cruise was moving to Saint Hill, I'm not sure how true that is. They caught me when I was having a hard few weeks. Even with what I know about the church, and I am a non believer in general, I went into the store when they invited me in, and I sat and watched their video about Dianetics. lol. They were nice enough, if not a little persistant, but I guess that's what they have to draw people in. I did not take up the offer but I can see how people get involved in it, especially when things are tough, it was very alluring.

I didnt know Gaiman was an ex-Scientologist! If he left the church would his family still speak to him, I wonder?
Apparently Tom was there all through lockdown, but no one saw him! If he was holed up there he would have no reason to leave, it is huge! The house itself is a mansion abd the rest is like a mini city. It is beautiful, they do a big Christmas fair every year (not this year!) All free, iceskating, reindeers, santa. Very slick and proffessional. Didn't feel pressured, but it is very obviously to win over hearts and minds. I think they do an Easter egg hunt too but I've not been to that.
In general the kids are homeschooled (although some do send their kids to school, but they tend to be private schools) so they don't really mix.
Scios are in the main very ordinary looking people. They do indeed 'worship' celebrities and they have a 'celebrity centre' which is like the upper circle. Life for 'normals' is very different in the church from celebrities. That's why Kirstie Alley/Travolta etc always deny anyone being treated badly. They think it's all glitz and glamour.
No clue about Neil Gaiman but i noticed he is friends on FB with a couple of 'Gaimans' in my local area!
The only drama I've noticed with them is on FB on the local mums group. Apparently a couple of years ago on Halloween loads of kids got home from trick or treating and their parents realised there were Scio leaflets in their bags/buckets.
There was a picture of a gun and drugs on them and apparently quite scary paragraph about the dangers of young people going down the wrong path in life (i never saw it)
It was a 'join the church to save your life' kinda thing. The mums were going crazy and a few contacted the police. Apparently they apologised but no clue what became of it!

Reactions: 10
I disagree with the statement that 'Boris Johnson is a ****. To me he is a Total and utter lying bastard, who can't keep it in his pants, has led his kids up to ridicule, fucked up his family life, fucked up London (Yeah, thanks for getting Crossrail into the tit), fucked up any chance of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe being released, gaslighted half the nation into feeling they were being victimised by the foreigners, managed to exceed the covid death toll per population than any of the other leading industrial nations, presided over the most corrupt government in modern UK history. This wouldn't have been a trip-off-the-tongue title though....

What I want to have for Xmas, is the Queen driving out of Buck House in a tank, and telling the Prime Arsewipe that he has 10 minutes to get out in favour of John Major or Gordon Brown, or she starts shelling. Then she starts shelling anyway......

I'm not a fan (and don;t get me started on Blair either.....).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I disagree with the statement that 'Boris Johnson is a ****. To me he is a Total and utter lying bastard, who can't keep it in his pants, has led his kids up to ridicule, fucked up his family life, fucked up London (Yeah, thanks for getting Crossrail into the tit), fucked up any chance of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe being released, gaslighted half the nation into feeling they were being victimised by the foreigners, managed to exceed the covid death toll per population than any of the other leading industrial nations, presided over the most corrupt government in modern UK history. This wouldn't have been a trip-off-the-tongue title though....

I'm not a fan (and don;t get me started on Blair either.....).
Please can we keep the thread politics free? Celebrity tea is what we’re here for, surely?

Reactions: 23
I was put on a new contraceptive that caused a massive migraine. Id never had one before and was so out of it I took a whole packet of paracetamol by mistake and ended up in hospital because my now husband came round to my flat and found me semi conscious.You dont realise how dangerous it can be. This was before the 16 tablet limit came in, so I always tell people that story when they moan about it.
Not to derail the thread or anything but good for you for getting the message out there about how dangerous Paracetamol can be, my mum is a nurse and has seen so many tragic cases of people accidentally taking an overdose, ie having the flu and taking some Paracetamol for the pain and also taking Lemsip or Night Nurse to deal with congestion.
Where l live l can't go into a chemist and get some nurofen for period pain without being given a lecture about how addictive it is, not having a go at chemists they do a fantastic job and it's the law here that they have to warn you, but l wish they would bring in a similar warning about the danger of Paracetamol, which you can buy at the till in Tesco.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not to derail the thread or anything but good for you for getting the message out there about how dangerous Paracetamol can be, my mum is a nurse and has seen so many tragic cases of people accidentally taking an overdose, ie having the flu and taking some Paracetamol for the pain and also taking Lemsip or Night Nurse to deal with congestion.
Where l live l can't go into a chemist and get some nurofen for period pain without being given a lecture about how addictive it is, not having a go at chemists they do a fantastic job and it's the law here that they have to warn you, but l wish they would bring in a similar warning about the danger of Paracetamol, which you can buy at the till in Tesco.
My local chemist tells me when I buy Night Nurse that I can't take paracetamol, or any other paracetamol products with it. Which isn't strictly true.

Night Nurse contains 1000mg of paracetamol, the maximum daily adult dose of paracetamol is 4000mg. I wonder if they are misinformed, or after seeing your post maybe being over zealous in their advice because of accidental overdose?

Reactions: 4
Oh come on! Stop with the thread policing! I enjoyed that Boris post. It’s out of order to jump in whenever someone says something you disagree with and direct them to another thread. We have plenty of off-topic posts in this thread (like the paracetamol posts - I don’t see anyone trying to police that poster?) and we should all be grown up enough to deal with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.