Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovegin

VIP Member
I can’t believe Ruth and Eammon have been sacked! Ironic when lizardy old Phil and nauseating Holly are still in work!
I can well believe they’ve been shafted, Philip (Holly as well)will have been wanting it to happen since he came out and everyone was talking about her whistleblowing about how he treated people.

I think it’s safe to say if you are in the inner circle at itv you can do anything and nothing will happen to you, I find the whole thing with Philip Holly and ant nauseating

Reactions: 33

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Did that Ruthie one really “boast” about shagging Prince Edward🤢
Desperate or what? She’s a middle aged mum. And it’s not like she’s been with an absolute stunner is it?
I served him once he seemed either very shy or shifty.
:sick: I can honestly say there's not one royal I'd shag. Well, not a British one anyway. I probably wouldn't turn down King Felipe of Spain.

felipe.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

Reverend

VIP Member
Shamelessly nicked from today's Popbitch, but this made me chuckle.

Back in the 80s, (Richard) Harris was starring in a play at the London Palladium and spent most of his time during the day getting drunk in Soho. One afternoon he got chatting to a beautiful blonde woman. Harris explained to her that he was in a play and that she had to see it. He then got a friend to run round to the theatre and pick up two comp tickets.
Hours later, Harris and the woman were hammered. He reached in to his pocket, found the tickets and took her to the theatre. They took their seats and about 10 minutes in to the play, Harris suddenly stood up, loudly exclaiming "Oh fuck, I'm in this!" and ran off backstage to get changed.
Harris lived at the Savoy hotel for the last few years of his life. When he collapsed with the cancer that killed him, he was wheeled out of the hotel on a stretcher shouting at passers by that "It was the food!"

Oddly enough, he knew that he wasn't going to be well enough to play Dumbledore anymore and wanted Peter O'Toole to replace him, but apparently producers baulked at the insurance costs, and I can't say I blame them! When someone gently suggested that maybe Ian McKellan could do it, he replied, 'No, he's a shit actor', which was one of the reasons that Mckellan said no when they asked!!!!!

• Haha

Droosie123

VIP Member
Remember when Paul Burrell was about the go on trial for ‘stealing’ Diana’s belongings? Then as he was about the take the stand the Queen suddenly remembered that she’d given him permission to take them. Suspicious as fuck that was. I know a lot of people dislike Burrell but he used to live near me and I know lots of people who met him and said he was really nice. He did a lot of stuff for charity and in particular the local hospice as well.

Yeah I remember that, it was well fishy.

Makes me wonder what they were concerned about him saying,

• Heart

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Im a big diana fan. Shes was a young girl thrown to the lions for the sake of the heir and the spare. There's no doubt she had major league problems but who wouldn't have with the life she had. She was far from a saint but she defo changed the royal family for the better.

I was far from.amusrd then Charles and Camilla married. I felt that they didn't deserve to be happy.

But, as time has gone on, I've mellowed consistently. Camilla in particular seems like a good sort. I've read things on here about her helping victims of violence and the charities shes patron of value her contribution. Her speech at the Oliver awards was very heart felt. Strange that she was doing the speech when they have an actress in the family!!!

You do wonder how what the royal family would be like now if C&C had been allowed to marry in the 1970s? A lot of misery avoided for lot of.people. But of course the old queen mum would never have allowed!!!

• Heart

TheMeg

Isn’t there a royal thread? This has been taken over I want the trashy celeb gossip back

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Re: Honey. This is the quote that jumped out at me:

“They tried to give me solutions to a problem I brought to them, which was to lose weight. They presented me with diets and diets, as we know, don’t work and are absolutely toxic.”

Dieting doesn’t work for some people, however for the majority a properly applied diet does work and there is nothing ‘absolutely toxic’ about dieting at all, except if on an extreme level, which applies to anything on an extreme level really. A lot of these body positivity advocates also slam slim people, Lizzo (before she started her own dieting regime) was also in the news saying how the body positivity movement had been hijacked by “thin, white girls” which I thought was off, I thought the whole point was to be confident in your own body, not exclude those who happen to be lighter skinned and thinner than you are. Writing off diets as extremely toxic is, in my opinion, a lazy and convenient way of not wanting to try and using it as an excuse.

• Heart

Chablis1

VIP Member
I think I’ve told this story here before but since odious little cnut Phillip Green is making the headlines...

My friend worked in the flagship Oxford Street Topshop. Phillip Green was visiting and kept his cigar lit inside, smoking it as he went. No ashtray so he had his PA follow him holding her cupped hands out to catch the ash.
One of my friends worked for him at BHS. He was unhappy at the product layout so he picked up a bed linen set and threw it at my friend.

Before that incident her and another buyer flew out to Monaco with him, his wife and a couple of the Directors. The cunt had his belongings in a black rubbish bag. As he made his way down the plane steps the bag burst and his clothes, shoes etc were strewn all over the runway 😂

• Haha
  • Angry

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Get into character 😂🐻
It's always the failed actors who have to lower themselves to being Pudsey Bears etc who are counts with an overinflated ego! Although saying that, one of my friends worked on Tellytubbies and said they were all great and a good laugh. I think hes still friends with Tinky Winky 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ridiculous what Rita ora has done! She would have been better to not even apologise.. sayings she’s ‘embarrassed’ and lacked judgement as were coming out of lockdown. How about you do what everyone else has had to do for special birthdays, weddings etc and just accept that this is not a normal year! My whole year group in school turned 30 this year and it’s horrible having lockdown birthdays but it is what it is! If she really thought it was okay as lockdown is ending soon why not wait a few days and celebrate with a few people out for dinner with close friends in smaller groups in London as it will be tier 2! Not that embarrassed to arrange a gathering for 30 people, called restaurants to see who is willing to open for a private party, I imagine chefs and waiters etc must have been there, she’s embarrassed she got caught!! She actually had more people (if the papers are correct) than at a wedding! She is so entitled and selfish! I hope she loses a lot of work due to this. Rant over... I didn’t realise how passionate I was about this until writing this post 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Dunno about the trial but does anyone else think Scummy Vardy is paying for favourable comments in DM? No way has she suddenly got all these supporters :sneaky:

NextLoisLane

Not a ‘meeting’ but I went to see Joanna Lumley doing a life story type thing at the Palladium, she announced June Whitfield was in the audience and she gave us all a wave and she got a massive cheer. June sadly died a few days later
Whenever I think of June Whitfield, two things come to mind

1. I always think she and Julian Clary could have been mother and son*, going solely on facial similarity, I don't know if anyone else sees it but I see their faces as really similar :)

*(I know he has a lovely mum of his own, have watched his Who Do You Think You Are)

2. And this:

"Just the one dear?" :ROFLMAO: love it :)

• Haha
  • Wow

Shep

Nice to see fat phobia alive and well here...NOT.

Someone saying that if they'd been 20stone at 20 they wouldn't have left the house.

Yeah because that would solve the weight problem rather than be encouraged to leave the house and exercise. 🙄

I mean god forbid you should be overweight and allowed to live without judgement.

Time for some to read Prof Tracy Mann and Secrets from the Diet Lab before spouting on about weight.
At one point I was 19 1/2 stone. At just about 6 ft it meany I was obese. I could run 100 metres in 11.3 seconds and was playing sport every weekend. People were constantly suprised by my speed and agility. Just because someone is overweight doesn’t mean they can’t do things. We are all built differently. I am now around 15 stone so still technically overweight but very comfortable with it as I am fairly big framed.

• Heart
It's always the failed actors who have to lower themselves to being Pudsey Bears etc who are counts with an overinflated ego! Although saying that, one of my friends worked on Tellytubbies and said they were all great and a good laugh. I think hes still friends with Tinky Winky 😄
I know the original Tinky Winky. Weird as a box of frogs.

• Haha
  • Wow

under the ivy

VIP Member
I was just reading Jermaine Jackson’s wiki to find out his kids name and the most surprising piece of information on there is that he supports Sheffield Wednesday football club 🧐 Random!

• Haha
  • Wow