Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
There is/was a column in The Sun called the "secret WAG blog" or similar where a WAG believed to be (and accused by Danielle Lloyd I think?)Vardy spilled the alleged tea on the premiership footballers and their WAGs.
Not only that, but (and I may be misremembering - Popbitch covered it way back when Wagatha Christie first broke) RV only agreed to start feeding stories to The Sun in exchange for The Sun not exposing JV as a racist.

• Wow
Reactions: 39

Shep

To get off the royals I have been a contestant on Countdown and was there for a birthday show

Richard Whitely was quite good fun but seemed like he had had a few at luchtime
Carol Vorderman was friendly but very name droopy as she had just come back from Italian Grand Prix
Susie Dent was quiet and very pregnant so didn’t hang around

Guests
Anya Sitaram from Tomorrow’s World. Can remember nothing which means she was non descript
Barry Cryer was a good laugh and hung round for a few drinks

The two I didn’t want were Jo Brand and Gyles Brandreth who were both there for the birthday show. There was a small party afterwards which both came to and were really nice. Giles said the only thing he was proud of as an MP was that he brought in the change so you can get married anywhere. Jo said she got married on a submarine and without thinking I said ”was it a boat before you got on”. There were a few sniggers and she just stared at me before laughing.

She was doing a gig in my town a few weeks later and invited me but I couldn’t go. Apparently she did 5 minutes in the show ripping the piss out of me and I’m told it was very funny.

• Haha

Mrs Stan

Maybe Geri's bloke wanted to spice up his life.
I was looking for something from Popbitch about Geri and how she pissed everyone in Christian Horner's life off, I know there was one about Bernie Ecclestone getting annoyed with her constantly being in the pit lane, but I couldn't find it. I did, however, dig up this from a HolyMoly! mailout (anyone remember them?!) from 2010. Trigger warning- gruesome pairing alert!

Seeing Chris Evans' book out reminded us of this gem from aaaages ago. Remember when he had a brief fling with pop's answer to a question no-one was asking, Geri Halliwell? You'd be forgiven for forgetting as they only went out for a few weeks. This was due to Geri going off and booking a wedding venue without telling Chris - three weeks after meeting him.
Sound the LUNATIC klaxon.

• Wow
  • Haha

Hugo

Bit rich of the Mail to complain about someone else making money out of muck raking about the royals. They've been doing it for decades!

Reactions: 38

Jumperoo62

Boring but nice tea...I went to a taping of the Paul OGrady show many years ago and he was incredibly funny and really professional. Martin Clunes was a guest and I was surprised at what a presence he had. Suprisingly attractive and witty. I think we all fell abit in love with him that evening!
When I was young my parents were quite chummy with Martin. He spent a lot of time in our house. They don’t see him so much anymore but I can confirm he’s an absolute dream.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Falkor

VIP Member
Speaking of Kate and Meghan, I always wonder if William and Harry would have had the same wives if Di was still on the go. Or what kind of mother in law Diana would have been.
An utter, utter nightmare, I reckon. I think she would have been wildly jealous of Kate and would see her as stealing not only the attention of her son, but also the media spotlight, plus this stunning young woman would have turned up just as Diana was turning 40 and probably starting to think about how she was aging.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Both Vardy’s are a pair of nasty arseholes. Remember how awful she was on I’m a Celebrity.

Reactions: 35

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’m all for body positivity, but when you are that obese there’s nothing to be proud of. It’s dangerous, unhealthy and put’s enormous strain on the NHS.

• Heart

Vanillaco

VIP Member
On Princess Diana and Charles, this clip is very telling in retrospect. Look at her face just after he says it.

They had met each other 4 times at that point. She thought she was ' in love' in the Disney Princess way where you meet a handsome prince at a ball and bang, they are in love with you. He was telling the truth. It was an arranged marriage just like many arranged marriages. My parents had one. I doubt they even considered whether they were in love when they married. ( they met twice, have the same 11 year age gap and have absolutely nothing in common, but are still married 😄) They both went into it with their eyes wide open, not expecting any more. The shame is the Royals and her family let Diana believe in her fairytale and the public desperately wanted to pretend it wasnt an arranged marriage but was loves young dream. The disappointment probably killed her more than anything else.

• Heart

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
It is really weird with Anais Gallagher............ not something I'd be proud of my daughters for doing.

I usually find that the less talent someone has = the less clothing they seem to wear.
Karren Brady's daughter is another one. I would be embarrassed if I was Karren, all her pontificating about women progressing in business and then her daughter (after all that private education) turns out as an influencer on Instagram in her bikinis....

It is really weird with Anais Gallagher............ not something I'd be proud of my daughters for doing.

I usually find that the less talent someone has = the less clothing they seem to wear.
Karren Brady's daughter is another one. I would be embarrassed if I was Karren, all her pontificating about women progressing in business and then her daughter (after all that private education) turns out as an influencer on Instagram in her bikinis....

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

I didn't realise Joe Warren who's 18 has been dating his 24 year old girlfriend for 3 years. Now she's moved out as apparently he's getting very close to his 24 year old skate partner. What would a 24 year old woman as in Vanessa see in a teenage boy? More worryingly his current girlfriend why did she get with a fifteen year old boy at 21? If that was a 21 year old boy with a 15 year old girl it would rightly be called out.

• Sick
  • Wow
I think a lot of the pregnancy rumours and other conspiracy theories came from Mohammed al fayed. He was consumed by grief, obviously but also guilt as it was his driver who was drunk. He tried to make the relationship more serious than it was. I think he also said they were engaged.
Didnt Diana make nuisance calls to Will Carling too, and break up his marriage?

Which one? 😄 The profumo thing? Or something else?
[/QUOTE
As it’s a state sanctioned secret I don’t know do I? Haha.
I bet there’s stuff re the Royal Family that would make your hair curl.
I can’t believe Ruth and Eammon have been sacked! Ironic when lizardy old Phil and nauseating Holly are still in work!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

torontoon

Chatty Member
Ronan Keetings daughter Missie keeps having a pop at in in the Mail about every third week. She has the figure of a pre teen boy but still thinks she looks wonderful and wears what looks like Primark clothes or a bikini (which looks awful).
Wow, that's harsh. Why shouldn't she be happy in how she looks, and why does it matter if she has a pre-teen boy's figure or not?

• Heart
  • Wow

RDay

Chatty Member
I remember when Diana was on her last holiday. She was on a yacht with the Al-Fayed family.
All the paps were there and she took a small boat over to one of them.
It was the royal correspondent, James Whittaker(I think that was his name.)
She told him she was going to reveal something explosive in the next few weeks. She died shortly afterwards.
Does anyone else remember this? My family can't but I definitely remember reading it somewhere.
I think the speculation was that she was going to announce a pregnancy but I think she definitely had something on Charles/ the royals.
Then the Queen all of a sudden remembering her conversation with Paul Burrell at his trail . All very suspect 🧐

Pongoandperdy

That is one of my favourite MN posts EVER!

WTF!? Is this REAL!? It’s doing the rounds on Twitter 😬 (Grindr is a gay men’s sex hook up app for those who don’t know)

View attachment 325964
99% certain this a lame joke. That said, I will never not think of Christian Horner (and Geri) as being absolute slimeballs after the way he essentially broke his first marriage, leaving his then-pregnant wife and kids for Geri and her child. IIRC even his parents condemned his behaviour and stood by his poor jilted wife. Shameful behaviour.

• Sad
  • Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
Anyway, back to the gossip. I find Geri Haliwell fascinating in a way. She's been utterly desperate all her life. Why does she wear all white these days too?

Superdude

if I was a size 20 at age 20 I wouldn’t have left the house. Now it’s seen as normal and even celebrated. Strange times.
I agree being very overweight is not healthy, but at least these days overweight people are allowed to be visible. Not leaving the house would have been an awful existence. They did exist, but they were hidden. My mum ( a mother of 6 and a size 18 or maybe 20) struggled to buy clothes in high street shops, and spent her entire life trying to diet, to fit into a 'normal' category. Often she stayed home, rather than be seen in public. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart