Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought Katie Hopkins was a "character", or at least an exaggerated version of herself (albeit a dangerous one) who - apart from appearing on The Apprentice - made a living writing inflammatory, click-baity articles on DM's website to get a reaction. She's always struck me as a bit too try-hard in her outrageousness. Of course I could be wrong.

DM Online also had a smug, sneery character who would always talk about how beautiful she was/how wonderful her life was, Samantha Brick, who seemed to run out of steam (or maybe just got bored of writing the same tiresome bullshit to wind up the female readership). She seemed very different as "herself" on Celebrity Big Brother.

I also view Liz Jones as a similar type - I'm pretty sure someone on Tattle (or Mumsnet?) said they overheard her telling someone her "real life isn't that bad, and she dramatises it for her column" (paraphrasing a bit).

Either way, glad neither of them (Katie and Samantha) are getting much attention these days.

Edit: This is seven years old now, but it's interesting that Metro newspaper describe Samantha, Katie (and Helen Flanagan?!) as "deliberate media hate figure"s.
I’ve always thought this, I think she says things to get more attention - she’s way more switched on that people think. Just watching her in Big Brother was enough for me to decide she is playing a character and is really quite different away from the media.

Reactions: 6
Katie Hopkins' 15 minutes is well finished.

I found her mildly amusing as a WUM on This Morning. Shame that she went from that to a far-right maniac. Thankfully she doesn't really have a platform any more. Just feel bad for her kids, what a sh*tty situation for them to be in.

Reactions: 7
I don't think Lawrence Fox is "clever" in the slightest, he does however have good business acumen. He's capitalised on the fact that Britain is missing a 'hate figure' so to speak now that Hopkins is well and truly over, but if he had any brains about him he'd have played this off differently and actually done his research. I mean it doesn't take a genius to Google the history of Sikh Soldiers fighting for Britain in WW1 before making public statements (130,000 of them to be precise), I mean they even had their own regiments and made up 20% of the British Indian Army despite only making up 1.5% of the population in India! He's clearly a man who has never watched a documentary or picked up a history book yet is so convinced in his beliefs he goes of spouting pure tit on public platforms, only to be utterly shot down for his own stupidity.

He's motivated by an anger that his precious privileges don't exist anymore now that the playing field is levelling out, because at the end of the day he's nothing more that a second rate has-been actor. And unfortunately Britain is a society where a small population are quite racist, so he will have enough appeal and clout to ride off the back of their support. He'll make a few quid out of it, and then piss off into oblivion, but he's played this whole situation off so badly that nobody will ever take him seriously again. His past blunders have only proved that.

Reactions: 16
I don't think Lawrence Fox is "clever" in the slightest, he does however have good business acumen. He's capitalised on the fact that Britain is missing a 'hate figure' so to speak now that Hopkins is well and truly over, but if he had any brains about him he'd have played this off differently and actually done his research. I mean it doesn't take a genius to Google the history of Sikh Soldiers fighting for Britain in WW1 before making public statements (130,000 of them to be precise), I mean they even had their own regiments and made up 20% of the British Indian Army despite only making up 1.5% of the population in India! He's clearly a man who has never watched a documentary or picked up a history book yet is so convinced in his beliefs he goes of spouting pure tit on public platforms, only to be utterly shot down for his own stupidity.

He's motivated by an anger that his precious privileges don't exist anymore now that the playing field is levelling out, because at the end of the day he's nothing more that a second rate has-been actor. And unfortunately Britain is a society where a small population are quite racist, so he will have enough appeal and clout to ride off the back of their support. He'll make a few quid out of it, and then piss off into oblivion, but he's played this whole situation off so badly that nobody will ever take him seriously again. His past blunders have only proved that.
I'm not sure he will be wanted by TV or Theatre producers. Not just if they have BAME actors/technicians etc. I think people will feel very uncomfortable around him.

Reactions: 7
I’ve always thought this, I think she says things to get more attention - she’s way more switched on that people think. Just watching her in Big Brother was enough for me to decide she is playing a character and is really quite different away from the media.
I believe KH has severe epilepsy that could well shorten her life. She fits so badly at night that she regularly dislocates her joints. Her husband volunteers at a donkey sanctuary, so she is the bread-winner.
I believe she hams it up in order to boost her profile and earn as much dish as she can while she's still around.

Reactions: 17
I see Tamara Ecclestone has had a “secret” baby. Wasn’t there a scandal where her home was robbed of millions ££ worth of jewellery? did anything ever come out about that?

Also her sister was married to that odd little man who still posts rants about Bernie. Seems a little od

Reactions: 8
I see Tamara Ecclestone has had a “secret” baby. Wasn’t there a scandal where her home was robbed of millions ££ worth of jewellery? did anything ever come out about that?

Also her sister was married to that odd little man who still posts rants about Bernie. Seems a little od
I think maybe surrogate?

Reactions: 5
Daily Mail says Tamara gave birth in a hospital in Switzerland. Same hospital Bernie's latest was born.

Reactions: 4
I think maybe surrogate?
There was photos where she looked pregnant but the press never said anything about it which was weird!

Reactions: 3
There was photos where she looked pregnant but the press never said anything about it which was weird!

I mean it doesn’t matter either way but she usually every single aspect of her life. I like and her and husband but I getting surrogacy vibes here.

Reactions: 2
What the heck happened to Aaron Carter? I don’t follow his life closely, but it seems he’s been in a bad way for years now and it keeps getting progressively worse with every headline.

Perhaps a product of pushy, fame-hungry parents? He’s in as bad a way as Britney, if not worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
What the heck happened to Aaron Carter? I don’t follow his life closely, but it seems he’s been in a bad way for years now and it keeps getting progressively worse with every headline.

Perhaps a product of pushy, fame-hungry parents? He’s in as bad a way as Britney, if not worse.

That guy is an utter mess and has been for a while. He always seemed a bit off though, I remember that he made some really sleazy comments about his dance partner on DWTS 11 years ago (who was a decade older and had just split from her fiancé). And he seemed to have some meltdowns on there as well. He's just gotten worse and worse, to the extent that I think Nick has a restraining order against him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I was a huge BSB fan when I was a wee one - I do recall that the Carter mother was pretty awful. I don't think Nick Carter has spoken to his parents in years.

Reactions: 6
Also if you can look up the youtube documentary on the backstreet boys and their manager, it looks like there was a lloooooootttttt of issues in ACs past.

Reactions: 9

I believe he threatened to kill Nick and his pregnant wife. Nick had to take a restraining order out against him. He appears really troubled and youre right, very Britney like.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I have the celebrity scoop of the year! Today I was in spitting distance of Ant and Dec!! They were every bit as charismatic as you can imagine they would be. In fact I have never seen them so animated!
The fact that they were a cardboard cut out, near a stack of books in WH Smith is neither here nor there! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.