Secret Celeb Gossip #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in tears when my daughter told me GM had died. And I was no fan of his at all.
His passing reminded me of my secondary school days when my best friend was a fan of Wham and I was a fan of A-ha. We used to argue who had the better voice, who was good looking and things like that.
So when he died, I was dumbfounded. Thought daughter misheard. Then I cried. What a talent he was, a generous soul with a huge heart.
Admittedly, my late husband bought me his Listen Without Prejudice album because I loved Praying For Time. Such a great album. Plus his video for Round Here was filmed where I used to live.
I found it heartbreaking that he died alone on Christmas Day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I think Lawrence Fox has given up the thought of being an actor now, purely because he he knows he won’t get employed. He has always been a tit, now he is a humongous one. I am sure you know that his demise came when he appeared on Question Time, he said Meghan’s treatment by the press was not racially driven, a woman in the audience (think she was white) said he was white and privileged. He said she was racist for bringing his colour into it. I am paraphrasing. All hell broke loose. In modern day parlance, he was cancelled. Including by the actors union who were very vocal in their response to him.

They have since backtracked, think he threatened legal action. His acting colleagues have abandoned him. Some have attacked him on Twitter - his former friend Rebecca Front has blocked him. Think that’s her name, she was. In The Thick of It. So since that time he has no work etc so has carried on with his anti-woke agenda. Basically he no longer has acting as a career option and his other career as a musician is dead in the water because he is shite.

His big thing is #defundtheBBC and was instrumental on getting Land of Hope and Glory played on the Proms after it was dropped. He is now starting a new anti-woke political support called Reclaim, which has been given £5 million to launch it from ex Tory voters. He is very arrogant, but also clever. He won’t get to be an MP but I think he has filled a void left by the silencing of Hopkins, and will become influential in highlighting issues and will bring pressure on the Tories to do something. He will split the right wing vote. He likes to spar on Twitter in response to the abusive tweets he gets.

He comes from an acting dynasty. Edward is his dad, Emilia his cousin etc. He benefited massively from nepotism. I wonder how they feel about him besmirching the family name, will there be fall out for them. He is going to be buzzing around like an angry wasp for the foreseeable as he no longer has a career. Be interesting to see how this plays out. We live in strange times. An anti woke pushback has started and he will be a key player.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If George Michael did have HIV/AIDS why didn’t he just admit it?
Why should he? Just because he is a celebrity doesn’t mean he should have to disclose his status. You wouldn’t feel comfortable with telling every Tom, Dick and Harry if you had HIV.

The only people who should’ve known was him, his partner(s) and doctor. Other than that it should be up to whoever he feels comfortable with discussing it.

You are also not taking into account that people treat people who have HIV/AIDS like lepers and treat them like dirt because it is associated with being dirty.

For an example when my aunt who barely drank or smoked was dying from it even doctors treated her like tit because it’s AIDS and AIDS is still so ingrained in the general public perception to be a dirty person disease and that people who are junkies, gays or prostitutes only get that disease and in their eyes those people don’t matter to the world. My aunt contracted as her husband had a bad drug problem and she didn’t know he was using IV drugs and several years later during a routine check up the doctor diagnosed her with HIV.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
e is very arrogant, but also clever. He won’t get to be an MP but I think he has filled a void left by the silencing of Hopkins, and will become influential in highlighting issues and will bring pressure on the Tories to do something. He will split the right wing vote. He likes to spar on Twitter in response to the abusive tweets he gets.
See, I dont think he is clever enough for all that. He spouts nonsense and then when challenged he cant justify what he says. He is so easily taken apart its ridiculous. David Michell has pulled apart all his arguments, his mixed race brother in law told him he didnt understand the issue and he told an interviewer that he dismissed him. He is too stupid to influence anyone. Its all just noise and hes just moving from one rant to another. He was an actor with no audience and no attention and now he has both.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why should he? Just because he is a celebrity doesn’t mean he should have to disclose his status. You wouldn’t feel comfortable with telling every Tom, Dick and Harry if you had HIV.

The only people who should’ve known was him, his partner(s) and doctor. Other than that it should be up to whoever he feels comfortable with discussing it.

You are also not taking into account that people treat people who have HIV/AIDS like lepers and treat them like dirt because it is associated with being dirty.

For an example when my aunt who barely drank or smoked was dying from it even doctors treated her like tit because it’s AIDS and AIDS is still so ingrained in the general public perception to be a dirty person disease and that people who are junkies, gays or prostitutes only get that disease and in their eyes those people don’t matter to the world. My aunt contracted as her husband had a bad drug problem and she didn’t know he was using IV drugs and several years later during a routine check up the doctor diagnosed her with HIV.
I always wondered if he had it because he had that stage of behaving recklessly (Snappy Snaps for one) as if he was proving he could do what he wanted. And how ill he was with pneumonia. I love that he was such a kind generous soul that he helped so many people privately and charities without needing recognition for it. And he was bloody funny too and not afraid to take the piss out of himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Absolutely. Apparently he rehearsed more hours than any other artist for that gig. He was incredible, he nailed it that night.
i didn’t know much about him growing up, I only knew Last Christmas and then when he did stuff like Outside which didn’t have powerful vocals and I genuinely didn‘t know he could actually sing for years. On the rare occasions I thought about him I had assumed he was like Madonna, all the style but no substance. Then in 2003 I saw him perform The Grave on Graham Norton’s show and I was just blown away. then went back and listened to older stuff and realised how talented he was! Just so tragic in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Re: Kenny Goss
I posted a story many, many months ago about an old friend at uni (very reliable, didn’t care about celebs etc) whose dad is/was a limo driver and caught Duncan James and Kenny Goss at it in alley way after the Pride of Britain awards. This was probably a few years before Duncan came out. 12-13 years ago I was told this. I always assumed G&K had an open relationship and was much more shocked by the Duncan revelation!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I think Lawrence Fox has given up the thought of being an actor now, purely because he he knows he won’t get employed. He has always been a tit, now he is a humongous one. I am sure you know that his demise came when he appeared on Question Time, he said Meghan’s treatment by the press was not racially driven, a woman in the audience (think she was white) said he was white and privileged. He said she was racist for bringing his colour into it. I am paraphrasing. All hell broke loose. In modern day parlance, he was cancelled. Including by the actors union who were very vocal in their response to him.

They have since backtracked, think he threatened legal action. His acting colleagues have abandoned him. Some have attacked him on Twitter - his former friend Rebecca Front has blocked him. Think that’s her name, she was. In The Thick of It. So since that time he has no work etc so has carried on with his anti-woke agenda. Basically he no longer has acting as a career option and his other career as a musician is dead in the water because he is shite.

His big thing is #defundtheBBC and was instrumental on getting Land of Hope and Glory played on the Proms after it was dropped. He is now starting a new anti-woke political support called Reclaim, which has been given £5 million to launch it from ex Tory voters. He is very arrogant, but also clever. He won’t get to be an MP but I think he has filled a void left by the silencing of Hopkins, and will become influential in highlighting issues and will bring pressure on the Tories to do something. He will split the right wing vote. He likes to spar on Twitter in response to the abusive tweets he gets.

He comes from an acting dynasty. Edward is his dad, Emilia his cousin etc. He benefited massively from nepotism. I wonder how they feel about him besmirching the family name, will there be fall out for them. He is going to be buzzing around like an angry wasp for the foreseeable as he no longer has a career. Be interesting to see how this plays out. We live in strange times. An anti woke pushback has started and he will be a key player.
I am out of touch, how has Hopkins (I assume you mean Katie Hopkins) been silenced?

Reactions: 1
Wonder if Billie (whose acting career is going from strength to strength) thinks she had a lucky escape. She might be worried for their kids though, I think he has had threats.

I am out of touch, how has Hopkins (I assume you mean Katie Hopkins) been silenced?
Think she has been kicked off Twitter (Permanently ??), lost her Daily Mail column, lost her radio show, massive legal fees to pay Jack Munroe. She might be on Insta, not sure if she is still on there, there were moves to kick her off before she even got started. She seemed to have her eye on US and Trump supporters. A lot of her content seemed to be aimed at that audience, think she thought she was going to be scooped up by Trump and the US networks. Normally she says something controversial and you get to hear about it through the backlash, haven’t heard anything recently. Could be wrong and she is still around spewing her poison. (She wasn’t mentioned on The Apprentice recap programme last night, yet she was one of the standout contestants on that.) Persona non grata.

Edited, just looked on Insta. She seems to be in US trying to get Trump re-elected. Looks like she is having a great time. Like a fungal infection, hard to get rid of!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I always thought Katie Hopkins was a "character", or at least an exaggerated version of herself (albeit a dangerous one) who - apart from appearing on The Apprentice - made a living writing inflammatory, click-baity articles on DM's website to get a reaction. She's always struck me as a bit too try-hard in her outrageousness. Of course I could be wrong.

DM Online also had a smug, sneery character who would always talk about how beautiful she was/how wonderful her life was, Samantha Brick, who seemed to run out of steam (or maybe just got bored of writing the same tiresome bullshit to wind up the female readership). She seemed very different as "herself" on Celebrity Big Brother.

I also view Liz Jones as a similar type - I'm pretty sure someone on Tattle (or Mumsnet?) said they overheard her telling someone her "real life isn't that bad, and she dramatises it for her column" (paraphrasing a bit).

Either way, glad neither of them (Katie and Samantha) are getting much attention these days.

Edit: This is seven years old now, but it's interesting that Metro newspaper describe Samantha, Katie (and Helen Flanagan?!) as "deliberate media hate figure"s.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I always thought Katie Hopkins was a "character", or at least an exaggerated version of herself (albeit a dangerous one) who - apart from appearing on The Apprentice - made a living writing inflammatory, click-baity articles on DM's website to get a reaction. She's always struck me as a bit too try-hard in her outrageousness. Of course I could be wrong.

DM Online also had a smug, sneery character who would always talk about how beautiful she was/how wonderful her life was, Samantha Brick, who seemed to run out of steam (or maybe just got tired of writing the same tiresome bullshit to wind up the female readership). She seemed very different as "herself" on Celebrity Big Brother.

I also view Liz Jones as a similar type - I'm pretty sure someone on Tattle said they overheard her telling someone her "real life isn't that bad, and she dramatises it for her column" (paraphrasing a bit).

Either way, glad neither of them (Katie and Samantha) are getting much attention these days.
Looks like Katie is living her best life in US. I think you could be right about her try hard attitude. She is an unpleasant character.

The Liz Jones/Samantha Brick’s are not in the same league.

The Daily Mail always has a harridan on the books. I think Jan Moir fills the slot these days, although she is harridan lite. There have been some hideous female columnists - the now deceased Lynda Lee Potter used to take my breath away with her spitefulness. But she would be seen like an angel these days compared to the likes of Hopkins.

Reactions: 6
Looks like Katie is living her best life in US. I think you could be right about her try hard attitude. She is an unpleasant character.

The Liz Jones/Samantha Brick’s are not in the same league.

The Daily Mail always has a harridan on the books. I think Jan Moir fills the slot these days, although she is harridan lite. There have been some hideous female columnists - the now deceased Lynda Lee Potter used to take my breath away with her spitefulness. But she would be seen like an angel these days compared to the likes of Hopkins.
I've mentioned it many threads ago - Jan Moir should have been sacked for the hateful, bigoted crap she coughed up about Stephen Gateley when he died. I remember how angry I was, and the comment I made at the time. I could not believe what I'd just read and how it was allowed to be published. The family should have hauled her through the courts.

Although the DM audience can tend to have a stick up their arses, it was heartening to see the flood of comments basically calling her a nasty bleep.

She did apologise (likely forced into making a mea culpa to keep her job), but it had the heavy whiff of insincerity and passive aggressiveness. She's a witch.

DM is a bit like social media, you know it's bad for you but you can't help looking.

Reactions: 25
Samantha Brick is a friend of a friend, my friend was also a writer of outrage-inspiring pieces for the Daily Mail for a while. It is all an act and they get paid very, very well for having to deal with all the hate mail. My friend decided it wasn't worth the money.

Reactions: 28
Greedy bastard.
anybody seen this.☹
This is outrageous! It’s almost like a divorced person putting in a claim when their ex has died! The relationship ended in 2011. How was he supporting himself in the years between break up and GM’s death? Why could Goss not have found a job to support himself? Hope this gets thrown out! Another vulture! 😡

Reactions: 6
Interesting that the George Michael documentary apparently said he performed Somebody To Love at the Freddie Mercury Tribute the day after his partner died, as the Tribute was in 1992 and Anselmo Feleppa died in 1993. Unless he had another partner that died too?

Reactions: 1
I wonder if it's psychological. His father had a sudden break from acting when he left to become a evangelical christian for about 11 years. Perhaps Laurence is going down that route.
Like his character in white lines 🤣

Reactions: 3

DM Online also had a smug, sneery character who would always talk about how beautiful she was/how wonderful her life was, Samantha Brick, who seemed to run out of steam (or maybe just got bored of writing the same tiresome bullshit to wind up the female readership). She seemed very different as "herself" on Celebrity Big Brother.

I also view Liz Jones as a similar type - I'm pretty sure someone on Tattle (or Mumsnet?) said they overheard her telling someone her "real life isn't that bad, and she dramatises it for her column" (paraphrasing a bit).

Edit: This is seven years old now, but it's interesting that Metro newspaper describe Samantha, Katie (and Helen Flanagan?!) as "deliberate media hate figure"s.
Lol, all three of them were on Celebrity Big Brother.

I thought KH was the same in it as she appears in public but the others in there with her came out and said she’s nothing like how she comes across and they lived with her

SB was specifically asked about being hated for being so beautiful and she looked like she was about to tit herself and couldn’t answer and was very awkward and meek.

LJ I can’t even remember what she did, she didn’t speak much, kept saying she wanted to leave, how vulnerable she was, how she was too intimidated to talk to people... hardly the way I thought a controversial journalist would come across.

Seems like it is just all an act when it comes down to it.

i didn’t know much about him growing up, I only knew Last Christmas and then when he did stuff like Outside which didn’t have powerful vocals and I genuinely didn‘t know he could actually sing for years. On the rare occasions I thought about him I had assumed he was like Madonna, all the style but no substance. Then in 2003 I saw him perform The Grave on Graham Norton’s show and I was just blown away. then went back and listened to older stuff and realised how talented he was! Just so tragic in the end.
This was exactly my opinion of him too! People were saying how talented and what a vocalist he was and all I could think of was “awake me up before you go go” and “last Christmas” so didn’t really get it and thought it was people just being kind and respectful because he had a long career and had passed away relatively young. Then I heard some songs of his and it was truly WOW.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.