Secret Celeb Gossip #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to explain to my nephew why there were 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who. 'Well', I said, 'they were only allowed to play them twice, and so after this they were wiped' . 'Why weren't they streamed or put on DVD?' 'Well, they didn't have those at that time'. 'But's it's Doctor Who!?!?!?!'. Took me ages to explain that in those days, once they were shown, they could be repeated once, then the Actors Union wouldn't allow to be shown again, and tape was very expensive, so bye bye William Hartnell.......

Not just Doctor Who I told him, Dad's Army, The Avengers, and a lot of others........
The repeats thing was because they thought there"d be less demand for new shows, I assume.

Reactions: 1
i lived in poland a few years ago for work and bloody loved a bit of nostalgia c&a. i could only find chris evans edited spoof pics on twitter - they must have got them to shut it down!

Reactions: 3
At the beginning of last year I fell up those stairs! We were coming from the Tivoli Theatre after a drag show. I was with my teenager and her friend. There was sleet on the stairs and I slipped. I grabbed my daughter’s friends ankle to save myself, I don’t know who got the worse scare....she was ok, I didn’t make her fall too but I still have scars and my jeans/new boots were ruined!
On an aside, I'm so glad that the Tivoli is back as a theatre. I left Aberdeen for the south in the late 1980s and there were grumblings about it needing restoration then. Similarly, near me in Fife, the Alhambra Theatre has been rescued and restored from being a bingo hall. Hope you're ok now from the fall!

Have you seen David Garrett the violinist? He can fiddle me 😜
QUEENIE! I've spent years trying to find out his name. I thought be was Russian so every Google search was fruitless. I'd heard him playing some russian/ Eastern European folk music and was transfixed. So on behalf of me and my loins, thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to teach 6th formers. I was talking about something and mentioned DVD players. One of them said ' what's a DVD?' I nearly cried 😂
I was talking about pocket money once to some pre-teens (quite a few years back too!) and one said to me "wow, you're pre-decimal!" 😖🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
QUEENIE! I've spent years trying to find out his name. I thought be was Russian so every Google search was fruitless. I'd heard him playing some russian/ Eastern European folk music and was transfixed. So on behalf of me and my loins, thank you!
I've not heard of him. Quick Google and woah!!! 😋😋😋

I typed in "ainsley and Alison terrorise woman" in the search bar for you tube and it was the first hit! Alison making that poor woman move on the sofa!
That’s bleeping hilarious. Poor Gill doesn’t appear to know what the hell is happening.

• Heart
15 years ago in a Near Eastern Archaeology class a friend was lecturing said that early city states looked like a Greatful Dead t-shirt, cue silence! As I was listening in, we had a meeting afterwards, I spoke up and said it looked like a hippie t shirt, which they all got. My friend said to me after, had he finally reached that age!

I remember the big What Everyone Wants in Edinburgh, oddly I don't recall ever going in! We also had a big American style department store, Goldbergs, which had a mini zoo on the roof!! As well as ott at Christmas.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Took my niece and nephew (12 and 9 at the time) out in my husband’s car about 3 years ago and it had a cassette player. They were both baffled and didn’t understand what it was! 🤦🏻‍♀️😩
My husband has some cassettes in the loft. It took me about 10 minutes to explain to the kids what they were and how you used them 😄

This! ⬆ It’s my go to site now, I love it, it’s a real community where not everyone agrees but we don’t act like twats ❤ Mush away!
i agree. I never go on mumsnet now. I deactivated my account anyway after another data breach but dont bother even reading now.

Probally sending them to people.
Blergh! No matter how hot his face is, why does he think people want to see a picture of his dick? Another thing, I knew who he was but never really heard anything about his private life, now suddenly he's travelling to and from the US not quarantining to engage in midnight liasons, having pap shots in the park and outside hotels and accidentally sharing dick pics online. It either seems someone in the press has something against him suddenly or hes hiding something. Hes been in the public eye for years with nothing but a few break ups and dating rumours to his name

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Actually one of the stories his ex-wife told, and I don’t know why this stuck in my mind other than it being slightly ridiculous, is that she came home from work one day, late eighties, and found Jim dressed in full combat gear, pissed, saluting the telly (which was showing a programme about the Falklands) and weeping. He then threw the glass coffee table at a wall.

I know that some comedians like to peddle the ‘tortured genius’ schtick, but Davidson was no Tony Hancock.

His second ‘adult pantomime’ was called...wait for it...Boobs in the Wood.
omg I thought everyone was talking about Jim Bowen who presented Bullseye and I was getting so upset and concerned..... ffs back to bed for me 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
After S Club 7 finished Jo O Meara tried to launch a solo career. Me and my friend were walking past HMV in the Trafford Centre and noticed she was doing an appearance. She was singing and there was a bouncer there, suit, glasses but only about 3 people there watching her. It was all a bit embarrassing and we quickly left. Must have been before the Big Brother debacle 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I had to explain to my nephew why there were 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who. 'Well', I said, 'they were only allowed to play them twice, and so after this they were wiped' . 'Why weren't they streamed or put on DVD?' 'Well, they didn't have those at that time'. 'But's it's Doctor Who!?!?!?!'. Took me ages to explain that in those days, once they were shown, they could be repeated once, then the Actors Union wouldn't allow to be shown again, and tape was very expensive, so bye bye William Hartnell.......

Not just Doctor Who I told him, Dad's Army, The Avengers, and a lot of others........
Quite a few of Patrick Troughton's episodes are missing. Remember when it was just Ian Hendry and Patrick McNee in The Avengers? Only a few of those episodes survive.

Reactions: 3
After S Club 7 finished Jo O Meara tried to launch a solo career. Me and my friend were walking past HMV in the Trafford Centre and noticed she was doing an appearance. She was singing and there was a bouncer there, suit, glasses but only about 3 people there watching her. It was all a bit embarrassing and we quickly left. Must have been before the Big Brother debacle 😳
Reminds me, I used to be in middle management for a well known book store in London. We used to have a huge amount of celebs come in to do signings. Poor Audley Harrison had about five people come to his, and therefore his two giant bouncers wearing TEAM HARRISON bomber jackets and sunglasses looked a little ridiculous.

We also had Michael Palin in who was an arse. Said he didn’t like our staff room for sitting in, so the manager moved him to her office instead. He then made a fuss over his coffee we got him, and knocked it accidentally all down his trousers and all over the manager’s computer keyboard, ruining it.

Stephen Fry came in and wouldn’t look at any of the staff, keeping his eyes firmly on the floor. He seemed very out of it.

Bruce Forsyth was very nice, had a huge turnout and proceeded to do NICE TO SEE YOU, TO SEE YOU NICE with the crowd.

Oh and Niall Quinn came in to do a signing. He arrived and went up to my colleague and said ‘hi, I’m here for the signing’. Male colleague who wasn’t in to football replied ‘I’m sorry, Niall Quinn isn’t here yet.’ So Niall smiles and says ‘no, no, I’m here for the signing!’. Colleague repeats that Niall Quinn isn’t here yet. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Talking of Crackerjack, there’s an interesting blog entry by Scaryduck here talking about Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart‘s autobiography. He really wasn’t a nice man (Stewart that is, not Scaryduck).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.