Secret Celeb Gossip #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We also had Michael Palin in who was an arse. Said he didn’t like our staff room for sitting in, so the manager moved him to her office instead. He then made a fuss over his coffee we got him, and knocked it accidentally all down his trousers and all over the manager’s computer keyboard, ruining it.

Stephen Fry came in and wouldn’t look at any of the staff, keeping his eyes firmly on the floor. He seemed very out of it.
Disappointing to read that about Michael Palin - he's considered one of the nice guys.

I wonder if Stephen was having a bad time of it psychologically - I know he has his bi-polar episodes.
Talking of Crackerjack, there’s an interesting blog entry by Scaryduck here talking about Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart‘s autobiography. He really wasn’t a nice man (Stewart that is, not Scaryduck).

Didn't Ed "Stewpot" Stewart have some skeevy borderline-paedophile allegations levelled against him? Let's not forget John Peel used to do that "Schoolgirl Of The Year" thing.

Reactions: 3
Talking of Crackerjack, there’s an interesting blog entry by Scaryduck here talking about Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart‘s autobiography. He really wasn’t a nice man (Stewart that is, not Scaryduck).

Thank you for that link. It is everything I look for on sites like this. Brilliant work!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Didn't Ed "Stewpot" Stewart have some skeevy borderline-paedophile allegations levelled against him? Let's not forget John Peel used to do that "Schoolgirl Of The Year" thing.
If you have a look at the link I put up it mentions when he met his wife. He was 29 at the time and she was 13. They met at Jimmy Savile’s house. *Shudder*

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
C & A were such a big chain in the UK. Oxford Street had three branches at one stage, plus two Littlewoods. I really don’t know why they pulled out of the UK. I saw a branch in Budapest a few years ago. Like others I was excited. It had some great stuff in it. Bizarrely for the time (a time when skiing wasn’t as popular to the masses as it is now) C & A had an extensive skiwear range which people used to rate.
I had a huge yellow ski jacket from there now you’ve reminded me. For those cold Aberdeen winters

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If you have a look at the link I put up it mentions when he met his wife. He was 29 at the time and she was 13. They met at Jimmy Savile’s house. *Shudder*
Yuk. You wonder what the (ex) wife has to say with the benefit of hindsight, even though society back then was quite different. Apparently he was the Queen Mum's favourite broadcaster.

Shame, I remember Ed affectionately from Crackerjack days (can just about remember them!).
C & A were such a big chain in the UK. Oxford Street had three branches at one stage, plus two Littlewoods. I really don’t know why they pulled out of the UK. I saw a branch in Budapest a few years ago. Like others I was excited. It had some great stuff in it. Bizarrely for the time (a time when skiing wasn’t as popular to the masses as it is now) C & A had an extensive skiwear range which people used to rate.
I remember buying pink Thinsulate ski gloves from the Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow store for £6 (was a considerable price for gloves then) - think Thinsulate was quite new - this was around 1984/5. I always wear Thinsulate gloves in the winter :)

Reactions: 4
I was in Brussels a few years ago and there’s a C&A there. I remember in the late 1980’s I had a black strapless dress with white polka dots which I bought from C&A. I used to wear it to go clubbing with loads of necklaces on and a black silk scarf tied in a huge bow on my head like Madonna. I thought I looked the dog’s doodahs. 😁

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Quite a few of Patrick Troughton's episodes are missing.
Yes, the BBC are now animating the missing Doctor Who Episodes. They have all the soundtracks that people recorded at home, and have been digitally remastered. There are another 14 stories left to go (7 Hartnell, and 7 Troughtons).

• Heart
Yes, the BBC are now animating the missing Doctor Who Episodes. They have all the soundtracks that people recorded at home, and have been digitally remastered. There are another 14 stories left to go (7 Hartnell, and 7 Troughtons).
Excellent.

Reactions: 1
I can’t remember if it was a c&a but I defo did the same in a department store, I’m sure it was through the cafe area 🤣

I once queued on the long steps at the side of HMV in Aberdeen to get a single signed by Deuce 🤣🤣 Im not even sure I knew what I was queuing for but felt exciting at the time.
I thought I was the only person who remembered Deuce! I still have their album somewhere 😳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There were different presenters over the years, but I always remember Leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze. If I remember correctly, the prizes on the show included a Crackerjack pencil :love: . Imagine giving that to a kid nowadays - they'd stab you in the foot with it!
And the two women Gillian Comber and Pip Pinton

Reminds me, I used to be in middle management for a well known book store in London. We used to have a huge amount of celebs come in to do signings. Poor Audley Harrison had about five people come to his, and therefore his two giant bouncers wearing TEAM HARRISON bomber jackets and sunglasses looked a little ridiculous.

We also had Michael Palin in who was an arse. Said he didn’t like our staff room for sitting in, so the manager moved him to her office instead. He then made a fuss over his coffee we got him, and knocked it accidentally all down his trousers and all over the manager’s computer keyboard, ruining it.

Stephen Fry came in and wouldn’t look at any of the staff, keeping his eyes firmly on the floor. He seemed very out of it.

Bruce Forsyth was very nice, had a huge turnout and proceeded to do NICE TO SEE YOU, TO SEE YOU NICE with the crowd.

Oh and Niall Quinn came in to do a signing. He arrived and went up to my colleague and said ‘hi, I’m here for the signing’. Male colleague who wasn’t in to football replied ‘I’m sorry, Niall Quinn isn’t here yet.’ So Niall smiles and says ‘no, no, I’m here for the signing!’. Colleague repeats that Niall Quinn isn’t here yet. 😂
I am disappointed that Palin was such an idiot

Reactions: 6
And the two women Gillian Comber and Pip Pinton

I am disappointed that Palin was such an idiot
I met Michael Palin once at a book signing in Watford. The store staff said he would only sign the brand new book he was plugging but Palin was happy to sign my well read copy of Full Circle. He was nice enough on this particular day at least.

Reactions: 8
Lisa armstrong the MUA and ex wife of ant was in duece
I once saw Lisa with Michelle McManus on a flight from London to Aberdeen, I think she was maybe her make up artist at the time. Sat two rows back, so close to fame 🤣🤣

• Haha
Slightly off topic....is anyone else experiencing issues when loading comments on CDAN? I click the link but no comments load 🥺 I have tried on various browsers and search engines!

Deuce were hailed as the poor man's Steps by journos.

Ouch!
I think they were badly managed or something IIRC after they split up one of the lads said in an interview he had to work at a cinema part time as well as being in the band They mustn’t of been paid! Hard times people..

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.