Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I'm here for this. Is Ann as much of an arsehole as she comes across?
Okay, so WL was the first game show I actually felt a bit nervous on. I've been on a few and normally you meet the presenter before you go onto set, which helps you feel more comfortable. Then between takes, the presenter will chat with you.

Not Ann.

Let me tell you how the day went...

On WL, I was the second to arrive at the studios and one player was already there, I'll call him Harry*. It was just the two of us for ages and we both talk for England, so just chatted away until the others started arriving. Anyway, Harry was sound. Lovely man.

So, I make an effort to chat to everyone else. I'm naturally outgoing and love meeting people, but there was a slight tactical element too. One contestant, Seth*, barely looked at, or spoke to anyone, fair enough. No problem.

We are called onto set, bit odd I'm thinking, we've not met Ann.

Ann literally swept onto the set with 30 seconds to rolling cameras. In her big black coat, not smiling. Between rounds they stop filming for a while, checking takes and maybe giving Ann some bitchy lines to deliver?

Ann didn't stay on set for these breaks, she just swept back in as every round started.

She was definitely playing a character, she did it well and was way more brutal on the male contestants. I saw her crack a grin, and stifle a giggle a couple of times.

Anyhoo, Harry was on fire, strongest link a lot throughout. Got to last round of voting off. All there's left is me, Harry and Seth. As Harry was the strongest link, Seth votes tactically to get him out. Thinks I'll do the same. But I don't.

Harry was a bloody decent bloke, I felt he deserved to be in the final. So I voted Seth out, as did Harry. I had no opinion of Seth, as we'd not really spoken.

Poor Harry fell apart in final though and my winning question was on rock music. Yay!

Harry went on The Chase a year or so later, all four got back and the actually won £15k each!! Pissed all over my £3.5k!

I'm still friends with Harry and another contestant from WL.

Oh and Ann .did come up to me and say well done. She seemed nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Off topic and somewhat mushy. But may I just take a moment to say how much I love you lot and enjoy this site?

I only joined five months ago, from Mumsnet and I rarely go on MN anymore, it's much better here. 😊

People bang on about this site being the "bitchiest corner of the internet", but MN is way more of a bitch fest.

Especially love this particular series of thread. Getting to know all your names, swapping memories and seeing all the love for other Tattlers having a hard time IRL. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Ann Diamond was on a show last night commenting on tv presenter disasters. I was thinking about her. After she lost her son Sebastian (I think that was his name) to cot death she campaigned for more education on correct and safer sleeping positions for newborns. By the time I had mine in the early naughties it was drummed into parents to lay their babies on their backs to sleep. The instances of cot death dramatically decreased, in part, due to these campaigns.

There are adults walking around these days that may otherwise not have been here if it wasn’t for Ann’s tragic loss. It’s such an amazing thing when you think about it but it’s never mentioned.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Droosie123

VIP Member
Hubby went on The Chase and they won about £8k each which was great. Chaser was Paul Sinha whose set of questions were an absolute mare for him. Anyhow he was very obviously and visually pissed off when the team won. One of the younger team members said to him "can we have your job now" to which his response was "no you can fuck off". 😂😂😂 And he didn't say it in a jokey way either 😲

Bradley Walsh then said "there we have it folks, your lovely family friendly early evening entertainment."'

Floor manager was like "yeah can we just do that final bit again Paul."

To be fair I like Paul Sinha and he messaged hubby later asking him if he did quizzes professionally and to think about it. He was also lovely when I tagged him in a photo of us on holiday and thanked him for having "a bad day at the office". Our son is autistic and getting away can be hard but we went in term time so it was very quiet and early in the season. Result was that our son who hates leaving his home had a great time and told me it was the best holiday eveR.

Hubby has also done Who Wants to be a Millionaire and won £64k.

I just need to get him back in the chair on a yearly basis to live out my days in comfort lol

He did Tipping Point too but was knocked out in Round 2.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Try watching ‘Big Break’ with Jim Davidson. That’s like something out of the arc, appalling sexism towards female contestants and snooker players.
I was a contestant on Big Break in 1998. In the contestant bumph posted from the producers it was stipulated under the wardrobe section (besides "no black tops, no stripes, dogtooth, or polka dots") that female contestants must wear a skirt, or a dress!! Not trousers.

There were two of us female contestants and a male on my show. The first girl had on a floaty, floral past the knee dress, I had a (in hindsight) short black skirt on (C'mon, I was 20 and actually didn't mind my legs!).

Well, Jim comes out as the show starts recording, chats to first girl, says "Nice legs!" to her in the introduction / banter chat. She picks a snooker ball from the bag that will pick her snooker player.

Then Jim says his hellos to the lad, then there's me last. Jim gets to me, sits down to my side, looks me up and down and goes "Cracking legs!!" then turns to the other girl and shouts, "You've haven't won, she has!" pointing at me! 😳

Audience laughing at this, when suddenly Jim dramatically slides off the chair like he's fainted. You see me at this point awkwardly crossing my legs away from him lying half on the floor.

After the show, there was a gathering in the Green Room. I got a photo with the other contestants and the snooker players. Plus John Virgo (who was a total darling). Then I went over to Jim who was sat down, to get a photo and he said he was very tired after such a long day filming and if I wanted a photo of have to sit on his lap to save him standing up. 🙄

So I've a photo somewhere of me grinning next to John like a Cheshire Cat and one of me perched gingerly on Jim's lap grimacing. 😅

My brush with fame didn't end there. Oh no reader! The heady lifestyle I lead....

I was off to Camden that night to watch Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. They'd put me on the guest list as I knew it would be sold out by the time I finished up at White City.

I left the gathering early to get across to the gig, the BBC took me in a car, I had my weekend case and was meeting my London friends inside.

But the doorman wouldn't let me in as it was sold out. I told him that's why I was on the guestlist, but he said no. I started crying, I didn't live in town, couldn't contact my friends (not many of us had mobiles), was alone and had nowhere to go.

He stood firm. Quoting health and safety, fire regulations etc. I was gutted and so chose to sit on my little case and wait until the gig finished to find my friends.

Only, ten minutes later Richard Ashcroft rocked up at the door with his wife (Kate?). He was at almost a foot taller than me. His wife was pretty willowy too.

Doorman let's them straight in!!

With that, I jumped up incredulous, still upset and asked why they were allowed in, he shrugged. I said "C'mon, they are twice the height of me. Have some pity!"

He finally let me in and I found my mates. Afterwards he tried chucking us out, but we had passes by this point and were hanging out with the band for beers. 😊

I went slightly off a tangent there. But TLDR... I went on Big Break, Jim was lecherous, but didn't have wandering hands. I couldn't get into a Gorky's gig, but Richard Ashcroft could. I got into the gig in the end. Oh and I did actually win Big Break, with my brain and not my legs.

Any gossip on Dan Wootton, from The Sun and Talk Radio?
Oh I do hope so. The cretinous slime ball makes me feel rather bilious just on sight. He's odious and repugnant.

Y'know, I really should stop sitting on the fence getting splinters in my arse. 😜

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

TeaLover49

TeaLover49
I hope they have made you much more comfortable?
We are all I’m sure sending love your way

A vile. Joke from a vile man, it was stolen from the equally or even more repugnant Bernhard Manning.
I have 5 brothers, all younger than me, and they loved watching with our dad Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning and all those shite 70s 'comedians' who used to be on TV with their sexist, racist and anything 'ist' bollocks. I hated it. My mum would work evenings, so being the only female at home listening to this was total cringe. Just not funny at all. Thank God for the likes of The Young Ones and Spitting Image. Proper laugh out loud comedy.

Idontliketogossipbut, thank you for thinking of me ❤ Hate to bring a thread down. I'm OK I suppose. Managed to eat a sandwich and daughter dropped off a load of snacks, Yogurts and a large bottle of Fanta for me as she's staying with her girlfriend over the weekend. Morphine has been increased for pain which has made a slight improvement.
I'm hoping to get tips from Katie Price on how to walk and hope to follow her expert advice (I jest 😂😂😂 I cannot walk unaided) Boyfriend keeps buying me keyrings for zimmer frame, so I have some handbags and a Teddy added to collection. All have a meaning to us.
Onwards and upwards with positive thoughts and I shall be OK. As ill as I am, I'm fortunate compared to the other residents here who are bedridden, have dementia, Parkinsons and other awful conditions.

Back on topic, Jim Davidson is a Grade A CUNT!!

• Heart
Reactions: 59

TeaLover49

I must sound like an alcoholic but I’m not allowed to have my cards saved into my phone anymore or any sort of shopping apps cause when pissed I start to click and buy.

I completely forget about it so when the package comes to the door I think I have secret admirers and do be thinking how did they know I wanted a new bath towel set and 6 dove body washes.
I'm exactly the same. Since being in care home, I've spent a fortune on Amazon. But, in my defence, I buy things for my room, toiletries, clothes and some gadgets as I'm not allowed outside.
Yesterday, I did some heartbreaking shopping as I bought my daughter her birthday and Christmas presents, because I don't know if I'll be around (her birthday is in November, one day before boyfriends birthday).
I know she'll love what I got her.
For boyfriend, he's more into Marvel/DC Comics and Star Trek, so it's easier to get what he likes.
Sorry for going off topic, but seeing about Amazon just made me giggle because I can spend days looking at their goodies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I just read that cot deaths in UK reduced from 2000 to 300 a year following Anne’s campaign for more research and the research findings.

42,500 lives saved over the last 25 years.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
When One Direction first started on the X Factor Dan Wooten snuck back stage and took photos of them half dressed and in their underwear and uploaded them to Twitter. Can you imagine if some bloke snuck backstage and took photos of a group of 16 year old girls half naked and then put the photos on social media? It would cause a massive uproar. At around the same time someone on Twitter said that Wooten used to hang around gay saunas in London when he first came to the UK and this was how he got his big break in our media.

My proudest moment is being blocked by on Twitter for calling out his bullying of Nadine Coyle, and it was bullying. A tactic he later used on Alexandra Burke and more recently Stacey Dooley (who wipes the floor with him in response). I actually despise him, he’s such a loathsome cunt with no redeeming features whatsoever and is totally without moral compass or soul. I wish he’d fuck of back to New Zealand never to darken our shores again, but I doubt NZ would ever want him back so it looks like we are stuck with him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Just hoping that Jack Whitehall will accidentally share his penis like Chris Evans so we can all finally go on with our lives in peace.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Haha! Found it! It was on the pinboard in what used to be my study. But it's been cropped in the paper. Hopefully you can tell I'm on his lap?

I may look like I'm smiling. But my eyes didn't match my mouth. Like my favourite meme star 'Hide the Pain Harold".
20200912_214227.jpg
Screenshot_20200912-214455_Google.jpg

This is so strange because you look exactly how I imagined you looking from reading your posts 😱

Which sounded a lot less weird before I read it back just then..😳
I'm no longer a size 6/8 brunette sadly. I'm a buxom blonde and a size 12/14 now. 😆 Still smiley though.

I know what you mean about building an image of other posters. I used to do that with radio presenters. Imagined what they looked like. Ken Bruce was a shock!

• Haha
  • Heart

Anasnake

VIP Member
C&A had a teen range called Clockhouse. I had a puffball skirt from there, thought I looked like Pepsi and Shirley

• Haha
  • Heart

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
I have goss on Cher. A good friend of mine lived with her and her daughter/son for a while about 25 years ago.
She is a lovely woman by all accounts, often heartbroken and upset about not being able to find a boyfriend. She helped my friend who was a stranger massively. I can’t say much as it’s not my story to tell, but Cher acted like a mother figure to her and saved her ina way.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

petitspois

VIP Member
Off topic and somewhat mushy. But may I just take a moment to say how much I love you lot and enjoy this site?

I only joined five months ago, from Mumsnet and I rarely go on MN anymore, it's much better here. 😊

People bang on about this site being the "bitchiest corner of the internet", but MN is way more of a bitch fest.

Especially love this particular series of thread. Getting to know all your names, swapping memories and seeing all the love for other Tattlers having a hard time IRL. ❤
Mumsnet is a simpering best of vipers hiding in a Breton top.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43