Secret Celeb Gossip #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were different presenters over the years, but I always remember Leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze. If I remember correctly, the prizes on the show included a Crackerjack pencil :love: . Imagine giving that to a kid nowadays - they'd stab you in the foot with it!
There was a competition where you had to hold loads of things and whatever you didn’t drop you kept. They used to give them cabbages as well as good prizes.

I think we need separate threads for long gone shops and vintage kids TV !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My husband's niece is 18 now, but about 10 years ago she was in our house one day and asked "What's that thing under the TV?" I said "That's the Sky box" She then asked "No what's the thing the sky box is sitting on?" I replied "That's the video" She looked at me and asked "What's a video?"
Took my niece and nephew (12 and 9 at the time) out in my husband’s car about 3 years ago and it had a cassette player. They were both baffled and didn’t understand what it was! 🤦🏻‍♀️😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We've got a vintage* campervan with a cassette player. I bought 50 tapes from a charity shop for a quid and we are the envy of everyone with our eclectic music collection - from Bowie to the Bay City Rollers, and Fleetwood Mac to Frank Sinatra.

*very very very old

• Heart
Reactions: 27
[

Does anyone remember Littlewoods? They used to have their own brand of items called Keynote (or something like that.) My Mum purchased my very first bra from Littlewoods. It was quite cute, and quite small. Nowadays I need a couple of tripple strenght hammocks to keep em' in place! ;)
We used to go to the cafe in our local Littlewoods every Saturday for lunch. Back in the days of smoking indoors and my parents would share a pot of tea and smoke whilst me and my brother were sat at the same table! Seems shocking now.

I got my first bra in C&A. 30aa 😂 these days there aren’t enough letters in the alphabet to describe my cup size 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Off topic and somewhat mushy. But may I just take a moment to say how much I love you lot and enjoy this site?

I only joined five months ago, from Mumsnet and I rarely go on MN anymore, it's much better here. 😊

People bang on about this site being the "bitchiest corner of the internet", but MN is way more of a witch fest.

Especially love this particular series of thread. Getting to know all your names, swapping memories and seeing all the love for other Tattlers having a hard time IRL. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Off topic and somewhat mushy. But may I just take a moment to say how much I love you lot and enjoy this site?

I only joined five months ago, from Mumsnet and I rarely go on MN anymore, it's much better here. 😊

People bang on about this site being the "bitchiest corner of the internet", but MN is way more of a witch fest.

Especially love this particular series of thread. Getting to know all your names, swapping memories and seeing all the love for other Tattlers having a hard time IRL. ❤
Mumsnet is a simpering best of vipers hiding in a Breton top.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

This! ⬆ It’s my go to site now, I love it, it’s a real community where not everyone agrees but we don’t act like twats ❤ Mush away!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
mumsnet is literally the internet’s version of that one mother who doesn’t think their child can do anything wrong. Constantly giving unsolicited advice on raising children and thinking they’re the best thing since Jesus. They all need to duck off with their messiah complex.

Also the sheer amount of bitchiness on that site cause it is full of people with no jobs or no life outside of their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I had to explain to my nephew why there were 97 missing episodes of Doctor Who. 'Well', I said, 'they were only allowed to play them twice, and so after this they were wiped' . 'Why weren't they streamed or put on DVD?' 'Well, they didn't have those at that time'. 'But's it's Doctor Who!?!?!?!'. Took me ages to explain that in those days, once they were shown, they could be repeated once, then the Actors Union wouldn't allow to be shown again, and tape was very expensive, so bye bye William Hartnell.......

Not just Doctor Who I told him, Dad's Army, The Avengers, and a lot of others........

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Pictures of Adam Woodyatt in The Sun and he looks like the cat that’s got the cream.

I heard he split up with his wife. Anyone know if someone else was involved?

Reactions: 5
Sinitta keeps getting younger. She's 51 in the Daily Mail today.
She needs to be careful with making herself younger because people may just do the math on her claimed age and then think Simon went out with an underage teenager!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.